Bills vs. 49ers History

NFL Week 6 Maps

vrsyh5.jpg

FOX Broadcast Team
Play-by-Play: Dick Stockton
Color Analyst: David Diehl

Sideline: Kristina Pink

ESPN: Niners hope time away will help them turn things around

In 2015, the Niners managed to get their second win in Week 6. They hope to do the same this year after getting some extra time off.

Mike Rodak

Rex Ryan on 49ers next Sunday: "We don't know who their QB will be. It might be John Brodie." Makes reference to 49ers quarterback of 1960s.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really just hope Lynn realizes the running game is leaving production on the field by not giving MG more carries.

lol. How much "production" do you want? They ran for almost 200 yards.

Or was that sarcastic? :huh:

Edited by vincec

Yeah, can't fault the numbers. I would like to see some more 'pounding' inside runs with a bigger back, to grind it out at the end of the game, though. McCoy is a wonderful homerun hitter, but sometimes we just need to get 3 tough yards, and that's not something he's great at.

I really just hope Lynn realizes the running game is leaving production on the field by not giving MG more carries.

lol. How much "production" do you want? They ran for almost 200 yards.

Or was that sarcastic? :huh:

It's a dig at posts by BADOL stating that Shady sucks and needs to sit in favor of MG.

@evansilva

#49ers have given up 4 straight 100-yard rushers: Foz Whittaker 16-100 Christ Michael 20-106-2 Zeke Elliott 23-138-1 David Johnson 27-157-2

@RyanTalbotBills

Ryan Talbot Retweeted Evan Silva

I hate when the Bills are favorites. It seems like they are always too immature to deal with the success and keep it rolling. Especially, after the last time the 9ers came to town with Mike singletary as coach. That was a terrible loss. I hope I'm wrong. But being a true bills fan for only 12 years (I'm 25 years old), I won't believe the team is better until they've proven it.

I hate when the Bills are favorites. It seems like they are always too immature to deal with the success and keep it rolling. Especially, after the last time the 9ers came to town with Mike singletary as coach. That was a terrible loss. I hope I'm wrong. But being a true bills fan for only 12 years (I'm 25 years old), I won't believe the team is better until they've proven it.

Get that BBFS looked at by a professional.

Every time I read this statement I think it's kind of a loser mentality. You practice to be a winner, you play to be a winner but with the mentality that you still have to go out there and perform. You don't build a winner mentality by preferring the underdog tag.

The niners right now are 31st in run defense. Let's not over think this: heavy sets with 6 OL, Felton lead blocking and Shady pounding the rock.

I kept hearing we used the pistol yesterday too. Has anyone done a writeup? I miss the ones Quinn used to do.

I think Roman had a tendency to overthink things. Lynn has shown the same propensity.

Lynn seems to like the obvious: do what you're good at; attack where they're weak.

I think Roman had a tendency to overthink things. Lynn has shown the same propensity.

Lynn seems to like the obvious: do what you're good at; attack where they're weak.

I think there's a contradiction in there :P

But yeah, Lynn went "they are missing 3 DL starters and have a bad linebacker group? Let's let Felton and Shady smash it up the middle."

I think you mean "hasn't" -- I hope?

Mike Rodak

Rex Ryan on 49ers next Sunday: "We don't know who their QB will be. It might be John Brodie." Makes reference to 49ers quarterback of 1960s.

Rex has an incredible historical knowledge of the NFL. It really shows that despite the bumbling blowhard image some get from his shtick, he really is an intelligent fellow.

[edited to remove picture, etc.]

Edited by dulles

The niners right now are 31st in run defense. Let's not over think this: heavy sets with 6 OL, Felton lead blocking and Shady pounding the rock.

I kept hearing we used the pistol yesterday too. Has anyone done a writeup? I miss the ones Quinn used to do.

I believe overthinking this is exactly what you're doing here. Their run defense is lousy, which i think means our normal great running attack should do very well. No need to go with your suggested lineup. Still need to keep our passing options open.

Every time I read this statement I think it's kind of a loser mentality. You practice to be a winner, you play to be a winner but with the mentality that you still have to go out there and perform. You don't build a winner mentality by preferring the underdog tag.

Both are true.

A playoff team wins the ones they should - even the ugly ones like yesterday's.

They are favored this week, as they should be. As they accumulate wins, they will be favored more often.

They need to win this one like the last 3 - one play at a time.

Rex has an incredible historical knowledge of the NFL. It really shows that despite the bumbling blowhard image some get from his shtick, he really is an intelligent fellow.

The real buffoons are the fans and media who consistently misinterpret Rex's personality as a sign he lacks intelligence.

I've heard buzz that Kaep is starting. Give him the Brisset treatment ?

We've gotten pretty good at playing defense against one dimensional teams - Brisset, Keenum, etc. Did you hear Robey-Coleman's postgame interview? He said they knew they wouldn't throw deep. He said they were just waiting on all the quick outs. Rex was crowding the box, forcing them to go away from Gurley - the only true threat to the Bills. I think Buffalo should be in good shape against the '49ers.

John Brodie was the QB for the 49ers in 1972 when the Bills beat a pre-merger NFL team for the first time. I was at that game, played in War Memorial Stadium.

John Brodie was the QB for the 49ers in 1972 when the Bills beat a pre-merger NFL team for the first time. I was at that game, played in War Memorial Stadium.

I'm just glad that he, Ted Kwalick, and Gene Washington aren't playing for them this Sunday.

John Brodie was my favorite QB when I was a little kid. Those Niner teams deserved better: Gene Washington (great WR), Brodie, Ted Kwalick (TE), great old Charlie Kruger on the D line (the last D lineman not to wear at least a half face mask if I remember correctly). Glad to hear Rex remembers too.

EDIT: 26 Corner Blitz, you beat me to it. :beer:

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Don't love being heavy favorites here. The turnovers have been going in our favor this year and they gotta be diligent of that vs the 49ers. If SF leaves the game + in turnovers i bet they have a good chance to win.

It's the NFL, anyone can beat anyone.

One thing the Bills can control...play ferocious defense. Don't let SF get any momentum offensively.

Don't love being heavy favorites here. The turnovers have been going in our favor this year and they gotta be diligent of that vs the 49ers. If SF leaves the game + in turnovers i bet they have a good chance to win.

It's the NFL, anyone can beat anyone.

One thing the Bills can control...play ferocious defense. Don't let SF get any momentum offensively.

Get the jump on em and don't let up. Real QB's kneel with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Chip Kelly: 'I don't send messages through the media'
Coach Chip Kelly has assured his players that if he makes a change at quarterback he'll share the decision with them first.

49ers 'hopeful' that DT DeForest Buckner will return this week
DeForest Buckner, a key part of the Niners' defense who missed Thursday's game, should benefit from the extra rest and be good to go, says Chip Kelly.

Only for a few plays, nothing significant happened with any of them so I doubt it would be worth it