Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

so TBN said what some of you were thinking and saying.. and what I was thinking and didn't want to say it... and it also explains why TT was in the building when McDermott held his presser. And the Dennison hiring just fills in the pieces of the puzzle. sorry if someone else posted here already.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/20/examining-rick-dennisons-hiring-means-tyrod-taylor/

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well after we win a few of these "upsets", they won't be "upsets" anymore. That, and probably at least a few those tough looking games now won't turn out to be once they get here. Like the Colts win I sited in my post for example.

yeah that's wishful thinking. IF everything goes their way, heck, they win superbowl! yeah right. not with this team. not with the players they got, or can get. Not superbowl material.

Stephon Gilmore CB 26 BUF TBD $3,021,038 UFA Market Value E.J. Manuel QB 26 BUF TBD $2,221,325 UFA - Percy Harvin WR 28 BUF TBD $1,740,000 UFA - Corbin Bryant DT 29 BUF TBD $1,671,000 UFA - Jordan Mills RT 26 BUF TBD $1,671,000 UFA - Reggie Bush RB 31 BUF TBD $1,500,000 UFA - Justin Hunter WR 25 BUF TBD $1,356,037 UFA - Zach Brown ILB 27 BUF TBD $1,250,000 UFA - Robert Woods WR 24 BUF TBD $1,216,692 UFA Market Value Jerome Felton FB 30 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA - Ramon Humber OLB 29 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA - Lorenzo Alexander OLB 33 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA - Leger Douzable DT 30 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA - James Ihedigbo SS 33 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA - Robert Blanton SS 27 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA - Corey White CB 26 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA - Colt Anderson SS 31 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA - Lerentee McCray OLB 26 BUF TBD $800,000 UFA - Brandon Tate WR 29 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA - Brandon Spikes ILB 29 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA - Sergio Brown FS 28 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA - Marquise Goodwin WR 26 BUF TBD $713,469 UFA - Chris Gragg TE 26 BUF TBD $554,794 UFA - Jonathan Meeks FS 27 BUF TBD $550,000 UFA -

Yeah, that list is very replaceable. There are maybe 8 guys they should hang on to, and combined they cost less than what we've spent on Dareus' missed games.

yeah that's wishful thinking. IF everything goes their way, heck, they win superbowl! yeah right. not with this team. not with the players they got, or can get. Not superbowl material.

If you say so. We'll see. That's why they play the games. I'll watch, because unfortunately like you, I can't predict the future.

Just curious, did you pick the Fish to make the playoffs this year?

I was watching the 1990 AFC Championship game yesterday to remember what it was like to have a good team. On the other side of the ball on the raiders D at LB?

Our own OC....One Ricky Dennison

Schit. So when we play the Raiders in the AFC Championship game next year in Buffalo, does that mean he is going to throw the game so his beloved Raiders team can get their revenge?

I knew it. Dennison is a spy. Bills can't have good things. Dammit.

The engineering point is awesome - thanks for pointing that out.

Although, as a lawyer who has had to manage engineers as witnesses - they are the absolute worst (second worst actually - lawyers themselves are the worst witnesses).

Is it because the insufferable arrogance permeating from the witness stand is not an appealing trait to the jury deciding the case? Or is it because obfuscation is not very clarifying? Just saying. :bag:

I was watching the 1990 AFC Championship game yesterday to remember what it was like to have a good team. On the other side of the ball on the raiders D at LB?

Our own OC....One Ricky Dennison

Dennison never played for the Raiders. The only team he played for was the Broncos (1982-1990).

Pretty sad when you have to roll out a VHS tape to see the last time we were good.

It is so much fun to do. The problem is that the recordings were all analog and crappy so you end up watching a really blurry game on modern television screens with super high resolution.

It reminds you of how much technology has advanced in that short amount of time.

Oh Please, you want to believe that story, fine. Here's mine, pure speculation, but then again it's really nothing more than speculation that he was ever even really offered a job and why he turned it down.

I do think TP offered him a job, but more as a consultant/low powered czar. Next thing you're hearing how Bill P is planning to hire his son and bring back AJ Smith, at that point Terry told him no, I'd like to hire you to do this specifically, but you're not running the show. At that point, Bill P walked away with his tail between his legs, but publicly gave this "too heavy a lift" story to make his tail look much better. And since he's a media guy himself, works for ESPN, they all bought it up big time and helped sell it down the line. TP is a pretty private kind of guy so he wouldn't be the type to come out and tell anyone what really happened, he was fine with Bill P spinning his tale.

Another happy paying customer!

