Official: Leslie Frazier Hired to be McDermott's DC

This is a good hire. Means MC is going to be the HC and not mess around with the DEF too much maybe. The Bills are pretty screwed with the Offense though. Lynn just went to the LA Chargers and M. McCoy was just hired by the Broncos. Maybe MC will bring a High School coach and run the ball every play.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good hire. Means MC is going to be the HC and not mess around with the DEF too much maybe. The Bills are pretty screwed with the Offense though. Lynn just went to the LA Chargers and M. McCoy was just hired by the Broncos. Maybe MC will bring a High School coach and run the ball every play.

Yep. There are no other coaches in the NFL who could possibly scheme an offense to take advantage of the Bills' talent and call plays. Absolutely none!

Yep. There are no other coaches in the NFL who could possibly scheme an offense to take advantage of the Bills' talent and call plays. Absolutely none!

Yeah, folks forget that Lynn was just running a scaled back version of Romans offense, not his own. Would be nice to get a proven OC though.

Four years of HC experience is very valuable in a coordinator who is helping a rookie coach. I'm less worried about scheme and stuff on this side of the ball because McD will be much more involved on that side of the ball. Pleased with this hire, but I was also fine with a lower level coach with communication established like the Carolina LB coach if they went in that direction.

Now we need an OC, and then possibly a QB of some sort.

This is what I think. McDermott is going to install his defense and I imagine will call defensive signals. The OC is 10x the more important hire. The DC here needs to be one of two things, a very solid, experienced guy who used to be a HC and can help McD out - a guy just like Frazier - or an up and coming whiz kid who is on his way to being a great DC in a few years. Both the other guys rumored, John Butler and Al Holcomb, fit that bill.

I think McD hires Frazier because Frazier can help implement his system and call the defense. If McD went with a new DC like Holcomb would have been then I could see him calling the defense. I think McD is going to be a CEO Head Coach. We'll see if he addresses it at the presser tomorrow.

Bills always seem to do stuff backwards. Where is the OC? Where is the QB coach?

Instead we are hiring o-line coach and cover 2 guy for D.

Duh...McDermott plays lots of zone in his schemes...Cover 2, Cover 3 and Cover 4...

Thanks Captain Perceptive...Master Of The Blatantly Obvious...

"Never Saw That One Coming!" ---- signed: Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Kelen Keller

Bills always seem to do stuff backwards. Where is the OC? Where is the QB coach?

Instead we are hiring o-line coach and cover 2 guy for D.

Any chance he ran a Tampa 2 because that's what his players were best suited to? I'd imagine McD feels confortable that Frazier will run the D style that he wants him to

He's on McDermott's staff and is a Jim Johnson disciple. I don't care what he ran in MIN.

I will give you that there is a possibility that he defers to Mcdermott who is the head coach. But this guy's preference is a conservative Tampa 2 D.

We will see what happens but I find it very possible that the younger McD will let Jauron, I mean Frazier, run the D his way.

I will give you that there is a possibility that he defers to Mcdermott who is the head coach. But this guy's preference is a conservative Tampa 2 D.

We will see what happens but I find it very possible that the younger McD will let Jauron, I mean Frazier, run the D his way.

Possibility? I think you can count on McDermott's ideas and concepts as the prevailing scheme.

Oh.

Looks like "Tampa 2" is the early 2017 shorthand for "I don't know **** about defense but I'm guessing this is bad so I'm going to complain about it before anything actually happens."

See: "Wide Nine, 2014."

Also, last time we ran what folks here have decided they hate in the "Tampa 2" we fielded a middling defense run by the likes of John DiGorgion and Angelo Crowell.

Anyways, back to the unwarranted bitching/hand wringing.