The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Perhaps you’re comfortable living in a totalitarian state.  I am not.  By endorsing this you forfeit the right to oppose future applications by parties and ideologies you oppose.

I’ve long believed that most individuals claiming to want smaller government, and claiming to adhere to conservative principals actually want no such thing.  What they really want is to live under a monarch who happens to believe exactly as they do, and imposes his absolute will in a way they prefer.

He’s cost himself my vote, and is destroying any good will he has earned with libertarians in many cases.  I am once again returning to vocally advocating that libertarians cast protest votes in favor of Joe Biden.

The President wants to be a dictator.  I say we make him into a bird.

You twist others word to your admittedly previous decided viewpoint. You then claim Trump is less Libertarian than the guy who told the country that the government was their only hope for healthcare and tried to nationalize even more. Truly it amazes me that anyone can be as aware as you and  realize Trump has not enacted executive order 13603 of Obama while spewing it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Perhaps you’re comfortable living in a totalitarian state.  I am not.  By endorsing this you forfeit the right to oppose future applications by parties and ideologies you oppose.

I’ve long believed that most individuals claiming to want smaller government, and claiming to adhere to conservative principals actually want no such thing.  What they really want is to live under a monarch who happens to believe exactly as they do, and imposes his absolute will in a way they prefer.

He’s cost himself my vote, and is destroying any good will he has earned with libertarians in many cases.  I am once again returning to vocally advocating that libertarians cast protest votes in favor of Joe Biden. ...

i don't think casting a vote for O'Biden would be a true protest vote.

the best way to protest would be to shun the system and remove yourself from the process. by participating, you are lending a form of validity to a system you believe to be illegitimate. playing their game by voting for either wing of the bird is giving your approval of the uniparty.

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yeeeaaaaah, I'm out. You have a good day.

I’m not advocating it.  I’m stating a fact as old as time.  It was a key portion of our founding, used as a foothold to establish our government under the Articles.

Our leaders take no issue with marching the poor into death, to kill other poor people, in order to achieve political goals.

But you balk at the mere notion that the elite can justly be held to the same standards, and that those whom presume to hold seats of power should fear those they presume to rule over more than those they rule fear they themselves.

I don’t understand that mindset.

54 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?...SERIOUSLY?......KKK?...white supremacist groups?...Antifah?......armed militias?......."Houston, we have a problem here"...SMH................

Malcom X, the American Revolution, the Whiskey Rebellion, the current uprisings in France, Iran, and India, Harriet Tubman.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

As I was saying.

Libertarian sort of voters and hard core constitutional conservatives don't like this from Trump.  People can ignore his antics and just consider it "Trump being Trump", but once he starts acting like a Monarch, his support from the Right side will begin to erode.

He needs to change tact and change quickly.

I'm guessing he will.

He will as soon as Cuomo and Newsome give him public praise.  He essentially admitted that he'll open the states after the consultation with the governors.  Highly unlikely he will overrule the governors.   This is all optics.

6 minutes ago, GG said:

He will as soon as Cuomo and Newsome give him public praise.  He essentially admitted that he'll open the states after the consultation with the governors.  Highly unlikely he will overrule the governors.   This is all optics.

I know he won’t follow through with it.   That was his ego talking.  He’s already beginning to change his tune in his own special way.

Just now, Magox said:

I know he won’t follow through with it.   That was his ego talking.  He’s already beginning to change his tune in his own special way.

In a nod to TYTT, all he wants is for gov's to kiss the ring.  Ugly optics.  But optics nonetheless.

Trump took a shot across the governors' bow. Governors like Cuomo who are setting up regional pacts with other states are now starting to act like they are the heroes here when its been the feds who have done all the bailing out. Now that it looks like we are out of the woods as it pertains to needed equipment, Trump is not going to allow certain governors to make political hay. It's no big deal. 

The Washington Post Tries to Dunk On South Dakota’s Governor for No Lock Down Order, Gets Smacked By Reality

More:

Another Dishonest Smear By the Washington Post.

The entire point of the article is that the Smithfield experience proves Governor Noem was wrong not to order a mass closure of businesses.

But wait! It is obvious even to a casual reader that the Post’s attack makes no sense. The article acknowledges that the Smithfield plant had already “been deemed essential by the federal government,” so no order Noem might have issued would have applied to it in any case. The Smithfield experience had nothing to do with Noem’s policy.

The WaPo has become truly pathetic. But that’s not news.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump took a shot across the governors' bow. Governors like Cuomo who are setting up regional pacts with other states are now starting to act like they are the heroes here when its been the feds who have done all the bailing out. Now that it looks like we are out of the woods as it pertains to needed equipment, Trump is not going to allow certain governors to make political hay. It's no big deal. 

But he's a king! I need to vote for Joe Biden so my principles are left unbesmirched! :Lol:

Earlier, MSNBC “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough said he wanted to take a short break from not talking about politics to discuss the “stupid things” Trump has said, among other things:

There might be some computer keyboards soaked in coffee after that claim from Scarborough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

LOL Joy Reid.

