Where is FireRex and his constituents??

i will stand up as one who still wants to fire Rex. Don't like the guy, never will. I am not counting these wins as quality wins, and the toughest part of Bills schedule is still ahead. The schedule BTW, that the Jets have just endured. I don't think Rex is up to the challenge against Tomlin, Carroll, Hoodie,Del Rio.. heck even Lewis and Bradely I think will out coach him. But we shall see.

I am more than a bit scared he may get outcoached by Kelly this weekend...he sure as chit did last year in Philly.

All that being said...i will root like crazy for them even with Rex as the coach.

I respect your opinion. After all Rex isn't for everyone. He's a polorizing figure. He's our coach however and some "Bills fans" actually want us to fail just so we can him. That's just plain wrong.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will the same thing as I said to those who were pronouncing the season over

5 games

The defense appears much better

Tyrod is struggling a bit

Our running game is kicking butt

but.....its only 5 games

look at you.

ill hold steady at my "this team is built to be a little bit of a roller coaster" commentary. we should win a good number of games, but we will probably be very frustrating a lot of weeks. itll be a matter of how many many of those frustrating weeks we can steal a win in.

Right here boss.

We finish 10-6, I'm more than happy to change my tag name. Hell, I'll let someone else pick it.

However, it's 5 games and we've shown we can also play like the worst team in the league. We can easily still finish at 8-8. How quickly we forget our 5-2 starts that still ended in futility.

Regardless, what's thrilling about this post is the superiority without backing. You are gloating after 5 games? I think you forget two things:

1 - We are the losingist franchise in all of sports (playoff drought) until proven otherwise. We've been teased before and I'm actually really impressed with the "one game at a time" attitude that most posters are keeping to. Not too hyped, not too down.

2 - Everyone on here is a fan and want what's best for the team. Everyone who wants to FireRex, draft a QB, trade Sammy all want the same thing; a winning team. We are allowed to have different opinions. So, if this is how you get your jollies, more power to you.

But I'll make you a bet. We make the playoffs, you can pick my screen name. We don't, I pick yours. Deal?

All very true. He have yet to play a playoff looking team this year (with their starting QB). I guess you could say Baltimore and we lost that one....

Just a tip: never create a screen name that revolves around hiring or firing a coach or player!!

My favorite was always the guy whose screen name was like "draft Drew Stanton." :D

That's not fair. You took the best possible avatar photo, so what choice did I have?

i will stand up as one who still wants to fire Rex. Don't like the guy, never will. I am not counting these wins as quality wins, and the toughest part of Bills schedule is still ahead. The schedule BTW, that the Jets have just endured. I don't think Rex is up to the challenge against Tomlin, Carroll, Hoodie,Del Rio.. heck even Lewis and Bradely I think will out coach him. But we shall see.

I am more than a bit scared he may get outcoached by Kelly this weekend...he sure as chit did last year in Philly.

All that being said...i will root like crazy for them even with Rex as the coach.

Which I think is the MOST fortunate thing about this year, the schedule (and team issues like Brady out, the Rams D line out, etc.) have given this team a chance to at least find its footing.

I think it was Belichick that said you don't really know what you have in a team until after the first four games. After 5 let's hope that we're seeing something closer to the "real" Bills than the first couple games.

I for one am excited to see how things confine to grow...

Right here boss.

We finish 10-6, I'm more than happy to change my tag name. Hell, I'll let someone else pick it.

However, it's 5 games and we've shown we can also play like the worst team in the league. We can easily still finish at 8-8. How quickly we forget our 5-2 starts that still ended in futility.

Regardless, what's thrilling about this post is the superiority without backing. You are gloating after 5 games? I think you forget two things:

1 - We are the losingist franchise in all of sports (playoff drought) until proven otherwise. We've been teased before and I'm actually really impressed with the "one game at a time" attitude that most posters are keeping to. Not too hyped, not too down.

