Trump and Russia

1) That wasn't my statement.

2) Cutting and pasting is just one more thing you suck at.

3) There's nothing to explain, except why you can't demand honesty from the President of the United States...

4) Your posts are just proof that someone shook you REALLY hard as a baby. :lol: ...

That was EXACTLY your statement. :lol:

Not 100% accurate.

What of Trump demanding to get his hands on Nov's Voter Registrations?

Why is it so important at this time? He won. Does it matter here and now? The administration has got 3 1/2 years to get a working plan in place to prevent future "voter fraud".

I'll try to not troll as long as I can have a rational discussion.

The blame game going on is ridiculous (on both sides)

The administration needs data to base the planning on. The biggest problem with the whole "voter fraud" issue is the paucity of real data showing how big or small the issue actually is.

Credit the administration for being smart enough to recognise that need, even while you rightfully criticize their stupidity in addressing it.

Glad there was some sanity from even Republicans in not complying with Trump admin with the voter info. Obvious attempt at no good, imo. No reason at all information like that should be shared with a gang that is very untrustworthy to say the least.

That was EXACTLY your statement. :lol:

The administration needs data to base the planning on. The biggest problem with the whole "voter fraud" issue is the paucity of real data showing how big or small the issue actually is.

Credit the administration for being smart enough to recognise that need, even while you rightfully criticize their stupidity in addressing it.

People will attempt to commit fraud no matter what. We have seen it for as long as I can remember and well before that. Yes, it needs to be fixed, and so does every other attempt to sway elections including (imo) gerrymandering and voter limitations. ire Polling place accessibility.

What is his real motivation though?

It it because he wants the system fixed, or to stroke his ego s he can say he won the popular vote?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

It it because he wants the system fixed, or to stroke his ego s he can say he won the popular vote?

Now you're just looking for something else to B word* about.

If we reduce voter fraud in this country, who gives a crap what is motivation is.

Oh, wait. I know who gives a crap. Everyone who thinks Hillary should be president right now but can't wrap their mind around the fact that America soundly rejected the money-laundering fraud.

*Holy crap. Can you now not type the worth b-i-t-c-h here? How will baskin log in?

Edited by LABillzFan

People will attempt to commit fraud no matter what. We have seen it for as long as I can remember and well before that. Yes, it needs to be fixed, and so does every other attempt to sway elections including (imo) gerrymandering and voter limitations. ire Polling place accessibility.

What is his real motivation though?

I doubt it's ego-driven, simply because that's not how the government works. Things like this, the president writes a one-page memo that someone else uses as authority to start a program for someone else to execute. Trump was at least two degrees removed from the data request.

I'm just glad the states pushed back because...checks and balances. The federal government has no right to the data.

If we reduce voter fraud in this country, who gives a crap what is motivation is.

Oh, wait. I know who gives a crap. Everyone who thinks Hillary should be president right now but can't wrap their mind around the fact that America soundly rejected the money-laundering fraud.

*Holy crap. Can you now not type the worth b-i-t-c-h here? How will baskin log in?

I have no problem with it because I could care less. However, I guarantee if Obama set up an election commission to investigate voter fraud by asking the state's to release voters addresses, date of birth, party affiliation, social security #'s, etc.. the right would be outraged calling it federal overreach, an infringement on one's privacy, and undermining state's rights.

It's somewhat amusing to me to see a party who places such a high emphasis on a limited federal government and state's rights defend this stupid commission because Trump can't take the fact he didn't win the popular vote.

This has been disputed and explained to you more than once. You are wrong and continue to spread this lie. What can people think other than that you are a partisan, disingenuous, lying prick?

There wasn't full disclosure from day one... Not from Flynn, Not From Sessions, not from Trump Junior... Period. Why are you even arguing that?

The far-right's troll army brought up Obamacare... Benghazi... Everything that had nothing to do with the thread title :lol:

It's somewhat amusing to me to see a party who places such a high emphasis on a limited federal government and state's rights defend this stupid commission because Trump can't take the fact he didn't win the popular vote.

Forgive the overused cliche, but the parties are two sides of the same coin. It's no different watching the left acting so incredulous that the right is trying to pass a health care law without first reading the bill.

I doubt it's ego-driven, simply because that's not how the government works. Things like this, the president writes a one-page memo that someone else uses as authority to start a program for someone else to execute. Trump was at least two degrees removed from the data request.

