The NYJ Have Released C. J. Spiller

Honestly how easy is it to stick with a team with a 800,000 salary knowing there is a younger guy less expensive who has been with the team from the beginning of the season in front of you? Kind of hard to get reps and prove your value. Hightower was already vested in NO.. Cadet was very cheap in SEA they have Rawls, Proise and Collins .. Proise is cheap as well.. Kind of hard keeping Spillers salary on either of these rosters.

Honestly how easy is it to stick with a team with a 800,000 salary knowing there is a younger guy less expensive who has been with the team from the beginning of the season in front of you? Kind of hard to get reps and prove your value. Hightower was already vested in NO.. Cadet was very cheap in SEA they have Rawls, Proise and Collins .. Proise is cheap as well.. Kind of hard keeping Spillers salary on either of these rosters.

Yeah cause Spiller 208K in Seattle so hard to absorb for them

or the 428K in NY

He just isn't very good

Me to......

I looked at him and saw Barry Sanders

He has terrible instincts with very little ability to set up and read blocking. Doesn't know how to be patient to the hole and accelerate through it. Just a straight line speed guy with the ability to hit a big play now and then. Bust!

Also not a good receiver.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Hackett is killing it in Jacksonville though!

I'll freely admit I thought he would be a much player than he became. Seems like a great dude. Sad some people seem to get some weird joy out of failing. Live your life.

Failing? Isn't he in the top 1% of his profession? Shouldn't you be laughing at folks calling him a failure?

Anyway, if you wanna start a CJ Spiller sucked in the NFL GoFundMe, I'd be happy to donate $10.

Failing? Isn't he in the top 1% of his profession? Shouldn't you be laughing at folks calling him a failure?

Anyway, if you wanna start a CJ Spiller sucked in the NFL GoFundMe, I'd be happy to donate $10.

You're right. It is pretty funny. Dude won.

CJ's career circling the drain at this point. Nice guy, but was a bad pick for the Bills at #9 in the first round. Had his moments....but, they were to few.

I was on the Bulaga train for that draft but let's be honest, does a decent RT who is hurt a lot really change anything for us?

I still remember laughing when Nix drafted Spiller while having both Lynch and Jackson in the backfield. Classic example of the Bills trying to show how much smarter they are than the rest of the NFL. Priceless.

There's maybe 100 RBs in professional football, give or take. He is not one of them.

So that's more like in the bottom 1% of his profession.

There's maybe 100 RBs in professional football, give or take. He is not one of them.

So that's more like in the bottom 1% of his profession.

Still the top 1% of all people who play the sport. And he made a pro bowl.

He's not even close to one of the biggest Bills mistakes.

How could I have been so wrong about CJ Spiller?

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either.

He's not even close to one of the biggest Bills mistakes.

Like Bill Lumberg said, "I am going to have to go ahead and disagree." :) The thing is CB, even if you are correct it doesn't make the entire Spiller episode any less sad, ya know?

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either.

Like Bill Lumberg said, "I am going to have to go ahead and disagree." :) The thing is CB, even if you are correct it doesn't make the entire Spiller episode any less sad, ya know?

Good to see you posting again Bill! Hope all is well.

We probably shouldn't go down this rabbit hole again, but the guy did have a great season and a half stretch. If ended up being a Jamel Charles type player, would anyone been against it?

And all these picks are amplified when you don't have a qb. The Pats sent a 1st round pick on Lawrence Maroney and no one cares about it.