Did Anybody Hear Ross Tucker This Morning? ( Re Tyrod/Jones)

Bill from NYC

He told of how he was on the Bills when they dumped Bledsoe and went with Losman. He went on to say that the best players on the team were furious and virtually quit on the team. They knew that there was no chance to win with Losman.

He also said that players such as Incog, Glenn, Wood, and others would do the same if Whaley cuts Tyrod and goes with CJ.

He went on to list several dumb moves by Whaley (letting go of Hogan, drafting EJ Manuel and other stupid moves). He is NOT impressed with Whaley, nor am I.

I guess any time a Bills Fan thinks that it can't get worse with this team, reality smacks us in the face.

I for one hope that we keep Tyrod and fire Whaley, who is a rank amateur and a sub-par joke of a GM. I do however hope that he keeps us posted with fashion tips. He sure knows how to dress (and destroy a football team).

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He told of how he was on the Bills when they dumped Bledsoe and went with Losman. He went on to say that the best players on the team were furious and virtually quit on the team. They knew that there was no chance to win with Losman.

He also said that players such as Incog, Glenn, Wood, and others would do the same if Whaley cuts Tyrod and goes with CJ.

He went on to list several dumb moves by Whaley (letting go of Hogan, drafting EJ Manuel and other stupid moves). He is NOT impressed with Whaley, nor am I.

I guess any time a Bills Fan thinks that it can't get worse with this team, reality smacks us in the face.

I for one hope that we keep Tyrod and fire Whaley, who is a rank amateur and a sub-par joke of a GM. I do however hope that he keeps us posted with fashion tips. He sure knows how to dress (and destroy a football team).

I think you could see Kyle retire if TT goes.

That's a really great point.

But if we cut Tyrod and go with Jones, its a rebuild at that point, because no one thinks CJ gives us the best chance at winning games next season.

I think that if we see TT cut, the message to the team is clear: See whoever is left in 2018. Because we arent in a position to 'win now' without Tyrod (and most feel that we arent even if we keep him, but its our best shot).

The slim hope would be a rookie QB who steps in and kills it. But as you said, most of the Vets will have checked out by that point (and what are the odds Whaley picks him?)

Yeah, Tyrod doesnt need to take a pay cut.

Letting go of Hogan was nothing. I feel like people are overreacting to that simply because he made some good plays with the Pats.

Putting the low tender on him turned out to be a poor decision.........the Bills WR corps was an utter mess this season.......to the point where they had to beg Percy Harvin out of retirement.

Hogan is not exceptional but he is a nice downfield receiver........his skillset meshed well with Taylor's strength as a deep ball thrower.

They missed Hogan this season.....Watkins and Hogan had been the entire deep ball game in 2015 and not having those guys killed his ypa.......dropping from 8 to 6.9.

But I wasn't against passing on matching the Patriots long term contract once the horse had left the barn, so to speak.

Bill - I'm Dan from Tampa on that show and you must have heard my rant. I also added on an e-mail, to him Hogan had. Hurt wrist last year he kept hidden.

I've never been negative on Whaley, but I'm getting there.

Ross and Booger were laughing at me adding to how stupid this decision is for the team. We have to hope McDermitt exemplifies some common sense.

Bill - I'm Dan from Tampa on that show and you must have heard my rant. I also added on an e-mail, to him Hogan had. Hurt wrist last year he kept hidden.

I've never been negative on Whaley, but I'm getting there.

Ross and Booger were laughing at me adding to how stupid this decision is for the team. We have to hope McDermitt exemplifies some common sense.

Nice job Brother! :)

When I saw Ross Tucker in your title I knew what the story was going to be about.

He's been vocal about the Bledsoe canning for a long time.......not the first time he brought it up.

And he's right.......it was a risky move by an arrogant GM.....and though the decision was fairly well received initially because many fans were furious with Bledsoe......it caused a chain reaction that lead to Donahoe's firing and Mularkey quitting and ushering in the true "dark ages" of Bills fandom......Levy/Jauron/Brandon/Nix/Gailey.

I will say this as well........back then.......the Bills were 5 years removed from being a SB contender.........so it was a little easier to sell a "step back" to hopefully go two steps forward.

That is NOT the case here.........turning the culture of losing around is extremely important.

Tanking doesn't guarantee success.......and the best organizations in the NFL......NE, Pitt, GB.....never tanked to get where they are.

I actually like Whaley, but I think Whaley would be making a colossal mistake letting TT go this year. He is going to lose the support of the vets like you said because it will a signal of blowing it up and rebuilding rather than looking to get this team to the next step. This team was one of the top scoring teams in the NFL with TT at the helm and while dealing with critical injuries to our best playmakers on offense. I just can't see how the best direction of this team is abandoning TT for a raw Cardale who didn't show anything close to ready in week 17, or a QB in this marginal QB class at best.

