Trump and Russia

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You should hold your tongue. As a Canadian you should know that your Prime Minister's mother purposely flashed her beaver for all to see.

Holy !@#$ you are stupid! How is that even remotely relevant? 

His Papa was a brilliant labour lawyer who managed to outwit the separatist movement during his years as Prime Minister

And he was socially awkward and married probably the first girl who went beyond first base, he was twice her age or was it three times her age?

• 2 weeks later...

Remember those new Russia sanctions Haley announced yesterday? Trump's already running from them in horror! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-puts-the-brake-on-new-russian-sanctions-reversing-haleys-announcement/2018/04/16/ac3ad4f8-417f-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.1da885f829c7

President Trump on Monday put the brakes on a preliminary plan to impose additional economic sanctions on Russia, walking back a Sunday announcement by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley that the Kremlin had swiftly denounced as “international economic raiding.”

Preparations to punish Russia anew for its support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government over the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria caused consternation at the White House. Haley had said on CBS News’s “Face the Nation” that sanctions on Russian companies behind the equipment related to Assad’s alleged chemical weapons attack would be announced Monday by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

Now back to the two scoops/Hillary is a murderer programming regularly scheduled 

On 4/5/2018 at 3:34 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Some people don't get quoted out of respect for those posters who have them on ignore. 

The fact you're not quoted should clue you in on how much you offer this community. ;) 

Protecting the Deplorable Snowflakes and maintaining their bubble.

"It takes a village." How novel!

Somebo.....dee is gonna want royalties!

:P

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Remember those new Russia sanctions Haley announced yesterday? Trump's already running from them in horror! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-puts-the-brake-on-new-russian-sanctions-reversing-haleys-announcement/2018/04/16/ac3ad4f8-417f-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.1da885f829c7

Now back to the two scoops/Hillary is a murderer programming regularly scheduled 

Just call him Neville Trump. Trump knows who Daddy Putin is.

Trump Scraps New Sanctions Against Russia, Overruling Advisers

•  
  •  
  •  

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/us/politics/trump-rejects-sanctions-russia-syria.html

"Russia analysts said the whipsaw policy shift once again highlighted an administration struggling to find a coherent and consistent voice in dealing with Russia, which in the past four years has annexed Crimea, intervened in eastern Ukraine, sought to influence the American election in 2016, allegedly poisoned a former Russian spy living in Britain and propped up the murderous government of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

Mr. Trump has mostly spoken hopefully of his efforts to forge a friendship with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, including congratulating him on a re-election widely denounced as a sham and even suggesting a White House meeting. At the same time, the Trump administrationhas imposed two rounds of sanctions against Russia in the last month, expelled 60 of Moscow’s diplomats and closed a consulate in retaliation for the poisoning attack in Britain."

• Like (+1) 1

Rift Between Haley and White House Erupts Over Sanctions

By PETER BAKER, JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS and MAGGIE HABERMAN

A top White House official said Nikki Haley, the ambassador to the United Nations, experienced “momentary confusion” by announcing new sanctions on Russia. “I don’t get confused,” she replied.

Pushing Trump farther than he wants on Russia! The President is compromised by Putin. 

Russia had threatened to retaliate for the Allied attack on Syria. I think the new sanctions would have been used if Russia did retaliate.

Since Russia did not use it's air defense to try and shoot down planes and missiles showed good restraint not to escalate . 

• Like (+1) 1

MICHAEL BARONE: Collusion, Anyone?

As the likelihood of the charges of Trump campaign “collusion” with Russia seems headed toward zero, the likelihood of proof of a different form of “collusion” seems headed upward toward certainty.

The Russia collusion charge had some initial credibility because of businessman Trump’s dealings in Russia and candidate Trump’s off-putting praise of Russian President Vladimir Putin. It was fueled by breathless media coverage of such trivial events as Jeff Sessions’ exchange of pleasantries with the Russian ambassador at a Washington reception.

And, of course, by the appointment of former FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel. But Mueller’s prosecutions of Trump campaign operatives were for misdeeds long before the campaign, and his indictment of 13 Russians specified that no American was a “knowing participant” in their work.

Now, there’s talk that Mueller is winding up his investigation. Whenever he finishes, it seems unlikely his work will fulfill the daydreams so many liberals have of making Trump go the way of Richard Nixon.

