Trump and Russia

In hindsight Trump asking Putin if the meddled in the election is pretty funny. They both know they were.

Yeah, people like me and Charles Krauthammer, apparently.

It doesn't matter what the Russians wanted; it's what Don Jr., Manafort, and Kushner wanted. Jr.'s emails clearly indicate what they wanted. And while we don't know all the facts yet (there are more to come, I'm sure), there is legal opinion out there that says his emails may constitute solicitation of a foreign national for favors, which is illegal.

Russia played these idiots like a fiddle. Much like with Flynn, when caught lying about something the Kremlin knows to be true, they are compromised.

Keep going down the Trump/Russia collusion rabbit hole and let's see how it works out for you. Consider these arguments first before going full retard.

-People that voted for Trump who usually vote Democrat or stay at home know that Russia had nothing to do with their personal vote and don't appreciate being called blind followers or racists. Trying to say it's not your fault you were duped into voting for Trump because of Russia is an insult to them, untrue, and not a winning message.

-The continuous obsession with Russia by the media is tiring and any real collusion evidence won't get as strong of a reaction because the chicken has cried wolf too many times.

-Let's say Trump does resign or is impeached, now what? You get Mike Pence who will be even worse than Trump as far as his policies go. You've wasted months of not selling to people how your policies will help them more than the current administration does.

There wasn't full disclosure from day one... Not from Flynn, Not From Sessions, not from Trump Junior... Period. Why are you even arguing that?

The far-right's troll army brought up Obamacare... Benghazi... Everything that had nothing to do with the thread title :lol:

But this isn't what I was responding too though. See the conversation below. You were repeating the lie about Trump asking the Russians to hack Hillary when he was ridiculing her for the 30,000 deleted emails.

#34fan, on 16 Jul 2017 - 9:46 PM, said:snapback.png

No, but it's the first time I've ever heard of a U.S. presidential candidate publicly requesting that they do so...

The crux of your idiocy Tom, is that you can't read basic F#*$ing English...

Again, Team Trump... Come clean with all the details... Stop saying you didn't meet with certain people when you DID, in fact, meet with those people. Tell the truth.... How hard is that?

This has been disputed and explained to you more than once. You are wrong and continue to spread this lie. What can people think other than that you are a partisan, disingenuous, lying prick?

Keep going down the Trump/Russia collusion rabbit hole and let's see how it works out for you. Consider these arguments first before going full retard.

-People that voted for Trump who usually vote Democrat or stay at home know that Russia had nothing to do with their personal vote and don't appreciate being called blind followers or racists. Trying to say it's not your fault you were duped into voting for Trump because of Russia is an insult to them, untrue, and not a winning message.

-The continuous obsession with Russia by the media is tiring and any real collusion evidence won't get as strong of a reaction because the chicken has cried wolf too many times.

-Let's say Trump does resign or is impeached, now what? You get Mike Pence who will be even worse than Trump as far as his policies go. You've wasted months of not selling to people how your policies will help them more than the current administration does.

I'd add this to your list as well, and to me it's the most important:

- This obsession with collusion and Russia by the DNC is going to end up justifying military intervention, meaning the continuation of perma-war. Arguably one of the few points that the centrist democrats and progressive left have agreed on over the last 16 years is a need to end this cycle of endless war. Now because of this narrative, which has been pushed on us (through neocon think tanks and advisers) long before Trump was the common enemy, the progressive wing of the party is boxing itself into a position it argued against for decades.

But this isn't what I was responding too though. See the conversation below. You were repeating the lie about Trump asking the Russians to hack Hillary when he was ridiculing her for the 30,000 deleted emails.

#34fan, on 16 Jul 2017 - 9:46 PM, said:snapback.png

This has been disputed and explained to you more than once. You are wrong and continue to spread this lie. What can people think other than that you are a partisan, disingenuous, lying prick?

I think he may actually be too stupid to be partisan.

If he is compromised, he just has to go. Forget the politics, that's not good. All Americans that love our country should want to know what the f is going on. If in the search of the truth the Dems take a hit, so be it

I'd add this to your list as well, and to me it's the most important:

- This obsession with collusion and Russia by the DNC is going to end up justifying military intervention, meaning the continuation of perma-war. Arguably one of the few points that the centrist democrats and progressive left have agreed on over the last 16 years is a need to end this cycle of endless war. Now because of this narrative, which has been pushed on us (through neocon think tanks and advisers) long before Trump was the common enemy, the progressive wing of the party is boxing itself into a position it argued against for decades.

We are seeing today the worst instance of appeasement since Munich. Putin is a criminal, who shoots down passenger jets, steals billions from businesses, kills his own citizens, invades his neighbors and Trump wants to work with him like Chamberlain did with Hitler. We know appeasement leads to war, not peace.

If he is compromised, he just has to go. Forget the politics, that's not good. All Americans that love our country should want to know what the f is going on. If in the search of the truth the Dems take a hit, so be it

The only reason Russia is being brought up right now is because the Democrats are hoping it will stifle the Republicans agenda and they can't stand the fact that Trump won. If I'm wrong and Trump did collude with the Russians then you'll get a full apology.