I’ll also bring up how our former, and now HOF GM took a serious look, and determined it was, in his exact words, “too heavy a lift.”

But apparently, we just had to hire Richie Cunningham… and Happy Days are here again!

It is so much fun to do. The problem is that the recordings were all analog and crappy so you end up watching a really blurry game on modern television screens with super high resolution.

It reminds you of how much technology has advanced in that short amount of time.

i agree, still have lots of the old VHS tapes of the glory years, watch every few years.. .. and all 4 super bowls, which i have yet to watch..

Is it because the insufferable arrogance permeating from the witness stand is not an appealing trait to the jury deciding the case? Or is it because obfuscation is not very clarifying? Just saying. :bag:

Those are part of it - but mostly it's because lawyers and engineers are intelligent problem solvers who try to answer the questions they think are being asked, or should be asked, rather than the questions that actually were asked...

Agree that was around the number I came up with too that really worry me. The rest don't matter much. Granted 8 still may be more than other teams, but am willing to bet there are some teams out there who are losing less total players, but are potentially losing more impact ones.

Yeah, that list is very replaceable. There are maybe 8 guys they should hang on to, and combined they cost less than what we've spent on Dareus' missed games.

Well that's because they can see through the question and understand what the real issue is.

Those are part of it - but mostly it's because lawyers and engineers are intelligent problem solvers who try to answer the questions they think are being asked, or should be asked, rather than the questions that actually were asked...

Oh Please, you want to believe that story, fine. Here's mine, pure speculation, but then again it's really nothing more than speculation that he was ever even really offered a job and why he turned it down.

I do think TP offered him a job, but more as a consultant/low powered czar. Next thing you're hearing how Bill P is planning to hire his son and bring back AJ Smith, at that point Terry told him no, I'd like to hire you to do this specifically, but you're not running the show. At that point, Bill P walked away with his tail between his legs, but publicly gave this "too heavy a lift" story to make his tail look much better. And since he's a media guy himself, works for ESPN, they all bought it up big time and helped sell it down the line. TP is a pretty private kind of guy so he wouldn't be the type to come out and tell anyone what really happened, he was fine with Bill P spinning his tale.

BP probably meant it was "too heavy a lift" to be GM anywhere. No one has hired him since he left the Colts in 2011.

that comment is truly well stated

Dennison never played for the Raiders. The only team he played for was the Broncos (1982-1990).

Check for yourself unless Ricky Dennison the white linebacker for the Raiders was his doppleganger

Pretty sad when you have to roll out a VHS tape to see the last time we were good.

lol actually watched the whole game on YouTube....Kenneth Davis was a beast that game

Check for yourself unless Ricky Dennison the white linebacker for the Raiders was his doppleganger

lol actually watched the whole game on YouTube....Kenneth Davis was a beast that game

That was Riki Ellison not Dennison.

And damn that Bills team was great on offense. So glad I lived through that to experience it first hand.

Edited by PolishDave

This post inspired me to break out a video of the AFC championship game vs the Chiefs. That Bills team was so much better than they are now in so many ways and THEY didn't even win a Super Bowl. It's depressing to think how far the Bills are from a championship right now.

Maybe, but I think it was more a case of TP didn't want him to be the head honcho so his ego wouldn't allow him to take the job then so came up with this story.

There also was speculation as to how him taking another job with any team could delay him getting into the hall. Maybe if he were to get job as GM, he's take that chance, but not to become the second in command reporting to the assistant ball boy. Wasn't worth it to him and could understand that.

BP probably meant it was "too heavy a lift" to be GM anywhere. No one has hired him since he left the Colts in 2011.

One of the top attorneys in the country is Abbe Lowell. He can take a complicated legal issue and with clarity explain in laymen terms the core legal issue involved that even a dullard like myself can understand.

He was the lead attorney who represented John Edwards in the campaign finance fraud case that was brought up in North Carolina by the U.S. Attorney's Office and Justice Department. He shredded the prosecuting U.S. Attorney's position and legal reasoning in that high profile case zealously brought by them against his client.

His clarity and incisiveness when talking about the law is very impressive.

Edited by JohnC

Maybe, but I think it was more a case of TP didn't want him to be the head honcho so his ego wouldn't allow him to take the job then so came up with this story.

There also was speculation as to how him taking another job with any team could delay him getting into the hall. Maybe if he were to get job as GM, he's take that chance, but not to become the second in command reporting to the assistant ball boy. Wasn't worth it to him and could understand that.

I'm also sure that not having the first overall pick and a chance at a generational player wasn't appealing either.

So Whaley still around and the leaks have all been plugged.