Meanwhile, the evidence builds of collusion by the Obama administration’s law enforcement and intelligence personnel in trying to elect Hillary Clinton and defeat and delegitimize Donald Trump in and after the 2016 presidential election.

The investigation of Hillary Clinton’s illegal email system was conducted with kid gloves. One glaring example of impropriety came when FBI Director James Comey was given (and accepted) Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s order to call it a “matter” rather than an “investigation.” Clinton aides were allowed to keep her emails and destroy 30,000 of them, plus cellphones. They were not subject to grand jury subpoenas, and a potential co-defendant was allowed to claim attorney-client privilege.

On June 27, 2016, Lynch clandestinely met with Bill Clinton on his plane at the Phoenix airport — a meeting that became known only thanks to an alert local TV reporter. Lynch supposedly left the decision on prosecution to Comey, who on July 5 announced publicly that Clinton was “extremely careless” but lacked intent to violate the law, even though the statute punishes violations intentional or not.

Contrast that with the collusion of Obama officials with the Clinton campaign-financed Christopher Steele/Fusion GPS memorandum alleging Trump ties with Russians. Comey and the Justice Department used it, without divulging who paid for it, to get a FISA warrant to surveil former Trump campaign operative Carter Page’s future and past communications — the “wiretap” Trump was derided for mentioning.

Similarly, when Comey informed Trump in January 2017 of the contents of the then-unpublished Steele memorandum, he didn’t reveal that the Clinton campaign paid for it. Asked on his book tour why not, he blandly said he didn’t know.

Well, we know.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

MICHAEL BARONE: Collusion, Anyone?

As the likelihood of the charges of Trump campaign “collusion” with Russia seems headed toward zero, the likelihood of proof of a different form of “collusion” seems headed upward toward certainty.

The Russia collusion charge had some initial credibility because of businessman Trump’s dealings in Russia and candidate Trump’s off-putting praise of Russian President Vladimir Putin. It was fueled by breathless media coverage of such trivial events as Jeff Sessions’ exchange of pleasantries with the Russian ambassador at a Washington reception.

And, of course, by the appointment of former FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel. But Mueller’s prosecutions of Trump campaign operatives were for misdeeds long before the campaign, and his indictment of 13 Russians specified that no American was a “knowing participant” in their work.

Now, there’s talk that Mueller is winding up his investigation. Whenever he finishes, it seems unlikely his work will fulfill the daydreams so many liberals have of making Trump go the way of Richard Nixon.

Meanwhile, the evidence builds of collusion by the Obama administration’s law enforcement and intelligence personnel in trying to elect Hillary Clinton and defeat and delegitimize Donald Trump in and after the 2016 presidential election.

The investigation of Hillary Clinton’s illegal email system was conducted with kid gloves. One glaring example of impropriety came when FBI Director James Comey was given (and accepted) Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s order to call it a “matter” rather than an “investigation.” Clinton aides were allowed to keep her emails and destroy 30,000 of them, plus cellphones. They were not subject to grand jury subpoenas, and a potential co-defendant was allowed to claim attorney-client privilege.

On June 27, 2016, Lynch clandestinely met with Bill Clinton on his plane at the Phoenix airport — a meeting that became known only thanks to an alert local TV reporter. Lynch supposedly left the decision on prosecution to Comey, who on July 5 announced publicly that Clinton was “extremely careless” but lacked intent to violate the law, even though the statute punishes violations intentional or not.

Contrast that with the collusion of Obama officials with the Clinton campaign-financed Christopher Steele/Fusion GPS memorandum alleging Trump ties with Russians. Comey and the Justice Department used it, without divulging who paid for it, to get a FISA warrant to surveil former Trump campaign operative Carter Page’s future and past communications — the “wiretap” Trump was derided for mentioning.

Similarly, when Comey informed Trump in January 2017 of the contents of the then-unpublished Steele memorandum, he didn’t reveal that the Clinton campaign paid for it. Asked on his book tour why not, he blandly said he didn’t know.

Well, we know.

Trump is a lot a things............ WHICH WE KNEW and people still elected him President...................

but from the moment this started, anyone without bias knows that Trump doesn't have a freaking thing to do with colluding with Russians.

This is the most laughable story in the history of the US Presidency. 