I'm just glad the states pushed back because...checks and balances. The federal government has no right to the data.

Amen to that.

Seriously... who are you trying to fool? Me or you?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

If that's how you feel, how do you sleep knowing you live in a country that did far worse to friends and foes alike in hundreds of elections over the years? Or do you just ignore that contradiction because it doesn't matter what America does to others, only what others do to America?

Join the ranks of DC Tom, and other mofos who can't read...

I plainly acknowledged here...

For Decades the U.S.meddled in the political affairs of other countries... Toppling and elevating regimes at our leisure... It's a dose of our own Medicine.

Edited by #34fan

I plainly acknowledged here...

But if that's truly what you believe, then why are you so outraged? You should realize this is the norm, not the exception. Which means you're being disingenuous with your position on this matter.

But did we conspire to meddle in their sacred institutions?

He doesn't answer questions, he runs from them.

This belongs in a few threads, but especially this one:

With New D.C. Policy Group, Dems Continue to Rehabilitate and Unify With Bush-Era Neocons

ONE OF THE most under-discussed yet consequential changes in the American political landscape is the reunion between the Democratic Party and the country’s most extreme and discredited neocons. While the rise of Donald Trump, whom neocons loathe, has accelerated this realignment, it began long before the ascension of Trump and is driven by far more common beliefs than contempt for the current president.

SNIP

In sum — just as was true of the first Cold War, when neocons made their home among the Cold Warriors of the Democratic Party — on the key foreign policy controversies, there is now little to no daylight between leading Democratic Party foreign policy gurus and the Bush-era neocons who had wallowed in disgrace following the debacle of Iraq and the broader abuses of the war on terror. That’s why they are able so comfortably to unify this way in support of common foreign policy objectives and beliefs.

DEMOCRATS OFTEN JUSTIFY this union as a mere marriage of convenience: a pragmatic, temporary alliance necessitated by the narrow goal of stopping Trump. But for many reasons, that is an obvious pretext, unpersuasive in the extreme. This Democrat/neocon reunion had been developing long before anyone believed Donald Trump could ascend to power, and this alliance extends to common perspectives, goals, and policies that have little to do with the current president.

It is true that neocons were among the earliest and most vocal GOP opponents of Trump. That was because they viewed him as an ideological threat to their orthodoxies (such as when he advocated for U.S. “neutrality” on the Israel/Palestine conflict and railed against the wisdom of the wars in Iraq and Libya), but they were also worried that his uncouth, offensive personality would embarrass the U.S. and thus weaken the “soft power” needed for imperial hegemony. Even if Trump could be brought into line on neocon orthodoxy — as has largely happened — his ineptitude and instability posed a threat to their agenda.

But Democrats and neocons share far more than revulsion toward Trump; particularly once Hillary Clinton became the party’s standard-bearer, they share the same fundamental beliefs about the U.S. role in the world and how to assert U.S. power. In other words, this alliance is explained by far more than antipathy to Trump.

SNIP

One finds evidence of this alliance long before the emergence of Trump. Victoria Nuland, for instance, served as one of Dick Cheney’s top foreign policy advisers during the Bush years. Married to one of the most influential neocons, Robert Kagan, Nuland then seamlessly shifted into the Obama State Department and then became a top foreign policy adviser to the Clinton campaign.

As anti-war sentiment grew among some GOP precincts — as evidenced by the success of the Ron Paul candidacies of 2008 and 2012, and then Trump’s early posturing as an opponent of U.S. interventions — neocons started to conclude that their agenda, which never changed, would be better advanced by realignment back into the Democratic Party.

SNIP

Even through the 2016 election, McCain and Rubio repeatedly attackedObama for failing to take Russian hacking seriously enough and for failing to retaliate. And for years before that, Russia was a primary obsession for neocons, from the time it went to war with Georgia (at the time headed by a neocon-loved president) and even prior to that.

Thus, when it came time for Democrats to elevate Putin and Russia into a major theme of the 2016 campaign, and now that their hawkishness toward Moscow is their go-to weapon for attacking Trump, neocons have become their natural ideological allies.

The song Democrats are now singing about Russia and Putin is one the neocons wrote many years ago, and all of the accompanying rhetorical tactics — accusing those who seek better relations with Moscow of being Putin’s stooges, unpatriotic, of suspect loyalties, etc. — are the ones that have defined the neocons smear campaigns for decades.