Cyrus Kouandjio - Not too Bad

bouds

He's looked more than capable at the LT position, PFF has him down as only 1 hurry, no sacks the last two weeks. Run game still did work, we haven't missed Glenn at all. Some folks feel Cyrus can't play RT because of his knee, won't allow him to move as well on that side of the field, we need to get Mills off the roster and upgrade RT. It's a small sample, but it's nice seeing Cyrus contribute, played really well the last two weeks, but it's just that two weeks.

Any thoughts? Merry Christmas to all.

He needs to be tried at right tackle first, before any thoughts of starting him at left tackle and moving Glenn to right tackle are entertained.

I thought the issues with Kujo's knee was why they prefer him on the Left Side? I swear I heard/read that somewhere...Maybe Sal said it... B-)

See, I don't think it matters what side he's blocking as long as he can block that side. If you're a RT in this league you have to pass block Von Miller, JJ Watt, Wake, Avril etc. If you're a LT you have to block Clowney, Mack (though he switches as much as anyone), Suggs and Ware in the past etc, so both your LT/RT have to be capable. So it's not a lesser position in my eyes, LT/RT equally important in today's NFL.

But I do see the point that you don't want to move Glenn based on a 2 game sample, especially when it will be an adjustment for Glenn as well. We just need to upgrade at RT, Mills is awful, Seantrel is done.

Edited by bouds

See, I don't think it matters what side he's blocking as long as he can block that side. If you're a RT in this league you have to pass block Von Miller, JJ Watt, Wake, Avril etc. If you're a LT you have to block Clowney, Mack (though he switches as much as anyone), Suggs and Ware in the past etc, so both your LT/RT have to be capable. So it's not a lesser position in my eyes, LT/RT equally important in today's NFL.

But I do see the point that you don't want to move Glenn based on a 2 game sample, especially when it will be an adjustment for Glenn as well. We just need to upgrade at RT, Mills is awful, Seantrel is done.

I'm not sure how true it is, but the issue with Kujo is apparently his knees. That is why he was not a number one pick and some teams dropped him way down on their draft boards. It has been said, although again it's hard to know as a fan without being there how true it is, that he can only excel at LT because of his knees and one as the plant leg and the other as the drop back/movement leg. When he can anchor on his good leg he is much better.

Again I am not sure if this is true. It makes sense theoretically. He seems to play better at LT.

I'm not sure how true it is, but the issue with Kujo is apparently his knees. That is why he was not a number one pick and some teams dropped him way down on their draft boards. It has been said, although again it's hard to know as a fan without being there how true it is, that he can only excel at LT because of his knees and one as the plant leg and the other as the drop back/movement leg. When he can anchor on his good leg he is much better.

Again I am not sure if this is true. It makes sense theoretically. He seems to play better at LT.

He was on the JMS this week and said he's just more comfortable playing LT since he had not played the other side since High School.

Well, at the very least we have two apparently solid backups in Kujo and Groy. I thought Groy was just absolutely horrible the first few times I saw him, but he's developed into a capable backup for Wood. If we can find a solid RT in place of Mills, that's a pretty good OL for next season.

He can't play on the right side.

Based on...what?

I thought the issues with Kujo's knee was why they prefer him on the Left Side? I swear I heard/read that somewhere...Maybe Sal said it... B-)

Tasked theorized about it earlier in the season/pre-season.

I have no idea what is true or not. Maybe they/we are better overall swapping sides. RT traditionally makes less $$$, but Cordy already has a big fat contract. Would he mind, I wonder? Is he worried about the next deal?

Edited by Augie

I have been very against this Kujo at LT and Glenn at RT

but now that Glenn has his money I think we should experiment with this

Yeah, the league has changed. Just get matchups you can win. The blind side is nice, but getting pressure is first and foremost, regardless of where it's coming from.

Tasked theorized about it earlier in the season/pre-season.

All about the weight-bearing post leg. At RT, the weight goes through the bad knee, stops him being comfortable gaining depth. At LT, less of an issue.

I didn't like the Glenn at RT idea much but I'd give it a go if Kromer & co decided it was the best laid plan for 2017.

All about the weight-bearing post leg. At RT, the weight goes through the bad knee, stops him being comfortable gaining depth. At LT, less of an issue.

I didn't like the Glenn at RT idea much but I'd give it a go if Kromer & co decided it was the best laid plan for 2017.

Kromer, with beach chair issues resolved, seems to have done a great job this year. Don't lose him! (Does A. Lynn have an endless list of cronies?)

Kromer, with beach chair issues resolved, seems to have done a great job this year. Don't lose him! (Does A. Lynn have an endless list of cronies?)