In a speculative note as well...the possibility of being able to trade up next year for a guy like Sam from USC could be in play. I mean looking across the NFL, the odds are someone like Cleveland or SF will probably end up with the first pick next year anyway, those rosters are pretty bad...but both are expected to go after a QB of the future in this draft (Cleveland I think actually fills it with Jimmy G). So trading up to their pick could be feasible (although expensive) and they may not be looking to grab a QB just like how the Rams traded out of their pick to Washington for RG3 because they felt they had their guy of the future already.

Bottom line: If the Bills take a QB in first 2 rounds and have gotten rid of Taylor...i will hate the decision. But, that being said, I will root for the kid hard to succeed and prove the move worthy...unlike others around here who just root for certain players to fail so they can be right about their agenda.

This team doesn't seem like it's been operating under a consistent blueprint under Whaley. Are we pushing for playoffs or are we rebuilding? Each year it seems to be a little of both and each year we end up somewhere in the middle.

If this comes to pass, then it makes all of Whaley's QB choices highly questionable. The only ones that have somewhat worked out are Kyle Orton and Tyrod Taylor and both were clearly Coach recruitments.

Kolb, EJ, Thad, Tuel, Cassel, Cardale — how much can you expect a team to win with a guy like that as your starter?

Yeah, Tyrod doesnt need to take a pay cut.

Letting go of Hogan was nothing. I feel like people are overreacting to that simply because he made some good plays with the Pats.

Yep. Hogan is a decent WR, and playing with Brady can make him look like a superstar, but let's not make too much of that. He's not a future HOFer. As for TT, no way in hell should he take a pay cut. He's the team's best option for winning now. We didn't miss the playoffs because of him, we missed because of the Ryan brothers destroying a championship caliber defense.

It's real easy to point out the bad moves that Whaley did. What about all of the good he has done? Drafting EJ wasn't a bad move at the time. He was the top rated QB we needed one. He didn't work out move on. AT least we didn't give away 3 picks to get him. We actually traded down and got Kiko who gave us Mccoy.

Hell Whaley gave us TT. All the fanboys out there should be in love with Whaley.

Finding a QB isn't easy. Anyone outside of the playoffs and Houston are still looking. In my opinion the only thing that Whaley has done wrong is by not putting his foot in the ground when it came to Rex. Story out there was that he wanted Hugh Jackson. He got overruled. At some point he had to say ok lets get Rex. Sometimes when it comes to a job. The NFL isn't any different you do what your boss says even if you don't agree. Personally i think part of the reason why Whaley wasn't fired was that he was correct on some level about Rex which had to have resonated with Terry P.

And he's right.......it was a risky move by an arrogant GM.....and though the decision was fairly well received initially because many fans were furious with Bledsoe......it caused a chain reaction that lead to Donahoe's firing and Mularkey quitting and ushering in the true "dark ages" of Bills fandom......Levy/Jauron/Brandon/Nix/Gailey.

"True dark ages." Indeed. Watching these men destroy the team was painful, but being at games with you and others at Lot 1/Pole 4 eased the pain. The best part of rooting for the Bills (imo) was always the interaction with other fans.

Btw, I do not for one second rate Whaley above the people you listed above. This team has major holes, isn't in great shape wrt the cap, overpays decent and or/players with major issues, has qb issues, faces a tough schedule, and is low on draft picks.

Only Bills Fans are loyal enough people to support a disgrace such as Whaley.

Jmo.

It's real easy to point out the bad moves that Whaley did. What about all of the good he has done? Drafting EJ wasn't a bad move at the time. He was the top rated QB we needed one. He didn't work out move on. AT least we didn't give away 3 picks to get him. We actually traded down and got Kiko who gave us Mccoy.

Hell Whaley gave us TT. All the fanboys out there should be in love with Whaley.

Finding a QB isn't easy. Anyone outside of the playoffs and Houston are still looking. In my opinion the only thing that Whaley has done wrong is by not putting his foot in the ground when it came to Rex. Story out there was that he wanted Hugh Jackson. He got overruled. At some point he had to say ok lets get Rex. Sometimes when it comes to a job. The NFL isn't any different you do what your boss says even if you don't agree. Personally i think part of the reason why Whaley wasn't fired was that he was correct on some level about Rex which had to have resonated with Terry P.

By most experts he really wasn't, but apparently he was to our guys!