Methinks they weren't coming from his camp, but rather from the guys who showed up late and left early.

couple'a things here.

once McDermott was hired, i stopped checking sources and let the assistant coaching hire process work it's way through, especially once it became evident it wasn't going to be McCoy, who was the only one i made a few cursory calls.

otherwise, i called no one. i asked no one to call me within the Bills or outside.

and there was far too much rabid speculation out there to pinpoint on one person, rather than four or five.

it was a long season and made even longer with yet another coaching search. so once McDermott was hired, a move that was a key priority for me, i moved on.

i needed a break and i'm sure the people I've dealt with needed one, too.

and i'm sure the people i deal with would have pointed me in the right direction.

but at this juncture, there was no real benefit from my end to push them on it.

better to use them for more key moves down the road come March and April.

jw

couple'a things here.

once McDermott was hired, i stopped checking sources and let the assistant coaching hire process work it's way through, especially once it became evident it wasn't going to be McCoy, who was the only one i made a few cursory calls.

otherwise, i called no one. i asked no one to call me within the Bills or outside.

and there was far too much rabid speculation out there to pinpoint on one person, rather than four or five.

it was a long season and made even longer with yet another coaching search. so once McDermott was hired, a move that was a key priority for me, i moved on.

i needed a break and i'm sure the people I've dealt with needed one, too.

and i'm sure the people i deal with would have pointed me in the right direction.

but at this juncture, there was no real benefit from my end to push them on it.

better to use them for more key moves down the road come March and April.

jw

It's laughable how far out of their way folks on TSW will go to trash the media.

The truth hurts but by now you'd think they'd be able to see past the messenger.

It's laughable how far out of their way folks on TSW will go to trash the media.

The truth hurts but by now you'd think they'd be able to see past the messenger.

It doesn't help when reporters claim that the head coaching search was a sham because it already settled on Anthony Lynn. So they're going to get criticism.

This sounds like this will end well:

"Dennison prefers to fit players into his scheme, rather than scheming to fit the talent on the roster."

Link?

This sounds like this will end well:

"Dennison prefers to fit players into his scheme, rather than scheming to fit the talent on the roster."

And yet, he made Brock Osweiler look like an NFL quality QB. Maybe he's not a total moron.

I'm guessing Twitter.

Here's your twitter link. Happy reading. Do people really not read the articles right on the front page here?

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/bills-qampa-break-down-of-bills-offensive-coordinator-rick-dennison-from-denver-20170123

"But during his time in Denver, head coach Gary Kubiak had his say in the offense, even calling the plays for Denver’s offense."

"Fans in general, were overjoyed when Rick Dennison was not retained."

Ouch.

Doesn't call plays as an OC and prefers to fit players into his scheme, rather than scheming to fit the talent on the roster. Full props for making Osweiler look like an NFL QB though.

It doesn't help when reporters claim that the head coaching search was a sham because it already settled on Anthony Lynn. So they're going to get criticism.

based on the people I spoke to, Anthony Lynn was the front-runner to replace Rex entering the final game of the season.

reported that as well. and he was until things began shifting with Pegulas impressed by McDermott.

the tide began shifting McDermott's way immediately after he interviewed, and word filtered out that he was the clear favorite a few days before he was hired.

jw

Here's your twitter link. Happy reading. Do people really not read the articles right on the front page here?

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/bills-qampa-break-down-of-bills-offensive-coordinator-rick-dennison-from-denver-20170123

"But during his time in Denver, head coach Gary Kubiak had his say in the offense, even calling the plays for Denver’s offense."

"Fans in general, were overjoyed when Rick Dennison was not retained."

Ouch.

Doesn't call plays as an OC and prefers to fit players into his scheme, rather than scheming to fit the talent on the roster. Full props for making Osweiler look like an NFL QB though.

I would dispute this based on what they did in Denver with Peyton Manning.

What does that have to do with anything?

based on the people I spoke to, Anthony Lynn was the front-runner to replace Rex entering the final game of the season.

reported that as well. and he was until things began shifting with Pegulas impressed by McDermott.

the tide began shifting McDermott's way immediately after he interviewed, and word filtered out that he was the clear favorite a few days before he was hired.

jw

thanks for the updates, john, you remain the press room beacon.

the organization was pretty air tight in the lead up to the coordinator hires. there wasn't so much as a peep about interviews, etc. this was in contrast to a lot of the other shenanigans that kept dripping out, before, during and after the last two seasons. the only thing changed (as far as we can tell) is a loosey goosey head coach is gone and a much more rigidly organized one is in.