Did Anybody Hear Ross Tucker This Morning? ( Re Tyrod/Jones)

Bill from NYC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revolt like how? Wear headphones during meetings and half ass it the majority of the time? Ignore Seth Joyner whilst he is trying to get you up to speed? Spend the offseason on the weed and PS4?

I hope the new coach is looking for ways to break up the lax behavior instead of making decisions as to not upset these bozos.

It's a good question -- I don't know precisely what sort of a revolt, but it could begin with players like Kyle retiring, or other FAs like Zach Brown and Lorax not re-signing here, and an overall poor attitude. If players know they don't really stand a good chance of winning, it will likely show up in their play.

Don't give a ****, either win or get the !@#$ out. !@#$ing quit on a team like a dirtbag, you deserve to be permanently injured.

that's pretty extreme.

personally I wouldn't/wont blame them if they quit. why would you want to give 100% when the GM is going tank mode and that is what they would be doing by starting CJ. he showed in the Jets game he is far from ready to take the reins. also, why would a new staff want to risk their first season with an unproven QB or even a rookie? TT is the best option at this point and can manage the offense the next couple seasons until they possibly draft the future in the next couple of drafts.

Sounds like how the Jets made the decision to bring back Fitz. Worried about the old players getting upset. That worked out. There are reasons to bring him back, but I don't see that as one that should be seriously considered. I also don't really believe that TT's teammates wouldn't like to see what is behind door #2 considering he's never won them anything either. They may like him as a person but I doubt they feel their collective success hinges on having him behind Center (or behind Guard, in this case).

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sounds like how the Jets made the decision to bring back Fitz. Worried about the old players getting upset. That worked out. There are reasons to bring him back, but I don't see that as one that should be seriously considered. I also don't really believe that TT's teammates wouldn't like to see what is behind door #2 considering he's never won them anything either. They may like him as a person but I doubt they feel their collective success hinges on having him behind Center (or behind Guard, in this case).

That may be true except when it comes to Cardale specifically. They have opinions on both guys (and EJ as well).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

But wait. Isnt Whaley the best GM in the league. Clearly Ross Tucker doesnt know the game of football(sarcasm) or else he simply has an agenda(double sarcasm).

But if we cut Tyrod and go with Jones, its a rebuild at that point,

Full tank. Gunning for Darnold if they cut tyrod. I like Tyrod but Ill throw away a season if it means fixing qb for 15 years.

He told of how he was on the Bills when they dumped Bledsoe and went with Losman. He went on to say that the best players on the team were furious and virtually quit on the team. They knew that there was no chance to win with Losman.

He also said that players such as Incog, Glenn, Wood, and others would do the same if Whaley cuts Tyrod and goes with CJ.

He went on to list several dumb moves by Whaley (letting go of Hogan, drafting EJ Manuel and other stupid moves). He is NOT impressed with Whaley, nor am I.

I guess any time a Bills Fan thinks that it can't get worse with this team, reality smacks us in the face.

I for one hope that we keep Tyrod and fire Whaley, who is a rank amateur and a sub-par joke of a GM. I do however hope that he keeps us posted with fashion tips. He sure knows how to dress (and destroy a football team).

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team is better than when he got here. Whaley isn't perfect or possibly a quality NFL GM. But, he didn't destroy a team. He has improved it. At least, it is the same. Not destroyed. IMO it is better.

But wait. Isnt Whaley the best GM in the league. Clearly Ross Tucker doesnt know the game of football(sarcasm) or else he simply has an agenda(double sarcasm).

Full tank. Gunning for Darnold if they cut tyrod. I like Tyrod but Ill throw away a season if it means fixing qb for 15 years.

I prefer the Eagles method of soft rebuild at the QB position. Find a QB who you feel is a future franchise QB and just play him. Surround him with the best team possible. Continue to build around him until/unless you decide he is not the future. I don't consider that tanking. It's just moving away from temporary fixes, old vets and bridge guys.

Anyone citing "letting go of Hogan" as an example of Whaley's incompetence, I kind of have a tough time taking seriously. I don't think it's an outrageous viewpoint to be anti-Whaley but it's hard to argue he hasn't made more good moves than bad ones if you factor in drafting, FA signings/who he let go and trades.

It wasn't just "letting go of Hogan" though... It was not replacing him. We had a particularly bad rash of injuries at the position (salas, watkins, harvin, listenbee)- but the difference in the 2nd round tender was about a million. We gave a million to harvin who barely played, and another 1.5 to bush who never should have played.

When woods was injured, we were left with Hunter who didn't know the playbook. And were using bush in the slot a few times a game. When we could have used that money to just... keep our slot receiver.