The only reason Russia is being brought up right now is because the Democrats are hoping it will stifle the Republicans agenda and they can't stand the fact that Trump won. If I'm wrong and Trump did collude with the Russians then you'll get a full apology.

Hey, fair enough man!

We are seeing today the worst instance of appeasement since Munich. Putin is a criminal, who shoots down passenger jets, steals billions from businesses, kills his own citizens, invades his neighbors and Trump wants to work with him like Chamberlain did with Hitler. We know appeasement leads to war, not peace.

"The '80s called, they want their foreign policy back."

Seriously, what changed between then (2012) and now?

"The '80s called, they want their foreign policy back."

Seriously, what changed between then (2012) and now?

A lot. Most every politician has gone along with tougher sanctions against Russia and help for Ukraine, all except who? And the sanctions are a big deal. Trump is talking about better relations and boys will be boys sort of stuff. Our alliance with Europe is probably still strong, but for first time is being questioned openly. As soon as Trump won the nomination, the GOP platform weakened its stance to Russia. He tried to give Russia there compounds back and was talking of sanctions relief which are a no go with almost everyone. This doesn't look like standing up to a thug

No, you window licker. The appeasement happened when Putin annexed Crimea Edited by joesixpack

That's what Trump supporters are saying about this situation.

I held my nose and voted for Hillary because she was more in line with my views of economic, education, and healthcare policies. Definitely not her foreign agenda. In my defense though, I didn't realize how many moderates their were in the Senate as I thought they'd do a straight repeal of the ACA and screw a couple of people close to me.

Collusion is gonna be the least of it before the dust settles. Regardless, Don Jr is in hot water and it isn't just bitter dems that agree with that. That's why I linked the Krauthammer column in the first place. When staunch conservatives go there, it's just not a good sign

I don't disrespect anyone who voted for Trump; that's not for me to judge. The dems should have trotted out a more compelling candidate. That's on them. But Trump and Co. keep that narrative alive more than anyone. I suspect it has to do with their insecurity about the popular vote among other reasons.

I agree about Pence. The presidency is no place for a fundamentalist.

The left has become the party of war. On foreign policy they've done a complete 180 from the last 16 years (and from a principle standpoint, from the last few decades) in just a matter of months. That's quite a feat.

Of course, instead of picking a fight with a (relatively) weak adversary like Iran - they're trying to engineer one with the world's largest nuclear arsenal. The lack of foresight is amazing to witness.

No, you window licker. The appeasement happened when Putin annexed Crimea

Obama did take action which Trump is trying to undo, the sanctions. Heck, other Republicans are still doing more and Trump is resisting but sure, blame Obama when Trump is the one appeasing Putin

The left has become the party of war. On foreign policy they've done a complete 180 from the last 16 years (and from a principle standpoint, from the last few decades) in just a matter of months. That's quite a feat.

Of course, instead of picking a fight with a (relatively) weak adversary like Iran - they're trying to engineer one with the world's largest nuclear arsenal. The lack of foresight is amazing to witness.

John McCain apparently was trying to help them as well. I really don't know where we'd be as a country right now if he beat Obama in '08. Notice how the only significant thing Trump's done so far that was praised from "intellectuals" on both sides and the msm was dropping tomahawk missiles on Syria's air strip.

Collusion is gonna be the least of it before the dust settles. Regardless, Don Jr is in hot water and it isn't just bitter dems that agree with that. That's why I linked the Krauthammer column in the first place. When staunch conservatives go there, it's just not a good sign

I don't disrespect anyone who voted for Trump; that's not for me to judge. The dems should have trotted out a more compelling candidate. That's on them. But Trump and Co. keep that narrative alive more than anyone. I suspect it has to do with their insecurity about the popular vote among other reasons.

I agree about Pence. The presidency is no place for a fundamentalist.

Yeah. I saw that, but he is another intellectual conservative that really doesn't grasp how strong of a bond Trump has with his supporters. I would bet he would love to see Trump get impeached to get the establishment Pence in office. I still need more evidence than Trump's dip$hit son agreeing to see some Russian meeting via e-mail for dirt on Hillary. I've said before that the Trump administration has been comically horrible at dodging the darts the media keeps throwing at them.

Edited by Doc Brown

But did we conspire to meddle in their sacred institutions?

You should be committed to one of their sacred institutions.. :lol:

But if that's truly what you believe, then why are you so outraged? You should realize this is the norm, not the exception. Which means you're being disingenuous with your position on this matter.

Deranged.... The man ASKED... He said "I LOVE WIKILEAKS" He requested a Russia-led hack live on National TV... Do you dispute that?

Everyone knows the Russians are douchebags... They hack us plenty without an open invitation from POTUS... The only solution is to stop hiding and disclose....

Edited by #34fan

Deranged.... The man ASKED... He said "I LOVE WIKILEAKS" He requested a Russia-led hack live on National TV... Do you dispute that?

Everyone knows the Russians are douchebags... They hack us plenty without an open invitation from POTUS... The only solution is to stop hiding and disclose....

... That's where your outrage lies? An obvious - if in extremely poor taste - joke? Every other word that tumbles out of his mouth is a disaster but those three words crossed the line in your mind to the point of abandoning your principles (which, I'm assuming aren't hawkish - but I could be wrong, if so apologies)?

Isn't that a touch absurd?