NFL Combine List: Chad Kelly Not Invited

26CornerBlitz

@nfldraftscout

I'm told by NFL team sources that Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly was not invited to the NFL combine based on off-field issues.

NFL Combine invite list position breakdown

The NFL has released their NFL Combine player invite list. Here’s a breakdown of the 325 pro prospects by position.

Wide receiver typically heads the list in terms of number and that was no different this year with 58 wideouts on the invite list for Indianapolis. Probably the biggest drop in numbers from last year is on the defensive line. Last year there were 59 defensive linemen invited. This year it’s just 48.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Combine invite list position breakdown

The NFL has released their NFL Combine player invite list. Here’s a breakdown of the 325 pro prospects by position.

Wide receiver typically heads the list in terms of number and that was no different this year with 58 wideouts on the invite list for Indianapolis. Probably the biggest drop in numbers from last year is on the defensive line. Last year there were 59 defensive linemen invited. This year it’s just 48.

Welp solidifies my UDFA opinion of him

There were numerous threads saying we should draft him in the first round when the season started. I laughed and said this clown won't even get drafted at all and that was before he did bong hits in a cast and tried to fight high school kids. Then again I remember reading threads about how we should draft Joe Licata not too long ago so people on here are just completely dilusional

It's definitely off-field related. The guy acts like an entitled d-bag, but let's face facts. Against Alabama in 2015 he threw for 341 yds and 3 TDs. In 2016 vs 'Bama he threw for 421 yds and 3 TDs (no INTs in either game).

No matter what anyone thinks of this guy, he's going to play in the NFL and has a legit chance to be very good.

Welp solidifies my UDFA opinion of him

Yeah its going to be hard for him to get drafted without the combine. I still wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bills take him with one of their last picks if he is on the board, or maybe even as early as one of their 5th round picks as a project to compete with Cardale...assuming we kept TT and didn't go QB early in the draft. Obviously, if we let TT go we will have gone QB in first or 2nd and seriously doubt they would draft Kelly at that point.

It's definitely off-field related. The guy acts like an entitled d-bag, but let's face facts. Against Alabama in 2015 he threw for 341 yds and 3 TDs. In 2016 vs 'Bama he threw for 421 yds and 3 TDs (no INTs in either game).

No matter what anyone thinks of this guy, he's going to play in the NFL and has a legit chance to be very good.

Know who else did good against Alabama? Johnny dbag Football, who can't even make a CFL roster at this point

For anyone who thought he had actually matured the running onto the field at St.Joes's episode really hurt. That was the final straw that broke the camels back imo.

Yeah gotta agree with you on that. It was an EXTREMELY bad look.

Edited by Big Homie

There were numerous threads saying we should draft him in the first round when the season started. I laughed and said this clown won't even get drafted at all and that was before he did bong hits in a cast and tried to fight high school kids. Then again I remember reading threads about how we should draft Joe Licata not too long ago so people on here are just completely dilusional

Talent wise I had him as a mid round pick 3-5 earlier in the season and all downhill from there.

All i want to know is what round would we be okay grabbing him. Let's say first round we get a WR, 2nd S, where do we get him?

I wouldn't even hire him to clean the toilets at the stadium and you want him to lead your football team? He will go undrafted and be lucky to make a practice squad assuming he doesn't do anything else stupid

And all the "draft Chad Kelly" people on this board just got hit with a smack of reality . . .

again.. jamies winston GOT invited.. so who gives a sh-t what the powers that be of the combine think ...dont understand all the chad kelly hate on here.. i get it he probably needs to grow up.. but for crissakes. he isnt alone

Edited by dwight in philly

again.. jamies winston GOT invited.. so who gives a sh-t what the powers that be of the combine think ...dont understand all the chad kelly hate on here.. i get it he probably needs to grow up.. but for crissakes. he isnt alone

Its ok Kevin, someone will take Chad 6th or 7th round

For anyone who thought he had actually matured the running onto the field at St.Joes's episode really hurt. That was the final straw that broke the camels back imo.

That is certainly hard to get over. Wonder if he'd been drinking. If he had, that helps explain the extreme stupidity, but raises another red flag. I honestly wish him the best, but that's a lose/lose.