Coach McDermott is very quiet

YoloinOhio

He's busy talking to his players...seems like every one we hear from says they have gotten multiple calls. I think that's probably more worthwhile than an exclusive with Mike Rodak...

In truth, at the time that was something that bothered me about Rex Ryan. He had plenty of time to film TOPS commercials and talk to the press, but players like Henderson who were recuperating from major medical issues said they never heard from him. If you want to build a relationship with players, you have to sort of well, *relate*

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In truth, at the time that was something that bothered me about Rex Ryan. He had plenty of time to film TOPS commercials and talk to the press, but players like Henderson who were recuperating from major medical issues said they never heard from him. If you want to build a relationship with players, you have to sort of well, *relate*

thats was a notable moment reading about Seantrel. His words and Rex's

McDermott now live on WGR.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on Tyrod Taylor: Doug Whaley and I are going to work on that together. We're going to make a decision together.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on QB: We're going to take our time to make the right decision, based on both a short-term & long-term perspective

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on Doug Whaley: We are absolutely in accord. Doug and I are off to a great start.

McD will be answering fan questions on Facebook Live at 11 est

@buffalobills

Got a question for Sean McDermott? Check in with our head coach when we go live on facebook.com/buffalobills at 11 am! Brought to you by NAPA.

Edited by YoloinOhio

McDermott now live on WGR.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on Tyrod Taylor: Doug Whaley and I are going to work on that together. We're going to make a decision together.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on QB: We're going to take our time to make the right decision, based on both a short-term & long-term perspective

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on Doug Whaley: We are absolutely in accord. Doug and I are off to a great start.

Why do I get the impression that TT is not the first choice for this staff? The lack of any emphatic endorsement at this point is very telling imo. The film work and analysis is done and the coaches have certainly conferred. It seems they are waiting to see what shakes out around the league and what experienced veterans might become available before committing.

Why do I get the impression that TT is not the first choice for this staff? The lack of any emphatic endorsement at this point is very telling imo. The film work and analysis is done and the coaches have certainly conferred. It seems they are waiting to see what shakes out around the league and what experienced veterans might become available before committing.

...and how the draftable crop of QBs look and sound at the combine.

My one takeaway from this interview is that there is a process.

Process appears to be the new obviously

McDermott is a disciple of the process. Let the process unfold. Its a detailed process. Don't question the process. I actually like the fact that the Bills go from chaos to process. Maybe that means 11 men on the field at all times..you know small gains.

Edited by JoeF

@mrjeffhunter

McDermott: Leslie Frazier is going to call the #Bills D in 2017

That's great news. I don't want a head coach calling plays one way or the other. Just be the head coach

It seems pretty clear that they have a plan and a process. Here's hoping it works like Belichick and Saban's plans and processes

I don't know. Wishful thinking?

I'm sure the Bills staff would prefer Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady but they aren't exactly available. Of the QB options that are available, TT is your best.

Our new HC has made quite the career change since his days as lead singer for Midnight Oil.

Speaking of, I just grabbed tickets to see them in Boston! Reunion tour.