Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

Why? What do you actually know about the guy? Have you worked with him before?

I said it above. I'm always wary of guys who were OCs under HCs who ran the entire show on that side of the ball and called plays, too. It's possible he will do well on his own. And he had great experience. But it was always Kubiak. I'm rooting for him.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it above. I'm always wary of guys who were OCs under HCs who ran the entire show on that side of the ball and called plays, too. It's possible he will do well on his own. And he had great experience. But it was always Kubiak. I'm rooting for him.

I hear ya. Fair enough.

I was out to dinner so I missed my opportunity to freak out with everyone else. Now that it's sunk in for a bit it's like meh, let's see what he can do. Could have been worse, could have been Olson. McCoy was the one I wanted so I think McDermott oversold himself, or at least the media did by tying those 2 together. Oh well no use worrying about it now. At least it's someone with some experience. Let's see what happens

@JoeBuscaglia

Listen up, #Bills fans. Some great information on new O.C. Rick Dennison from @TroyRenck, a Broncos insider from 7 ABC in Denver.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/822240636015353856

Exactly what I was saying. The guys that cover the Broncos don't even know what kind of coordinator he is because it was all Kubiak.

This is fair, of course. But a guy's gotta get his chance sometime. I think he's had enough time to learn.

These are the types of headlines that make me hate the media. "Grueling" search and I'm hoping they go into detail on the number of coaches interviewed, the time spent with each, the discussions of each's offensive philosophy, you know, what made it grueling. Zero, zilch, nada about the what the headline alludes to. There is a 26 second picture montage over which text about the candidate is provided, it's titled as above, nothing about grueling. Just horrible. Bills Wire is dead to me now, first and last time I'll ever visit. Shame on me.

As for the hire. Whatever, been whatever this whole off season. Team and ownership have sucked the life out of me. I'm in complete proof it mode, I'll withhold judgement until I can make one with any rational thought.

relax...you have plenty of opportunities to be angry. That article shouldn't be one of them

Read that first article on him. Looks like it was a system they crafted together

That would be good. I guess a positive spin is that he and Kubiak worked well together and developed a successful offensive philosophy. He should be able to engineer the offense.

That would be good. I guess a positive spin is that he and Kubiak worked well together and developed a successful offensive philosophy. He should be able to engineer the offense.

Yeah positive spin - coordinated effort

negative spin - what did he even do?

Wanna bet which one wins out here? :mellow:

I'm happy with the hire.

Lots of experience in successful situations and well regarded.

Also you can point to his resume and see the accomplishments.

This staff seems like they are "Tough", not so much physical, but mentally tough. They've been through the process before.

This team needs a huge dose of mental toughness to break through.

:thumbsup:

I am going to choose to be hopeful with this guy (especially after the Olson rumors). We need to see how it plays out. To a large extent, coaches are only as good as the players they have. It would be a lot easier to be an OC with Tom Brady or Peyton in his prime.

Awesome! A superbowl winning OC. Probably the best of who's available really. Seems like an understated guy too, which fits in with HC's personality.

He did a pretty good job with Siemian as starter. That O looked inventive despite a young QB in there. Denver's problems were with the O line.

Denver's problems mounted after they lost Anderson too.

This is fair, of course. But a guy's gotta get his chance sometime. I think he's had enough time to learn.

Yep. He does. And Dennison has terrific experience, as a player in three Super Bowls, special teams coach, defensive coach, tight ends coach, you don't find better experience than that.

Our offense would look great if he could get Van Miller to follow him and play LB for us.

Yup. And maybe get Von Miller to announce the games.