I buy that Trump loves women well beyond his marriage. I buy that Trump has some shady real estate deals in his past. But the Russian thing is pure comedy.

30 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Trump is a lot a things............ WHICH WE KNEW and people still elected him President...................

but from the moment this started, anyone without bias knows that Trump doesn't have a freaking thing to do with colluding with Russians.

This is the most laughable story in the history of the US Presidency. 

I buy that Trump loves women well beyond his marriage. I buy that Trump has some shady real estate deals in his past. But the Russian thing is pure comedy.

He asked Russia to release 30,000 Hillary emails in a speech. :D

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

He asked Russia to release 30,000 Hillary emails in a speech. :D

And his team met with Russian government officials in Trump towers---and then put out a statement lying about it 

A whole bunch of his campaign team lied about meeting with Russians (Sessions had to recuse himself for that reason) 

He lied over and over again about his connections with the Russians 

Some lied to the FBI about it 

Some went to Russia during the campaign 

Trump fired the FBI director because of that "Russia thing" 

Kushner trying to set up a back channel with Kremlin

Trump not wanting to anger the murderer Putin. 

Nothing to see here! 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Those tales of collusion which are still not backed by facts have gotten moldy and stale to most thinking folk. 

In Hannity world, I'm sure they are all gone. But they are still true in the real world. You are a total joke 

Funny, I've yet to hear you lament the numerous administration officials ties to Russian intelligence... like Brennan for example, who lied about going to Moscow in '16. Or the campaign  payments through PC to Russian intelligence sources for their contributions to the dossier. 

Those seem like outright acts of collusion - per your definition - yet you are silent about them. 

Wonder why that is... 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Funny, I've yet to hear you lament the numerous administration officials ties to Russian intelligence... like Brennan for example, who lied about going to Moscow in '16. Or the campaign  payments through PC to Russian intelligence sources for their contributions to the dossier. 

Those seem like outright acts of collusion - per your definition - yet you are silent about them. 

Wonder why that is... 

Great, now instead of refuting what is obviously true--my facts--you just vomit out digested sewage from your tummy and claim it matters. Well, it doesn't. 

It doesn't matter that the #2 in the FBI is a possible Russian double agent? Or that the DCI was on the payroll of the Pakistanis and secretly met with the FSB just two months before the first memo of the Steele dossier was written? It doesn't matter than Fusion GPS, through PC and the DNC, was paying Russian intelligence officers for intel without sourcing or verifying it?  

You seem to have a very clear dividing line on what Russian collusion you have a problem with. Seems to me that your dividing line is strictly about political party rather than country. 

Who's shocked? 

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In Hannity world, I'm sure they are all gone. But they are still true in the real world. You are a total joke 

My take on Trump/Russia collusion is if it did happen, Trump is good at it.very good. Maybe one of the best colluders in the history of colluding.  After almost a year of intense prosecutorial scrutiny, they haven't been able to prove anything.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

My take on Trump/Russia collusion is if it did happsn, Trump is good at it.very good. Maybe one of the best colliders in the history of colluding.  After almost a year of intense prosecutorial scrutiny, they haven't been able to prove anything.

:beer: 

I'll say this again, because I feel like I have to repeat this every once in awhile: I remain open to any and all evidence of collusion between 45, his people, and Russia. If it happened, it's a serious problem. 

Just like it's a serious problem if it happened on the other side of the aisle. 

There's just far more evidence, that I can see, of the latter than the former thus far. I go where the evidence leads me.

45 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

My take on Trump/Russia collusion is if it did happen, Trump is good at it.very good. Maybe one of the best colluders in the history of colluding.  After almost a year of intense prosecutorial scrutiny, they haven't been able to prove anything.

What?? Just yesterday you were saying wait for the report. Now it's they have found nothing. 

And the meeting at Trump Tower was collusion, pure and simple 

okay so now it's suddenly evil for the President Elect to hold transition talks.....

and then they had access to wikileaks documents the day AFTER it was released to the public.

good investigating there...

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What?? Just yesterday you were saying wait for the report. Now it's they have found nothing. 

And the meeting at Trump Tower was collusion, pure and simple 

Yeah, I'm waiting on the final report to say for sure. But so far it looks like a goose egg. If Trump is The blithering idiot he is often portrayed as, it should be easy to find/prove right?

