Official: Leslie Frazier Hired to be McDermott's DC

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this happen:

McDermott had been the Panthers defensive coordinator since 2011 and was the defensive coordinator with the Philadelphia Eagles from 2009 to 2012. He has served under head coaches Andy Reid and Ron Rivera and looks to be ready for his first head coaching gig.

We just hired the hardest working man in the NFL.

Could care less who the DC is because it's gonna be McDermott's defense and he'll be calling the shots.

All I care about is who they're gonna hire at OC. We need a QB guru to take control.

I'm not sure about that. What good is a QB guru for an OC when you have a QB who is not a pure passer?

I'd like us to get an offensive coaching staff that's good at both the passing game and running game.

If you want a "QB guru," find a good QB coach for that role.

What's essential is that our new OC knows how to coordinate a running game. We have the personnel to run the ball and we need to be successful at it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

In regards to Frazier, often when the HC is the de facto coordinator, the man with the title of coordinator is more-or-less a no-name.

But McDermott did something different. He brought in a prominent guy - a guy who's been a HC and DC before himself. This could be a good 1-2 punch.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Want to hear McDermott come on strong and elbow Whaley right off the stage, but he probably won't. Still boggles the mind that Whaley selected Ragland over Lynch. No wonder McCoy went to Denver.

Lynch went in the 1st round, Ragland in the 2nd. I am confused? Are you sure that you aren't thinking of someone else?

Want to hear McDermott come on strong and elbow Whaley right off the stage, but he probably won't. Still boggles the mind that Whaley selected Ragland over Lynch. No wonder McCoy went to Denver.

The whole 2015 draft was pretty much what Rex Ryan dictated - or at least appears to have been.

Dude it was because Rex Defense required a LB like Ragland and we did not have any idea that our FA LBs would perform as well as they did

Getting really old with people posting and not actually understanding the circumstances just so they can heap more non sense on top of the ridiculous spin doctornig fans already imagine up.

Jerry Sullivan's piece today about Taylor was terrible.

Par for the course with Sully. It's like he sits down to type and just goes bananas with the first terrible idea to come to his head.

My buddy is a big Tampa Bay fan. He said Frazier is the worst DC they've seen down there in a long time. He is surprised McDermott hired him and Leslie won't last more than 2 seasons.

OK that being said, if Whaley provides good players I think most of these coaches will suddenly look a lot better, a lot smarter. We'll see.

There is a totally different dynamic when you are a DC in name only, like Frazier is going to be here, and run McDermott's defense, versus a DC who is installing and running his own defense. Even in Tampa Bay, Frazier was running Louie's D. The Bills defense is going to succeed or fail because of McDermott not Frazier.

I'm not sure about that. What good is a QB guru for an OC when you have a QB who is not a pure passer?

I'd like us to get an offensive coaching staff that's good at both the passing game and running game.

If you want a "QB guru," find a good QB coach for that role.

What's essential is that our new OC knows how to coordinate a running game. We have the personnel to run the ball and we need to be successful at it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

In regards to Frazier, often when the HC is the de facto coordinator, the man with the title of coordinator is more-or-less a no-name.

But McDermott did something different. He brought in a prominent guy - a guy who's been a HC and DC before himself. This could be a good 1-2 punch.

The reason I like the Frazier hire is because he has been a HC before and McDermott has not. I think a guy like McD benefits a lot from a coordinator who has worn all those hats, especially on his side of the ball. Frazier is a great hire. The OC on the other hand... ugh.

Jerry Sullivan's piece today about Taylor was terrible.

more puke? Haha the man knows no limits!

I like the hire. Frazier grinded along side McDermott in Philly and has HC experience for McD to lean on as needed.

They went to 4 straight NFC championships together so they know the riggers of playoff football.