I prefer the Eagles method of soft rebuild at the QB position. Find a QB who you feel is a future franchise QB and just play him. Surround him with the best team possible. Continue to build around him until/unless you decide he is not the future. I don't consider that tanking. It's just moving away from temporary fixes, old vets and bridge guys.

They also re-signed their other QB... and a veteran backup. So by their method... they'd keep tyrod and still draft someone in the first.

The team is better than when he got here. Whaley isn't perfect or possibly a quality NFL GM. But, he didn't destroy a team. He has improved it. At least, it is the same. Not destroyed. IMO it is better.

Here's the thing I don't understand.

The team has hovered around .500 the past two seasons. There seems to be a consensus that Rex underperformed and deserved to be fired. In other words, we have a better .500 roster but bad coaching resulted in a disappointing W-L record.

If we have a better than .500 roster, why do so many people want Whaley fired?

And if we have such a poor roster as some insist, why did we fire the coach that got the team to over-perform and play at a .500 level?

Just looking at the results on the field the past two seasons, either Whaley sucked or Rex sucked. They didn't both suck.

Here's the thing I don't understand.

The team has hovered around .500 the past two seasons. There seems to be a consensus that Rex underperformed and deserved to be fired. In other words, we have a better .500 roster but bad coaching resulted in a disappointing W-L record.

If we have a better than .500 roster, why do so many people want Whaley fired?

And if we have such a poor roster as some insist, why did we fire the coach that got the team to over-perform and play at a .500 level?

Just looking at the results on the field the past two seasons, either Whaley sucked or Rex sucked. They didn't both suck.

This has been explained. Many feel the Bills roster peaked 2 years ago and we are now on the downswing due to age, additional Free Agency loss, and coaching scheme changes.

Tyrod himself is a great example. 2 years ago we had him on a dirt cheap contract and he delivered. But upping his cap hit more than 10 million makes him no longer the same value.

It wasn't just "letting go of Hogan" though... It was not replacing him. We had a particularly bad rash of injuries at the position (salas, watkins, harvin, listenbee)- but the difference in the 2nd round tender was about a million. We gave a million to harvin who barely played, and another 1.5 to bush who never should have played.

When woods was injured, we were left with Hunter who didn't know the playbook. And were using bush in the slot a few times a game. When we could have used that money to just... keep our slot receiver.

They also re-signed their other QB... and a veteran backup. So by their method... they'd keep tyrod and still draft someone in the first.

not exactly. They didn't end up keeping their previous starter. They signed him and had him on the trading block because they knew they were moving on. If the Bills can ultimately get a 1st round pick for TT after signing him, I'm all for signing him. That's not happening. Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh come on - i typed it on mobile!

Sorry. Most typos are due to mobile keyboards.

That said, you can't compare signing one WR for $4.5MM (assuming Hogan would resign in Buffalo which I've read wasn't going to happen at any price) to signing a bunch of street free agents because of injury.

This has been explained. Many feel the Bills roster peaked 2 years ago and we are now on the downswing due to age, additional Free Agency loss, and coaching scheme changes.

Tyrod himself is a great example. 2 years ago we had him on a dirt cheap contract and he delivered. But upping his cap hit more than 10 million makes him no longer the same value.

i think the roster peak is valkd...u have windows of opportunity and they pass

im not sure we are there yet

i think the roster peak is valkd...u have windows of opportunity and they pass

im not sure we are there yet

The reason why the Bills had a shot at the playoffs was their outstanding defensive line. The D-Line would completely take average QB's out of the game when you had Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Jerry Hughes, and Marcel Dareus.

Now Williams is old and gone, Kyle could retire, Dareus hasn't been dominant in years, and Jerry looked bad last year.

Now you go to the second level and linebackers. Lorenzo was a star in the 3-4 and will be gone, Zach Brown probably gone, and Preston and Ragland are good but probably not ideal scheme fits for the new D.

Secondary. Best player is a free agent wearing shoes about showing him the money, best safety probably done and hasn't been on the field, no other safeties to speak of and who knows which corners will thrive or be worse in a zone scheme.

I see 6 wins even if we pay Tyrod 30 million which is why I am not eager to do it.

Edited by jeffismagic

He told of how he was on the Bills when they dumped Bledsoe and went with Losman. He went on to say that the best players on the team were furious and virtually quit on the team. They knew that there was no chance to win with Losman.

He also said that players such as Incog, Glenn, Wood, and others would do the same if Whaley cuts Tyrod and goes with CJ.

He went on to list several dumb moves by Whaley (letting go of Hogan, drafting EJ Manuel and other stupid moves). He is NOT impressed with Whaley, nor am I.