You just figured out how tax cuts work and we’re getting OUR OWN MONEY BACK?

It’s kind of how it’s always worked, Joy

New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet has made an executive decision: The New York Times will not livestream the White House COVID19 press briefings.

But he’s got a really good reason, you guys:

QI0RR0f4?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

China Propaganda Mouthpiece To US: We Have “Serious Concerns” Over Effort To Defund WHO

I’ll bet they do. Those serious concerns have plenty to do with losing resources for one of China’s most effective allies in their propaganda war more than fighting the COVID-19 pandemic that China amplified through its deliberate cover-up.

After Donald Trump announced yesterday that the US would withhold funds from the World Health Organization pending an investigation into their misinformation on the pandemic, China’s foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian criticized the move in a press conference:

At his Wednesday press conference, Zhao attacked President Donald Trump’s decision to freeze U.S. funding for the WHO, warning the move will undermine global efforts to defeat COVID-19 coronavirus. Zhao said the president’s decision will “weaken the WHO’s capabilities and undermine international cooperation.”

Zhao added that China has “serious concerns” over the freeze, though said Beijing “will as always support the WHO in playing an important role in international public health and global anti-epidemic response.”

It doesn’t help China’s credibility much to leave this messaging to Zhao Lijian. The last time we heard from Zhao, he claimed that COVID-19 came from the US Army in an effort to discredit Beijing. Zhao also spread disinformation about US COVID-19 infections in September, a claim that China’s ambassador to the US later publicly refuted:

We’ve said it before, but it’s kind of amazing to see how close President Trump and Cuomo have been on policy, such as the importance of reopening the economy, while Trump gets flamed and Cuomo praised for his leadership.

Remember, this is the same magazine that published a piece saying a downside of social distancing was that it could lead to a spike in white nationalism. These aren’t serious people.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/04/15/gov-andrew-cuomo-honored-with-rolling-stone-cover-for-guiding-the-nation-through-the-covid-19-crisis/

Only the liberal media would praise a guy with over 10,000 deaths in this state. If Cuomo were a Republican............

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump's lack of understanding of the Constitution is shocking.

I can't wait until he tries to tell States that they have to "reopen" their economies and remove social distancing guidelines. 

He just says things that he thinks make him look strong. 

Cant wait to see his reaction if the NFL decides to delay opening camps. He has no real say in anything here 

MEDIA FAIL OF THE DAY

To paraphrase the great Will Rogers, it’s hard to single out the most glaring media embarrassment of the day when you have the whole media competing to see who can be the most stupid.* But the winner is this Associated Press story, as it appeared in a New Orleans paper yesterday:

IMG_20200415_0002-copy.jpg?resize=580%2C

And yet our media overlords wonder why the idea of “fake news” has so much traction with the public.

16 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Trump's lack of understanding of the Constitution is shocking.

I can't wait until he tries to tell States that they have to "reopen" their economies and remove social distancing guidelines. 

US Constitution:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

US Constitution:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Sorry, where were the States mentioned and where is his authority to tell Governors what they can and can't do?

If he thinks he has "total authority" he's completely insane and well on his way to trying to install a dictatorship. 

Edited by jrober38

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Sorry, where were the States mentioned and where is his authority to tell Governors what they can and can't do?

If he thinks he has "total authority" he's completely insane and well on his way to trying to install a dictatorship. 

Oh, that one? I posted it the other day:

National Emergencies Act. Stafford Act. Presidential Emergency Actions Documents.   Look them up... well, as far as you can. Apparently, some powers are classified. (Isn't that scary?)

What the president has the ability to do, and what he eventually does may well be two different things. But, there is no question that these acts give him the final say when a disaster is national.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh, that one? I posted it the other day:

National Emergencies Act. Stafford Act. Presidential Emergency Actions Documents.   Look them up... well, as far as you can. Apparently, some powers are classified. (Isn't that scary?)

What the president has the ability to do, and what he eventually does may well be two different things. But, there is no question that these acts give him the final say when a disaster is national.

LMAO

But he's saying there's not a disaster!! That's literally why he wants to tell people to go back to work. 

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. 

Edited by jrober38

When the 50th state went to a declared national disaster (Wyoming on Saturday), things changed. Money from Uncle Sam Sugar comes with strings. Sometimes long strings.

Trump seems to like making a declarative line in the sand, makes conciliatory noises to bring people in so they are (or at least feel they are) part of the decisions,  and then he negotiates from there.  Push-pull.

Do I think he is going to do any of these things?  No idea. I sincerely hope not. Does he have the legal authority to do them? Apparently so.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

LMAO

But he's saying there's not a disaster!! That's literally why he wants to tell people to go back to work. 

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. 

Is it true that you are now for federalism? 

• Like (+1) 2