2 - Everyone on here is a fan and want what's best for the team. Everyone who wants to FireRex, draft a QB, trade Sammy all want the same thing; a winning team. We are allowed to have different opinions. So, if this is how you get your jollies, more power to you.

But I'll make you a bet. We make the playoffs, you can pick my screen name. We don't, I pick yours. Deal?

Ha!!!! Nice bet.

The defense looking good against Brisset, .Palmer and Keenum....?

I'm not trolling but " Fool me once shame on you, fool me 17 times I just might be a koolaid drinking Bills fan."

3-13 is what I'm hoping for but I am also not even watching this year as I could see this coming from a mile away. T

Last thought, How good does that 9-7 season feel two years later? What value does it have now?

Where are we in 2 years if they managed to eke 9-7 out again?

Ha!!!! Nice bet.

I'm not trolling but " Fool me once shame on you, fool me 17 times I just might be a koolaid drinking Bills fan."

3-13 is what I'm hoping for but I am also not even watching this year as I could see this coming from a mile away. T

Last thought, How good does that 9-7 season feel two years later? What value does it have now?

Oh how the winds blow!

Anyway, many more games to go. D looks sharp against Brisket and Keenum, no doubt. 2 good opportunities to pump themselves up a bit and they took advantage of that, to the team's credit.

TT's fine. I don't think he will be the deciding factor if the fortunes of the Bills go south this season.

I feel like this thread is a bit reactionary. FireRex has done a great job with his game observation posts and I think it's too soon to be calling for anyone to eat crow after 3 wins. I certainly hope the defense continues to tighten up and that Tyrod can show some MUCH NEEDED progression. If we see those two things I would feel a lot better about this team. 4/10 for 22 yards (according to the presser on OBD) in the second half isn't stellar QB play.

Ha!!!! Nice bet.

Ha!!!! Nice bet.

I'm gonna go get the papers...the papers.

Which I think is the MOST fortunate thing about this year, the schedule (and team issues like Brady out, the Rams D line out, etc.) have given this team a chance to at least find its footing.

I think it was Belichick that said you don't really know what you have in a team until after the first four games. After 5 let's hope that we're seeing something closer to the "real" Bills than the first couple games.

I for one am excited to see how things confine to grow...

I am excited as well, i so want to see them win the next two games...games that everyone says they should win. Give those two and the Bengals...maybe, just maybe, i start to admit i am wrong on Rex. But i don't think we get the next two.

It's funny how the defense has played 1000x better since Rex stopped calling plays. Maybe Rex has learned that being the leader means letting your talented staff do their job.

That's a great freaking point i have not considered before :thumbsup:

Just sayin'.

The Bills have now beaten the Patriots (4-1), the Cards, and the Rams (3-2).

It's looking like a two horse race in the AFCE with NE at 4-1, Buffalo at 3-2 (with the head to head advantage over NE and the second game vs NE at Buffalo), Miami at 1-4, and NYJ at 1-4.

Upcoming games include SF at Buffalo and at Miami, two very winnable games for the Bills. Then the Bills play a big game vs NE at Buffalo, which could greatly decide their fate in the long run.

BTW, the Bills will have added Dareus, Henderson, and Sh. Lawson to a team that is already on the rise.

It's amazing how things can turn around when you have a lil faith.

Years and years and years of faith can turn into cynicism after a while. It was looking terrible... and who knew the keys were firing Roman and Rex allowing others to actually run the defense? It's definitely no thanks to Dareus or Henderson or others not playing.

Let's see where we are in December. Meanwhile, I'm pleased to see them win. And I still think hiring Rex was a terrible mistake.

same.

i like the winning streak.

still not onboard with Rex and his cast of characters.

Brady was out, The Rams aren't a very good team, and Carson Palmer is a frickin' geriatric case...

When we're 12-4 with a first round Bye, I'll be the FIRST person with my hat off to Rex *(gulp)* and Rob... 10-6 with a wildcard berth is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM standard....