I guess any time a Bills Fan thinks that it can't get worse with this team, reality smacks us in the face.

I for one hope that we keep Tyrod and fire Whaley, who is a rank amateur and a sub-par joke of a GM. I do however hope that he keeps us posted with fashion tips. He sure knows how to dress (and destroy a football team).

So many people harp on the fact that Whaley drafted EJ. Even though he was the "assistant" GM at the time, lets assume he was responsible for the pick. The Bills needed to address the QB position because Nix ignored it for so long and EJ was one of the few options. The other was Geno who hasn't done so well with the Jets. He was forced into a very difficult position, and tried to make the best of it.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

So many people harp on the fact that Whaley drafted EJ. Even though he was the "assistant" GM at the time, lets assume he was responsible for the pick. The Bills needed to address the QB position because Nix ignored it for so long Whaley cut Fitz and EJ was one of the few options. The other was Geno who hasn't done so well with the Jets. He was forced into a very difficult position, and tried to make the best of it.

So many people harp on the fact that Whaley drafted EJ. Even though he was the "assistant" GM at the time, lets assume he was responsible for the pick. The Bills needed to address the QB position because Nix ignored it for so long and EJ was one of the few options. The other was Geno who hasn't done so well with the Jets. He was forced into a very difficult position, and tried to make the best of it.

Let's not revisit this! We have gone over EJ more than enough on this board.

That extremely poor 6.9 YPA put him 21st, not 26th, and ahead of Cam Newton (22), Eli Manning (25), Joe Flacco (27), Blake Bortles (28), and Carson Wentz (29).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt

The very good 2015 was actually 7.99 YPA, which put him 5th in the league that year.

Over his 2 years starting his YPA is 7.42, which I find more than respectable.

Actually at one point I think he had the worst YPA among starters last season but as the WR got healthy at the end the numbers climbed back up.

People try to discount the value of WR talent but the 8 game stretch without Sammy was really rough on Tyrod's ypa.......never hit 8 ypa in any game in that stretch.

Good WR aren't a dime-a-dozen like RB's.

In his final 5 games Tyrod had two games over 9 ypa and 8.4 in his last game against Miami which was the only time all season that both Sammy and Woods were "healthy".

He's very weapons reliant as a passer but he makes having deep threats worthwhile because he can utilize them.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Jones will ever be an NFL starting QB I can't believe Whaley is such a stubborn moron.

I don't think Jones will ever be an NFL starting QB I can't believe Whaley is such a stubborn moron.

I don't know what to expect of Jones. He looked good in college and then he was benched. Strange, ya know?

As for Whaley, he won't last. But Bills Fans are loyal, good people and will put up with a loser like him until we are completely drained.

I don't know what to expect of Jones. He looked good in college and then he was benched. Strange, ya know?

As for Whaley, he won't last. But Bills Fans are loyal, good people and will put up with a loser like him until we are completely drained.

More naive than loyal... but only the less savvy amongst us.

IMO at the end of the day the TT discussion on this board is just covered in fear. People are afraid he will go somewhere else and be better than he was here. They are afraid that somehow the frog will turn into a prince and are more concerned with the Bills looking dumb for letting him go. i don't really see consistent evidence that he is the answer at QB. The guy can run and threw some nice deep balls TWO seasons ago. Realistically he has had one decent game as a passer here and of course it had to be in his last game as a starter, so now everyone thinks he's suddenly going to blossom into a real QB.

The love for AVG is just amazing

IMO at the end of the day the TT discussion on this board is just covered in fear. People are afraid he will go somewhere else and be better than he was here. They are afraid that somehow the frog will turn into a prince and are more concerned with the Bills looking dumb for letting him go. i don't really see consistent evidence that he is the answer at QB. The guy can run and threw some nice deep balls TWO seasons ago. Realistically he has had one decent game as a passer here and of course it had to be in his last game as a starter, so now everyone thinks he's suddenly going to blossom into a real QB.

I gotta' admit.......I am still always surprised a bit at your very poor takes.

I haven't considered for a minute what Tyrod might look like on another team.........when the discussions about keeping Tyrod started toward the end of the season it really was mainly people who just realize that the odds of the Bills getting something better right away were not good.

It's been since Jim Kelly in the mid-90's since they've had this kind of back-to-back production from a QB.......and back to the early 1990's for that kind of back-to-back years of offensive production.

Giving that up entirely to sink or swim with a rookie from a grass-green class like the 2018 draft able QB group.........or a Cardale vs. some-tomato-can-vet QB competition is pretty short sighted.