the Myles Jack Irony

This from lame duck HC Bradley:

“I would say the last two weeks he has really grown. He’s really grown as far as being in shape..."

Umm, what? The guy wasn't in shape?

Hope Gus has got British Airways on speed dial. He might need to book his own flight home at short notice on Sunday.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you even talking about?!?! Myles isn't even playing, and he's HEALTHY. Does anyone actually look into anything before they comment around here?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711720/article/why-isnt-myles-jack-playing-in-jacksonville

More importantly, everyone passed on Myles over the CAREER risk. Other teams ahead of us passed on Shaq because of the shoulder issue, but that issue is no where near the risk of Myles long term risk which is why Shaq instead of being a projected top 8 player was projected a little later in the first which is where he went. Shaq's issue was ONLY about short term availability, not a career threatening situation.

Second, Ragland's injury had exactly zero to do with anything regarding the draft. It happens to rookies, veterans, HOFers, etc every single year. He didn't get hurt because of draft night risk, so comparing it or being upset about it just ridiculous. Especially to a guy who isn't playing while healthy.

And Shaq will be back soon, and I am willing to bet he will have the better career and most certainly the better overall season.

What are you even talking about?!?! Myles isn't even playing, and he's HEALTHY. Does anyone actually look into anything before they comment around here?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711720/article/why-isnt-myles-jack-playing-in-jacksonville

More importantly, everyone passed on Myles over the CAREER risk. Other teams ahead of us passed on Shaq because of the shoulder issue, but that issue is no where near the risk of Myles long term risk which is why Shaq instead of being a projected top 8 player was projected a little later in the first which is where he went. Shaq's issue was ONLY about short term availability, not a career threatening situation.

Second, Ragland's injury had exactly zero to do with anything regarding the draft. It happens to rookies, veterans, HOFers, etc every single year. He didn't get hurt because of draft night risk, so comparing it or being upset about it just ridiculous. Especially to a guy who isn't playing while healthy.

And Shaq will be back soon, and I am willing to bet he will have the better career and most certainly the better overall season.

It's easy to be confused when you don't check the dates.

So the most hyped about LB in the draft, that was "start ready" has been a healthy scratch mostly? da !@#$? someone wanna explain this to me?

I don't follow college football at all but there was someone here that day saying the Bills were passing on Ray Lewis. They had me convinced the Bills were messing up (not easy to get me to that place on draft day).

I don't follow college football at all but there was someone here that day saying the Bills were passing on Ray Lewis. They had me convinced the Bills were messing up (not easy to get me to that place on draft day).

yep yep I seem to remember Doug Whaley taking a LOT of heat for not taking some of these guys that not playing or not playing well....

Now.....they might turn it up.....by the end of the season or even next year they might be good players

but

That was the whole point of taking Shaq Lawson.....the idea that if his shoulder was fixed you might be getting a blue chipper with that pick in the latter part of the first round

I eagerly await....and had no problem with the Shaq Lawson pick...our new toy will get rolled out in a few weeks

That was the whole point of taking Shaq Lawson.....

No the point was to draft an immediate starter.

Same with Ragland.

Lawson wasn't a bargain due to injury.........the Bills drafted him about where he would have gone without injury..........because they didn't think the injury was a concern.

They were wrong.

But as I said all along........it was foolish to draft rookies and EXPECT them to start inside in Rex Ryan's complex D.

They are likely better off without having them starting early in the season.

They've missed Dareus.......not those guys.

No the point was to draft an immediate starter.

Same with Ragland.

Lawson wasn't a bargain due to injury.........the Bills drafted him about where he would have gone without injury..........because they didn't think the injury was a concern.

They were wrong.

But as I said all along........it was foolish to draft rookies and EXPECT them to start inside in Rex Ryan's complex D.

They are likely better off without having them starting early in the season.

They've missed Dareus.......not those guys.

I am not disputing that.....I think that sprinkling in rooks with veterans is a great idea....even when Shaq comes back it should be a platoon of him with Lorax

The point was to draft the best guy on the board... and when the Bills picked that guy was Shaq Lawson.

If so then I think his position on the board was based in great part upon need.

You know as well as I do that this team drafts too much for need.

I'm not saying they are alone in that.......and QB and coaching issues have been the far greater issue.........but this has not been a good BPA drafting team......at least not in years where they have their full allotment of early round picks. :beer:

If so then I think his position on the board was based in great part upon need.

You know as well as I do that this team drafts too much for need.

I'm not saying they are alone in that.......and QB and coaching issues have been the far greater issue.........but this has not been a good BPA drafting team......at least not in years where they have their full allotment of early round picks. :beer:

I would say that they go BPA later in the draft and draft more for need in early rounds.....but I would say that most teams do that

I don't think Ragland is even relevant in your argument. He was taken with the 41st pick after the Bills traded up 8 spots with Chicago giving up two 4ths in the process. Buffalo contacted every team in the second round starting with Cleveland attempting to move up and Chicago was the first taker. So Buffalo couldn't have gotten Jack with their second round pick. Then the question becomes should they have drafted him with their first round pick instead of Shaq Lawson? This is the Myles Jack that every single team in the first round passed on. So if we were wrong, everyone else was wrong as well.

Every other team in the league has been to the playoffs and im sure had winning seasons since our last one as well.