Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Sabres were much better this past season and the Jets were much worse. I don't know how much it had to do with this trade, but you make trades to get better.

Kane (Lots of talent on the ice, idiot off the ice...)

Zach Bogosian (good solid D)

Jason Kasdorf (throw in, nothing special)

Tyler Myers (could be really good, still a question mark, would rather have Bogosian at this point)

Drew Stafford (meh with the Sabres, needed a change of scenery and did have a good year with the Jets)

Brendan Lemieux (didn't want to play for Buffalo)

Joel Armia (ok, nothing special)

first round pick (that sucks)

If they buy out Kane, the key is Myers...If Myers becomes the player most think he can be, the trade will haunt GMTM forever. if Myers continues to be average with a flash of greatness here or there, it's still a bad trade, but not that bad...

Edited by ricojes

“I think now that they want to pull the plug on it. He’s not going to be easy to give away. I don’t even know if you can give that guy away with all this baggage, but that’s what’s coming from your GM from an agent I was talking to. So there will be big things coming up in Buffalo.” – Laraque

looks like I may have been right , eh Eball :flirt: (not a trade but getting rid trash)

Don't count your chickens...you've got a blogger quoting a former player who says the Sabres "might" consider moving Kane. I'll wait for something a little more concrete.

Don't count your chickens...you've got a blogger quoting a former player who says the Sabres "might" consider moving Kane. I'll wait for something a little more concrete.

ye but my point is it's time to take the garbage out

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

@BuffaloSabres

#SabresDevCamp starts next week! All on-ice sessions open to the public. ROSTER & SCHEDULE: http://bufsabres.co/devcamp

CmO0AVYWAAA43yB.jpg

IT'S OFFICIAL: Defenseman Jake McCabe has signed a 3-year contract extension: http://bufsabres.co/UO6nSy

CmPWcL7WEAAwJe_.jpg

Welcome back, Cole Schneider! The Williamsville native has signed a 1-year, 2-way contract: http://bufsabres.co/Hvjbgo

CmPXwBpWcAED0BS.jpg

What do you guys think about possibly re-signing Jamie McGinn? Apparently he got on Twitter today for the first time in a week and just changed his avatar to a pic of himself in a Sabres sweater.

lets hope it works better than the Moulson resigning

Laraque said that he has been told by an agent that the Sabres are looking to trade Evander Kane.

"It seems now they want to pull the plug on it. I'm not sure you could give that guy away with all his baggage

http://www.wgr550.com/Laraque-on-WGR-Sabres-trying-to-trade-Evander-Kane/22797023

I'm not against trading him but he's a top line winger. That's not easy to replace and we would be trading from a position of weakness.

That's a huge hole to replace if traded and there is no way they get anywhere close to his value in a trade. But these are all rumors, every team knows about Kane's struggles off the ice and will fleece the Sabres in a trade. I think if they really want him gone, they try at the trade deadline or expose him to the expansion draft. He would probably love to play for Vegas...

That's a huge hole to replace if traded and there is no way they get anywhere close to his value in a trade. But these are all rumors, every team knows about Kane's struggles off the ice and will fleece the Sabres in a trade. I think if they really want him gone, they try at the trade deadline or expose him to the expansion draft. He would probably love to play for Vegas...

i was thinking about exposing him in the expansion draft as well.

My $$ is still on Okposo as the most likely FA signing for Buffalo.

Great complement to Eichel as a digger and a scorer.

Sign Vesey and that's a heckuva 2nd line behind Kane-ROR-Samson.

Have Zemgus center Ennis and Foligno and you've got a real solid top-9.

Even a 4th line of Gionta-Larsson-Deslauriers/Bailey/Fasching looks nice.

My $$ is still on Okposo as the most likely FA signing for Buffalo.

Great complement to Eichel as a digger and a scorer.

Sign Vesey and that's a heckuva 2nd line behind Kane-ROR-Samson.

Have Zemgus center Ennis and Foligno and you've got a real solid top-9.

Even a 4th line of Gionta-Larsson-Deslauriers/Bailey/Fasching looks nice.

A player whose name has been mentioned on WGR (speculation game) is Vanek. He is one of the most talented players at re-directing pucks around the net. As a second line forward on the power play unit that skill set would be an asset.

I agree with you that Okposo would be an excellent fallback position for the Stamkos failed pursuit.

What will bolster this team, maybe even more than new additions, is internal improvement and luck. Can Ennis regain his form and find linemates who are a good fit for him? Foligno periodically makes scintillating plays but can he smooth out his game and consistently play at a high level? Zemgus is more of a third line center (as you noted) but playing with better playmakers he should/could be more productive.

You unintentionally bring up an intriguing issue? Should Rheinhart be on a line with O'Reilly or Eichel?

If Vesey is added to the roster I will consider this offseason a big success.

Okposo to Bflo rumors heating up

You are raising my expectations. If this acquisition doesn't materialize I will hold you accountable for my personal deflation! :pirate:

It's amazing how so many people make judgments on assumptions without regard to the actual facts. The moralists are more than willing to condemn people for something that they think has happened when in reality they don't know what actually happened. Letting the process run its course is not only a cliche but it is also the right thing to do.

Edited by JohnC

A player whose name has been mentioned on WGR (speculation game) is Vanek. He is one of the most talented players at re-directing pucks around the net. As a second line forward on the power play unit that skill set would be an asset.

I agree with you that Okposo would be an excellent fallback position for the Stamkos failed pursuit.

What will bolster this team, maybe even more than new additions, is internal improvement and luck. Can Ennis regain his form and find linemates who are a good fit for him? Foligno periodically makes scintillating plays but can he smooth out his game and consistently play at a high level? Zemgus is more of a third line center (as you noted) but playing with better playmakers he should/could be more productive.

You unintentionally bring up an intriguing issue? Should Rheinhart be on a line with O'Reilly or Eichel?

If Vesey is added to the roster I will consider this offseason a big success.

You are raising my expectations. If this acquisition doesn't materialize I will hold you accountable for my personal deflation! :pirate:

Well, the team seems to be intent on playing Samson on one of the "top 2" lines; I don't think so rigidly.

IMO, I think balance in the top 3 lines is more important. I'd probably pair a guy like Bailey with ROR and Kane, leaving Vesey and Okposo (assumptions obviously) with Eichel. That allows Reinhart to center Girgensons and Ennis, bumping Foligno to the 4th line with Gionta and Larsson.

I think that's a more balanced, consistent lineup. Now I understand that it requires guys like Bailey and Ennis to make certain strides, but it clearly offers the most scoring potential IMO.

I wouldn't bet on Vanek. :rolleyes:

Doesn't strike me as a Murray guy at all

Guest on GR 550 said Okposo wants 7 years $ 7M per

I would not trade Kane unless someone gave a fair return for him. The Sabres gave up a lot to get him.

Edited by ALF

Yeah, appears as though the market for Kane right now is non-existent.

I think the market is there, he's a very good player with off ice issues, that's not going to scare away too many GM's. The problem is that every team hears the rumors that the Sabres are looking to deal him because of this off ice issue, which makes a fair or close to even trade all but impossible. But don't be fooled thinking many teams wouldn't want him on their team, off ice issues and all...

Jimmy Vesey update, Joe Haggerty the Bruins beat reporter was doing a radio show this morning and reaffirmed his stance that Jimmy is more likely to sign in Buffalo. He commented on Vesey and his family not liking how Jimmy Hayes was treated last year and the pressure he faced (Hayes is from Boston). This goes with the local stuff I have heard about Vesey's dad not wanting him to sign here and play under Julien.