The Trump Tower thing sounds like nothing to me honestly. What law was broken?

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah, I'm waiting on the final report to say for sure. But so far it looks like a goose egg. If Trump is The blithering idiot he is often portrayed as, it should be easy to find/prove right?

Fair enough.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

None.

Sheep like the Tibster bleat "collusion"...............because frankly they are not smart enough to recognize that that particular narrative fell apart a year ago.

26 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Gatorman has been pushing the "collusion = talking to people regardless what was discussed" angle for ever.  

It's basically the worst expression of identity politics: if you associate with people of the wrong identity, you take on that identity yourself.

15 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I suppose the "he's just stupid" defense will be the fall back position. DC Tom jumps back and forth on that one. 

What laws were broken? First off, "Collusion" in itself is not a crime, but it happened and its a lie he is telling when he said it did not happen. So whenever he says "No Collusion," he is lying. So why is he lying is the next question. 

Secondly, we don't know what happened there in the meeting, no one is really being truthful about it. Trump already lied about it so we will have to wait and see what crimes were broken. If stolen emails were given to the Trump campaign that would be a crime. If that's the reason Trump has been so pro-Putin (he has an invite  to WH on his table) and it influenced Trump's decisions as president it could go all the way up to treason. So we will have to wait on Mueller. 

We will also have to wait and see why he was protecting Flynn after FBI said he was a threat to be compromised. We will see. 

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I suppose the "he's just stupid" defense will be the fall back position. DC Tom jumps back and forth on that one. 

What laws were broken? First off, "Collusion" in itself is not a crime, but it happened and its a lie he is telling when he said it did not happen. So whenever he says "No Collusion," he is lying. So why is he lying is the next question. 

Secondly, we don't know what happened there in the meeting, no one is really being truthful about it. Trump already lied about it so we will have to wait and see what crimes were broken. If stolen emails were given to the Trump campaign that would be a crime. If that's the reason Trump has been so pro-Putin (he has an invite  to WH on his table) and it influenced Trump's decisions as president it could go all the way up to treason. So we will have to wait on Mueller. 

We will also have to wait and see why he was protecting Flynn after FBI said he was a threat to be compromised. We will see. 

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Michael Flynn was a threat to the deep state and that is why they went after him so hard.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Except you really don't know what they have on him. The Mueller investigation is keeping quiet. Most conclusions being drawn, are from Trumps' reactions...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buftex said:

Except you really don't know what they have on him. The Mueller investigation is keeping quiet. Most conclusions being drawn, are from Trumps' reactions...

Quiet? They've leaked a ton. 

And if you're drawing conclusions based on Trump's reactions, you're playing into his hands.

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

According to DR Trump can say no wrongs. Every one of his tweets is coded and can't be taken at face value.

2 minutes ago, garybusey said:

According to DR Trump can say no wrongs. Every one of his tweets is coded and can't be taken at face value.

That's not what I've ever said. He can do plenty wrong. 

All I've said is that his tweets have a greater purpose than most understand. It's a way for him to directly communicate with his base - and the media playing it off as unhinged or lunacy only draws more eyeballs to his direct communications. That's by design, not accident. 

And if that's by design, then it's possible 45 is playing a higher level game than most TDSers give him credit for.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All I've said is that his tweets have a greater purpose than most understand. It's a way for him to directly communicate with his base - and the media playing it off as unhinged or lunacy only draws more eyeballs to his direct communications. That's by design, not accident. 

And if that's by design, then it's possible 45 is playing a higher level game than most TDSers give him credit for.

Trump knows that people get about 90% of their news off Twitter feeds, and about 100% of their "cultural" value by a three second look at something online

Trump has had to stay in the public eye with business dealings, and he hires the best and has his minions advise on what is going on.

Hillary's staff could not figure out what a firewall was, or how to handle confidential emails

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In my opinion a president Tweeting tantrums and straight up threatening to jail citizens who are not under a known investigation is not playing a higher level game. He's trying to get attention take attention off all the crap he's in by running his mouth and lying (yes - he lies - a lot). It's the same strategy children go to when in trouble. Are toddlers playing a higher level game? Of course not - they're trying to pass the buck. Trump's base eats it up. They feast on unhinged and lunacy and, of course, the media reports on it, as they should. He's the president.

Edited by garybusey
  • Like (+1) 1