Jets message board RE: Fitz

Thirdborn

You mean this: 8d0c9d89fb846fa379f34d5739fceb86.jpg

After The Bills did such a job on them in the season ender last year, Fitz and the JESTS org were super motivated to play The Bills. This week, their mo went missing and the air went out of Fitz's balls.

Edited by Nanker

Good old Fitz, and some here still wanted him back... Makes me wonder how long those people have been Bills fans.

One thing I know it is Fitz always shows why he isn't a starting QB.

Did or does anyone here want Fitz back as a starting QB? I thought the point was some of us feel he would have been a better choice as a vet fill-in than Kolb or Orton - tough enough to stay in the game, and actually try for the 1st down. Which, one must acknowledge as points.

He had a horrid day. But then, so did Carson Palmer :rolleyes:

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I watched a lot of that game. Fitz was bad but the team overall looked completely unprepared and unmotivated - after 10 days rest! . As crazy as it sounds I really think Last week vs Bills was their SB, I thought it at the time and it looked that way yesterday. Bad job out of Bowles.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I watched a lot of that game. Fitz was bad but the team overall looked completely unprepared and unmotivated - after 10 days rest! . As crazy as it sounds I really think Last week vs Bills was their SB, I thought it at the time and it looked that way yesterday. Bad job out of Bowles.

Honestly, the Chiefs should have scored more on offense against them as well. They moved the ball with short passes but then decided to run, which they couldn't. Also, that call when Ware fumbled the ball while extending for the goal line. I hate that call but they left points on the field there.

After The Bills did such a job on them in the season ender last year, Fitz and the JESTS org were super motivated to play The Bills. This week, their mo went missing and the air went out of Fitz's balls.

I don't get why this is funny. Maybe someone could use small words and explain it to me.

I really like this one though

14441157_980955835365237_990405493192974

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I don't know where people get this idea that it's reasonable to expect a QB that never makes mistakes or has bad games. There are like 2-3 guys in the league that one could accurately say make few mistakes and has few bad games. Unless you have one of those guys, your QB is going to cost you a game sometimes. It's just hilarious seeing some on that forum argue that Smith or Petty or Hack would give them better chances on average.

Honestly, the same thing is happening with Cardinals fans right now. Palmer had a bad game and now apparently he is bad and the Cardinals are going to be bad as long as he's the QB. Never mind the totality of what that team has done since Arians took over.

Edited by SoFFacet

He normalized. I thought it would happen in the second half of TNF, instead he did it over the course of two games. We just got him at his best.

Kinda pissed me off Big Cat, we coulda used those picks and that W but, then again if he played like that, GRo might have stayed and we would have never giving a chance to Anthony "Super Cooter" Lynne.

Everyone guy is now on bust, according to their board.

Dude have you seen their QBs? Hacken hasnt been exposed to trial by fire yet but They arent lying :lol:

I thought the same. I knew they were gonna come in against us totally pissed. Its pretty much the way we played them wk17, that was our super bowl last year, it was also the Jets but they didnt notice till they lost it! :lol::lol:

Did or does anyone here want Fitz back as a starting QB? I thought the point was some of us feel he would have been a better choice as a vet fill-in than Kolb or Orton - tough enough to stay in the game, and actually try for the 1st down. Which, one must acknowledge as points.

He had a horrid day. But then, so did Carson Palmer :rolleyes:

I believe Yeezuz MAJb and a few others would take Fitz back to get rid of TT. Lol isnt that right you guys?

ESPN: Fitzpatrick threw six (yes, six!) interceptions in the New York Jets' 24-3 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. He is the first quarterback to throw zero pass touchdowns and six interceptions in a single game since Tom Tupa in 1989.

This after carving up our secondary like a juicy turkey.

WTH?

ESPN: Fitzpatrick threw six (yes, six!) interceptions in the New York Jets' 24-3 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. He is the first quarterback to throw zero pass touchdowns and six interceptions in a single game since Tom Tupa in 1989.

This after carving up our secondary like a juicy turkey.WTH?

This is the NFL crazy **** happens in the start of the year.

I couldn't agree with you more. I feel they were out for revenge Thursday after last year. They were very motivated and it was evident. They seemed to lose that focus this week.

I don't know where people get this idea that it's reasonable to expect a QB that never makes mistakes or has bad games. There are like 2-3 guys in the league that one could accurately say make few mistakes and has few bad games. Unless you have one of those guys, your QB is going to cost you a game sometimes. It's just hilarious seeing some on that forum argue that Smith or Petty or Hack would give them better chances on average.

Honestly, the same thing is happening with Cardinals fans right now. Palmer had a bad game and now apparently he is bad and the Cardinals are going to be bad as long as he's the QB. Never mind the totality of what that team has done since Arians took over.

How long have you been a Bills fan? Long enough for when he played here? I ask, because if you were a fan when he was our QB then you would know that Fitz is more bad than good. The year he took over in season for Tentative Trent, his first or second full game was against Balt. Because he threw 4TD's everyone ignored that he also threw 2 INT's that led to us losing that game, including one with the game on the line. He would go on to have game after game with just 1 TD...but all anyone could talk about was his 4TD's against Balt D. Then he has an atrocious 3 INT first half against the Bengals...the Bengals lose both their starting corners during the first half, and Fitz comes back and finishes the game with 4TD's. Again...all you here about is the 4 TD's...not how atrocious he was before Cincy lost 2 starting DB's by half time. He would go on to have low performing games with I don't think any more multi TD games. Offense was anemic under him, but still, because he amassed 8 TD's in games he played bad in as well, his year end total looked solid and everyone swore he was so good.

Then the next season starts, and he starts ok until he proves he sucks again. He literally would get behind big in games, then rack up a bunch of yards and TD's in blow out losses at the end. This is exactly the same time that Stevie would also miraculously get yards and production too. Funny, neither of them got the job done against good teams or when the games mattered. He would again have respectable year end TD totals, but week to week, he wasn't very good, the offense was NOT consistent and Stevie also was just as worthless when the games mattered.

Never seen 2 guys disappear in important moments as much as Fitz and Stevie. Fitz however, not only doesn't step up in those moments, he also hurts the team in those moments with frequent mistakes. As a Jet last year, it was the same thing...when they needed the wins, the mistake prone Fitz showed up. Fitz isn't good at beating good teams, he can, but he wont do it consistently.

He is tough as nails, a competitor, and a respected man in the locker room...but his resume as an NFL QB is marginal at best. There is a reason QB needy teams keep dumping him like Buffalo, Texans, Titans, and even the Jets didn't want him back because they didn't think he was worth the money. He made a nice career from himself financially, so big kudos to him, and I am sure he's a great guy off the field...but I would never want him ever again as my starting QB. Would take him as a backup, he's a great backup...but I have no interest in my teams season resting on his arm.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Didn't Joe Fergunson have like 3 or 4 games with 5 interceptions for the Bills. I know Flores threw 5 picks once.

Yes and the pitchfork carriers are using same pitchforks with rusty shaken off (off pitchforks not brains).

I noticed that we did our Jacksonville imitation last week were fans dressed as empty seats.

This after carving up our secondary like a juicy turkey.

WTH?

Wasnt Tom Tupa a punter??