Mayock had him 41st overall, 2nd QB (link)

Walter Football (yeah, I know) had him 85th overall, 6th QB (link)

NFLDraftScout didn't have him in their top 100, which included 7 other QBs (link)

Dan Kadar had him 99th overall, 7th QB (link)

EJ was widely seen as a reach at the time and the only ones who considered him a top rated QB were the Bills. The best option of what was considered a weak QB draft (just like this year!) was supposedly Geno that year who also obviously hasn't worked out, although to be fair, he has looked better than EJ, if only marginally so.

To your point, I don't think EJ was necessarily a terrible pick given their circumstances at the time and drafting down was great. I think what's frustrating is how they doubled-down on EJ the next year by massively over-paying for Sammy Watkins in an effort to solidify and justify their QB.

Regarding Bledsoe, he SUCKED his last year here. The receivers were relegated to running short dig routes because he couldn't hit anything else.

We are not going to the SB with TT and KW is never going to see a SB here and probably not a playoff.

I've watched McDermott here ( Carolina) since he started and I don't hate him but his defenses aren't all that.

This is a rebuilding year and I'd rather see a young QB learn on the fly than Orton or Taylor keep us mediocre.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

This team doesn't seem like it's been operating under a consistent blueprint under Whaley. Are we pushing for playoffs or are we rebuilding? Each year it seems to be a little of both and each year we end up somewhere in the middle.

If this comes to pass, then it makes all of Whaley's QB choices highly questionable. The only ones that have somewhat worked out are Kyle Orton and Tyrod Taylor and both were clearly Coach recruitments.

Kolb, EJ, Thad, Tuel, Cassel, Cardale — how much can you expect a team to win with a guy like that as your starter?

I disagree with this statement...from what I have seen from Whaley he's been aggressively working to compete not rebuild. Evidence is that is how active he has been in the trade markets and who he has targeted. I think this board is the only place that muddies the water and skews perception. This board at times seems to struggle to differentiate the words "building" and "rebuilding". The difference is simple...all teams are always 'Building" their roster to be better than the year before. A "rebuild" is essentially scrapping the plan and tearing it down to build it back up.

What Whaley has been doing is constantly trying to build what was a weak roster overall when he took over into a talented roster than can compete. He's made aggressive moves to get guys like Sammy and McCoy. You don't make those trades in a rebuild. He has cut underperforming vets like Mario to make room to resign our good FA's and worked to always retain our better players and focus on finding value in the FA market. Everything he's done every year has been a clear indicator of building the roster up. He has yet to just throw in the towel and focus on a rebuild.

This offseason will be interesting though. If he cuts TT and goes all in with a rookie or Cardale, then you can say Whaley has decided its time to retool and start rebuilding and going in a different direction. However, if he keeps TT or cuts him because he trades for a guy like Romo, then his focus would still be on building as he would view someone like him as the piece to get us over the top.

I disagree with this statement...from what I have seen from Whaley he's been aggressively working to compete not rebuild. Evidence is that is how active he has been in the trade markets and who he has targeted. I think this board is the only place that muddies the water and skews perception. This board at times seems to struggle to differentiate the words "building" and "rebuilding". The difference is simple...all teams are always 'Building" their roster to be better than the year before. A "rebuild" is essentially scrapping the plan and tearing it down to build it back up.

What Whaley has been doing is constantly trying to build what was a weak roster overall when he took over into a talented roster than can compete. He's made aggressive moves to get guys like Sammy and McCoy. You don't make those trades in a rebuild. He has cut underperforming vets like Mario to make room to resign our good FA's and worked to always retain our better players and focus on finding value in the FA market. Everything he's done every year has been a clear indicator of building the roster up. He has yet to just throw in the towel and focus on a rebuild.

This offseason will be interesting though. If he cuts TT and goes all in with a rookie or Cardale, then you can say Whaley has decided its time to retool and start rebuilding and going in a different direction. However, if he keeps TT or cuts him because he trades for a guy like Romo, then his focus would still be on building as he would view someone like him as the piece to get us over the top.

Fair point and well reasoned. I think that's true. And to that point as well, it's tough to stay on a consistent blueprint when you're changing coaches and schemes every 2 years, which obviously isn't entirely (or even mostly) on Whaley.

I love how Hogan had a big game in the playoffs and it provided two weeks worth of narrative for the Patriot Way. Whaley deserves flak for many things, letting go of a 38 catch WR isn't one of them.

Edited by stony

Some people are just incessant TT fanboys. If we keep him it will be the same story for the next two years. Tyrod being inconsistent. Tyrod not seeing the field. Tyrod not throwing his guys open. Tyrod not working the middle of the field. Tyrod making a few flashy plays with his legs, but never being able to carry a team with his arm when needed. He is a middle of the pack guy. What better option do we have? I don't know, but I have seen enough of Tyrod to know what he is. You can't compare him to Bledsoe because Bledsoe was a legit Franchise QB. That move declaring Losman the starter was stupidity on a whole diffefent level.

