the Myles Jack Irony

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It rots my socks to see Myles "big draft risk, knee injury" playing for the Jaguars tonight while our top 2 draft choices languish in the infirmary.

That is all

Whaley is not responsible for Ragland, who knows how long Jack will play. Lawson will be fine and know one knows how good any of these players will be.

Yes, that was a big conversation piece, pre-draft. The thought was that he' d be a stud but lucky to last 3 or 4 years max. Time will tell.

The average lifespan of an nfl player is around 3.3 yrs., I believe. Don't know if that would be on the minds of GMs when the draft comes about.

The average lifespan of an nfl player is around 3.3 yrs., I believe. Don't know if that would be on the minds of GMs when the draft comes about.

When you draft a guy in the top 15 you expect him to play 8-10 years. The reason the average is around 3 is so many players play 1-2. The average for starting players is much higher.

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

Precisely. It's a black fly in your chardonnay

The big risk with Jack is that by the time he gets accustomed to the NFL (in 3yrs) his knee will be gone.

Top draft picks supposed to come in ready to play, and 1st contracts only 4 years with an option for 5. Before the draft, there was all stuff about whether his rehab was going ultra-badly and he would be out at least a year. Then right before the draft, he would be ready day 1 but might need microfracture surgery some time in the future. Then the day after round 1, word was publicized from James Andrews no surgery needed.