Coach McDermott is very quiet

YoloinOhio

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's busy planning for the season. He don't have time for jumping out of planes, painting his truck, and eating doggie snacks.

Rex and Trump could be great friends

Shhhhhhhh!

Don't say that too loud. He might find or create a cabinet spot for him in Washington :cry:

I loved rex's personality, his optimism and his interviews.

His attention to detail was sub par, but he loved his players and they loved him.

Personally I dislike the quiet type head coaches like Bowles, Belicheat and who can forget our own skeletor Jauron. I think enthusiasm and optimism, combined with an outgoing personality is a great thing for any leader or manager.

I think enthusiasm and optimism, combined with an outgoing personality is a great thing for any leader or manager.

Eh, I've seen plenty of introverted leaders/managers that do very well and also plenty of extroverted managers that are all back-slapping and glad-handing and have zero brains behind any of it. The key either way is a good head on your shoulders and knowing how to motivate people.

Edited by jimmy10

Eh, I've seen plenty of introverted leaders/managers that do very well and also plenty of extroverted managers that are all back-slapping and glad-handing and have zero brains behind any of it. The key either way is a good head on your shoulders and knowing how to motivate people.

Yup, and being genuine. Everybody can spot a poser.

His attention to detail was sub par, but he loved his players and they loved him.

Personally I dislike the quiet type head coaches like Bowles, Belicheat and who can forget our own skeletor Jauron. I think enthusiasm and optimism, combined with an outgoing personality is a great thing for any leader or manager.

Agree about quiet coaches. But McDermott is not a coach whose personality we know yet. We just know that he isn't talking right now, which to me isn't a bad thing. Talk when there's something to discuss. I'm sure we'll hear from him in a few weeks, combine/FA time.

I prefer personality over the Jauron's and Belicheck's of the world, but if they win I will take whatever they are. All about the wins at the end of the day.

we must note players loved jauron, though. Likely more than Rex.

He's busy designing the Bills wrap for his truck.

You know, I never understand these kinds of comments.

Am I the only one who remembers how fired up most people were when Rex rolled out that truck? Or when he pressed to build a bully? Or when he jumped around sidelines after the first time he beat the Jets?

Anyone remember how much fun that was?

No. It seems like whenever someone leaves the team, we need to pick a number to piss on them. Makes no sense.

I just want to remind everyone that Dick Jauron was invisible as well.

While it may be refreshing that McD is not a media whore like his predecessor, none of this means a damn thing.

Jauron did more with less than Rex.

But I agree this stuff is overblown either way. If you win, no cares about your approach. Rex was just so delusional.

I was thinking there has to be an obese idiot McDermott brother out there somewhere, right? I mean, this whole "I'm the anti-Rex" thing can't be 100% true. So I looked, and guess what? He is the anti-Rex! His brother:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/timmcdermott2

Cornell B.A., Harvard M.B.A. Chiseled middle aged bald guy. Sean McDermott probably has an irrational aversion to female feet too.