Official: Leslie Frazier Hired to be McDermott's DC

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.

Looks like "Tampa 2" is the early 2017 shorthand for "I don't know **** about defense but I'm guessing this is bad so I'm going to complain about it before anything actually happens."

See: "Wide Nine, 2014."

Also, last time we ran what folks here have decided they hate in the "Tampa 2" we fielded a middling defense run by the likes of John DiGorgion and Angelo Crowell.

Anyways, back to the unwarranted bitching/hand wringing.

Well said! Bahhahha

Only if he's going to be part of a turducken.

Well played

Could care less who the DC is because it's gonna be McDermott's defense and he'll be calling the shots.

All I care about is who they're gonna hire at OC. We need a QB guru to take control.

I hope McDermott will not be calling the D on gamedays...I want a true team manager as a HC, paying attention to all phases as well as situational football and clock management. I agree he will put his "stamp" on the defense but I'm guessing a large part of why he brought in Frazier is that he trusts him to call it.

I'm holding my breath over the OC hire...it really could make or break the season.

My buddy is a big Tampa Bay fan. He said Frazier is the worst DC they've seen down there in a long time. He is surprised McDermott hired him and Leslie won't last more than 2 seasons.

OK that being said, if Whaley provides good players I think most of these coaches will suddenly look a lot better, a lot smarter. We'll see.

But again nothing in there says it can be blocked or permission given. Just a 15 day exclusive negotiation windo for expiring contracts.

I guess they could be a dick and say nope not good enough to run our defense Wilkes is but stick around here because we are blocking an advancement oppertunity

But i am wrong i admit it. Kind of a ****ty rule and should be changed maybe you would see some more diversity in the coaching ranks

woah he admitted he was wrong?????? it WAS a full moon this week and it IS friday the 13th...

My buddy is a big Tampa Bay fan. He said Frazier is the worst DC they've seen down there in a long time. He is surprised McDermott hired him and Leslie won't last more than 2 seasons.

OK that being said, if Whaley provides good players I think most of these coaches will suddenly look a lot better, a lot smarter. We'll see.

He was running the Tampa 2 for Lovie down there. He has been hired here to run the Jim Johnson defense. No doubt.

He was running the Tampa 2 for Lovie down there. He has been hired here to run the Jim Johnson defense. No doubt.

Absolutely. That is my hope. He is overseeing McDermotts defense.

Let's face it, Sean M. Was hired here to fix the D so he will have a big say over the play calls and the scheme. He knows if the D fails, his head coaching career will be short lived.

Without a QB. Just let that sink in. Tyrod seems done in Buffalo. Whaley botched the contract on that one and there is no reason to pay Tyrod that much. RIvers won't come if he is let go; he will head straight to Denver with McCoy. So the Bills could pick up Fitzpatrick.

It's amazing how uninformed people continue to be regarding Taylor and his contract. It's reached the point of blatant ignorance now.

Absolutely. That is my hope. He is overseeing McDermotts defense.

Let's face it, Sean M. Was hired here to fix the D so he will have a big say over the play calls and the scheme. He knows if the D fails, his head coaching career will be short lived.

And Frazier has run the Jim Johnson D before.... a D coordinator who has coached multiple schemes in his career. I think this is a good hire and I will judge it by success or otherwise on the field.

How did this happen:

McDermott had been the Panthers defensive coordinator since 2011 and was the defensive coordinator with the Philadelphia Eagles from 2009 to 2012. He has served under head coaches Andy Reid and Ron Rivera and looks to be ready for his first head coaching gig.

Edited by scribo

It's amazing how uninformed people continue to be regarding Taylor and his contract. It's reached the point of blatant ignorance now.

This my friend, is exactly what politicians want. Misinformation today combined with instant access to said misinformation, and you easily get millions of people believing anything.