Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we were hearing talk of Turner, or Olson, or Dorsey, or AVP potentially being OC, yes I'm figuratively doing cartwheels.

That being said, they need a franchise QB.

really. you do this is within a just fine and dandy thread?

I've been saying it everywhere.

Ha ha . You have a following too.

I think everyone and the third grader down the street know by now though how many folks here feel this way.

I'm purely talking about athletic prototypes for the run game, Miller's not what you'd call fluid in space. He's a chunky power-scheme RG.

Yes he is. Much improved this year.

And gosh I do love a power run scheme. But somehow Shady made it work ?

Doesn't Denver zone blocking scheme emphasize very athletic offensive linemen? Bills current players not a great fit for that.

Half the guys are expendable. When I say half, i mean the entire right side wouldn't be a big loss.

From what I'm reading, Dennison technically wasn't the OC in Denver because he wasn't the one calling the plays and it obviously wasn't his offense. Not really sure what his role was over there.

KTD, I get what you're saying. On the one hand, he's never run his own offense. All the stats are meaningless because in the end they were produced by someone else.

On the other hand, Dennison had an excellent mentor. He worked with Kubiak long enough to learn everything there was to learn from the man.

As folks outside the NFL, we really don't have enough data to have a good idea if Dennison will succeed or fail. His resume says he's ready to finally become a real OC, but he's never actually been one.

Neither confidence nor pessimism seem warranted under the circumstances - unless we're so jaded as Bills fans that predicting failure seems the safest bet.

Reading the comments here tells us more about the fan than about Dennison. It's kind of football fan Rorschach test. The picture is ambiguous. What you decide to see depends on your personality.

That's true. And good post. As far as Im concerned he's our guy now and he has a clean slate, even if I'm not all that inspired. We could have done a hell of a lot worse. I'm also of the school of thought to keep Tyrod, so if Dennison is in favor of that I will think a lot more of him.

That's true. And good post. As far as Im concerned he's our guy now and he has a clean slate, even if I'm not all that inspired. We could have done a hell of a lot worse. I'm also of the school of thought to keep Tyrod, so if Dennison is in favor of that I will think a lot more of him.

Lets roll with this please?

KTD, I get what you're saying. On the one hand, he's never run his own offense. All the stats are meaningless because in the end they were produced by someone else.

On the other hand, Dennison had an excellent mentor. He worked with Kubiak long enough to learn everything there was to learn from the man.

As folks outside the NFL, we really don't have enough data to have a good idea if Dennison will succeed or fail. His resume says he's ready to finally become a real OC, but he's never actually been one.

Neither confidence nor pessimism seem warranted under the circumstances - unless we're so jaded as Bills fans that predicting failure seems the safest bet.

Reading the comments here tells us more about the fan than about Dennison. It's kind of football fan Rorschach test. The picture is ambiguous. What you decide to see depends on your personality.

That's a pretty brilliant way of putting other people's perspectives in "perspective" for lack of a better word.

Ha ha . You have a following too.

I think everyone and the third grader down the street know by now though how many folks here feel this way.

I know it's obvious. Just saying that even though I like the hire, he still needs a QB.

And considering this came out of nowhere, can we assume that the leaks were from the coaching staff?

They move Incognito a ton but I've said this before...........the Bills OL did not run the Roman offense at the speed the Niners more gifted OL did.

Incognito was moving in slo-mo by comparison.

They ran it well enough to execute better than the Niners ever did, so they were doing something right.

I know it's obvious. Just saying that even though I like the hire, he still needs a QB.

And considering this came out of nowhere, can we assume that the leaks were from the coaching staff?

I will go on record as saying McD brought him in to Coach TT

Edited by 3rdand12

Wow, you beat Yolo & 26 CB to this? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Right place, right time.

I even looked at Twitter and back to TBD a couple times like "is this real - no one has posted?". Felt like a big win this early into 2017 for sure...