Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

The Jets were also a leaking machine when Rex coached there and it's no coincidence that we had a leaking problem here as well. And just like they did when he left the Jets, the leaks dried up when he left here, too.

And he had pretty much his same cast of characters surrounding him in both spots.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he had pretty much his same cast of characters surrounding him in both spots.

interesting to note isn't it?

does not put the matter to bed just yet.

But lets hope this season of Coaching hires and a tidy OBD during this all, is a sign of Pegula's getting the drum tightened

How things worked between Kubiak & Dennison
There have been widespread reports over the years about the amount of latitude now retired head coach Gary Kubiak had with his play calling delegation to Bills new offensive coordinator Rick Dennison. It’s no secret that Kubiak called plays, but there were several games over the years where Dennison also called plays. Broncos receivers coach Tyke Tolbert, who worked the past two years with both Kubiak and Dennison in the offensive meeting rooms, set the record straight as to how things functioned in an appearance on the John Murphy Show.

Don't know if anything about this has been posted, but it's from an ESPN piece on Matt Ryan. I didn't read the whole thing, but the part about Kyle Shanahan's offense caught my attention:

"By his own account, Ryan was enamored with Shanahan's offense; he says he never lost faith in it. And perhaps for good reason. Shanahan's mentors have included Jon Gruden, Gary Kubiak and, of course, his father, Mike. The foundation of both Shanahans' schemes is an outside-zone running game, drilled into the players until it can be run like clockwork. And so it was that Ryan was engaging with a system that, almost genetically, had its roots with a Broncos team coached by Mike Shanahan 20 years earlier and led by a quarterback who had also experienced years of heartbreak before winning multiple titles: John Elway."

Granted, Dennison hasn't called the bulk of his own plays, and we don't have a HOF or even top 10 QB on the team, but aside from Gruden, those are the same mentors. It'll be interesting to see what Dennison's offense ultimately looks like.

Don't know if anything about this has been posted, but it's from an ESPN piece on Matt Ryan. I didn't read the whole thing, but the part about Kyle Shanahan's offense caught my attention:

"By his own account, Ryan was enamored with Shanahan's offense; he says he never lost faith in it. And perhaps for good reason. Shanahan's mentors have included Jon Gruden, Gary Kubiak and, of course, his father, Mike. The foundation of both Shanahans' schemes is an outside-zone running game, drilled into the players until it can be run like clockwork. And so it was that Ryan was engaging with a system that, almost genetically, had its roots with a Broncos team coached by Mike Shanahan 20 years earlier and led by a quarterback who had also experienced years of heartbreak before winning multiple titles: John Elway."

Granted, Dennison hasn't called the bulk of his own plays, and we don't have a HOF or even top 10 QB on the team, but aside from Gruden, those are the same mentors. It'll be interesting to see what Dennison's offense ultimately looks like.

I have to agree, very interested to see what he does with this line and these backers !