I love how Hogan had a big game in the playoffs and it provided two weeks worth of narrative for the Patriot Way. Whaley deserves flak for many things, letting go of a 38 catch WR isn't one of them.

we paid Percy Harding how much?! We signed two street free agents in hunter and Tate, and gave valuable snaps to some guy named Walt Powell... oh, and Goodwin still sucks... our hogan replacement was hurt all year in salas

But yeah, we don't need hogan... and Whaley deserves no blame for 7-9.

Some people are just incessant TT fanboys. If we keep him it will be the same story for the next two years. Tyrod being inconsistent. Tyrod not seeing the field. Tyrod not throwing his guys open. Tyrod not working the middle of the field. Tyrod making a few flashy plays with his legs, but never being able to carry a team with his arm when needed. He is a middle of the pack guy. What better option do we have? I don't know, but I have seen enough of Tyrod to know what he is. You can't compare him to Bledsoe because Bledsoe was a legit Franchise QB. That move declaring Losman the starter was stupidity on a whole diffefent level.

Drew Bledsoe in 2004 was a worse player than Tyrod Taylor of 2016. I'm not sure that can even be debated. Bledsoe played a great 8 games in 2002 but really wasn't a great QB since like 1997.

Drew Bledsoe in 2004 was a worse player than Tyrod Taylor of 2016. I'm not sure that can even be debated. Bledsoe played a great 8 games in 2002 but really wasn't a great QB since like 1997.

Tyrod was what... our #2 playmaker last year? If you want to upgrade, I'm all for it. But don't tell me starting cardale or some spread offense rookie is going to make the team better. It's fairly unlikely to happen... and you do risk losing a locker room when u cut a team leader over money.

we paid Percy Harding how much?! We signed two street free agents in hunter and Tate, and gave valuable snaps to some guy named Walt Powell... oh, and Goodwin still sucks... our hogan replacement was hurt all year in salas

But yeah, we don't need hogan... and Whaley deserves no blame for 7-9.

38 catches.

Tyrod was what... our #2 playmaker last year? If you want to upgrade, I'm all for it. But don't tell me starting cardale or some spread offense rookie is going to make the team better. It's fairly unlikely to happen... and you do risk losing a locker room when u cut a team leader over money.

Yep

His replacement had 29... and is a track star/football player

We gave harvin and bush 3 million, and skimped out on a 2nd round tender for hogan. He walked and we had no viable replacement. Can that even be argued?

Horrible moves.

But paying a border line WR3 $4 million on a team that is passing-challenged isn't smart business, either.

Edited by stony

True, Tyrod is much better.

But the Cowboys and Bills basically flipped success levels in 2005 when Parcells took Bledsoe in and installed him as his QB in Dallas.

Tanking coming off of a 6-10 2004 season wasn't an option in Parcells mind......even though the Cowboys still weren't that talented.

Though Drew was just a 1.5 year bridge that success helped set the stage for Tony Romo and by 2007 they were the #1 seed in the NFC playoffs.

If the Bills had gone 9-7 again in 2005 perhaps Donahoe and Mularkey settle in and something gets established here.......perhaps nothing great but what followed really sent the organization into a tailspin.

Horrible moves.

But paying a border line WR3 $4 million on a team that is passing-challenged isn't smart business, either.

1.6 vs. 2.5 million on the 2nd round tender... we were tight at the cap, but Goodwin sucked, and so does dez Lewis apparently

True, Tyrod is much better.

But the Cowboys and Bills basically flipped success levels in 2005 when Parcells took Bledsoe in and installed him as his QB in Dallas.

Tanking coming off of a 6-10 2004 season wasn't an option in Parcells mind......even though the Cowboys still weren't that talented.

Though Drew was just a 1.5 year bridge that success helped set the stage for Tony Romo and by 2007 they were the #1 seed in the NFC playoffs.

If the Bills had gone 9-7 again in 2005 perhaps Donahoe and Mularkey settle in and something gets established here.......perhaps nothing great but what followed really sent the organization into a tailspin.

We also jumped the gun a year... reached for losman instead of ya know... drafting Rodgers a year later.

1.6 vs. 2.5 million on the 2nd round tender... we were tight at the cap, but Goodwin sucked, and so does dez Lewis apparently

We also jumped the gun a year... reached for losman instead of ya know... drafting Rodgers a year later.

Like I said, really bad move. Cap management (nor big-picture roster building) isn't one of DW's strengths.

Stats wise? Yes. As far as being a better QB? No. Bledsoe was a better QB than Tyrod. Tyrod is the superior athlete. It was also a different league back then. Different rules and different schemes. The game as a whole was different just 12 years ago.