I will be the first to admit it. After the beach chair **** and the Cutler selling out stuff, I hated Kromer's appointment. Rat of a human being.

That said, the progression on the OL has been really impressive. Miller, Cyrus, Groy. Even Mills isn't quite the shitbag he was in Chicago. I would fight tooth and nail to keep Kromer.

He was on the JMS this week and said he's just more comfortable playing LT since he had not played the other side since High School.

Well he is never going to say my knee is not strong enough to play on the right side. ;)

Again, I don't know if it's true. The not comfortable excuse doesn't seem like a smart thing to say.

Well he is never going to say my knee is not strong enough to play on the right side. ;)

Again, I don't know if it's true. The not comfortable excuse doesn't seem like a smart thing to say.

Maybe why the Cheats.......say nothing.

He's looked more than capable at the LT position, PFF has him down as only 1 hurry, no sacks the last two weeks. Run game still did work, we haven't missed Glenn at all. Some folks feel Cyrus can't play RT because of his knee, won't allow him to move as well on that side of the field, we need to get Mills off the roster and upgrade RT. It's a small sample, but it's nice seeing Cyrus contribute, played really well the last two weeks, but it's just that two weeks.

Any thoughts? Merry Christmas to all.

He did well in the beginning of the season when Glenn missed time. He's done well at other times in previous seasons when filling in for Glenn or playing the extra lineman in unbalanced looks. He's usually better on the left side.

he's played great at every opportunity this year, was supposed to be eaten up by jets game 2..never happened and he's played well all year. Its time Mills was a great find but it's time to move on. He was drafted at 20 sometimes we lose sight of that Zach Martin with Dallas drafted at 24 big difference. Watkins also drafted at 20 guys only 23 now.

Can they extend CK this offseason? Thinking he might extend now with not much on tape for a backup type deal. Then if he becomes your starter you are playing with house money.

let's hope so... and move Glenn to RT. Already got paid so as long as he's comfortable and effective there I don't think he would be too upset. That's a fantastic OL. And they cannot lose Kromer! He's awesome. Throw in some beachfront property and new chairs. Edited by YoloinOhio

let's hope so... and move Glenn to RT. Already got paid so as long as he's comfortable and effective there I don't think he would be too upset. That's a fantastic OL.

As I say my preference would still be to try CK at RT first but if this really is about mobility on that knee then CK left and CG right is the way to go.

Can they extend CK this offseason? Thinking he might extend now with not much on tape for a backup type deal. Then if he becomes your starter you are playing with house money.

If the plan is to let him play LT, switch Cordy to RT, what would be fair compensation for his services? Do you try to pay him like a middle of the pack RT? Would he even go for that?

If they strike now, it's a numbers game. If they wait, no way they could retain him cheap if he keeps on improving.

If the plan is to let him play LT, switch Cordy to RT, what would be fair compensation for his services? Do you try to pay him like a middle of the pack RT? Would he even go for that?

If they strike now, it's a numbers game. If they wait, no way they could retain him cheap if he keeps on improving.

He'll probably take his chances on the open market if they not offering starting LT money.

Ok Hypothetical

Thats the plan move Glenn to RT play CK at left.

You dont address RT in offseason at that point because you have a top paid OT there.

Now he struggles at RT (like many can flipping sides)

What do you do you put him back at LT and boom in the same boat.

Or even CK regresses because you know he has been really bad at times (maybe not this year in his spot duty next to a premier LG.

Edited by MAJBobby

Ok Hypothetical

Thats the plan move Glenn to RT play CK at left.

You dont address RT in offseason at that point because you have a top paid OT there.

Now he struggles at RT (like many can flipping sides)

What do you do you put him back at LT and boom in the same boat.

Or even CK regresses because you know he has been really bad at times (maybe not this year in his spot duty next to a premier LG.

Valid point. But that's the NFL today. You gotta take risks and this might be a good one to take.

Valid point. But that's the NFL today. You gotta take risks and this might be a good one to take.

Not if you are keeping TT at QB who needs forever to release the football. You go get a legit RT that you know is a Legit RT like Andrew Whitworth

If the coaches determine that they have seen enough from Kouandjio to warrant starting consideration, right or left (personally, I prefer putting him at right to keep Glenn where he is a proven commodity--if you switch them, now you would have two unknowns), the Bills are in good shape at the Tackle spot with Hendersen as a solid back-up--who also is a capable starter (that is, assuming he gets back to top form).

All that to say this, it means a top draft pick can be used elsewhere. And that is a good thing for the Bills.

So now we running Glenn out of town because a coupke games CK looked better

One of your classic over-the-top reactions. Where did he imply running Glenn out of town? If you didn't always respond with bottle-rocket answers and/or insult your obvious football knowledge may be respected more.