Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

When you read that it appears that he's spinning out of control. Don't know how GMTM can get him back on the right path.

It's up to the player, isn't it? JSP seems to have hit the nail on the head. If true, what he did is troubling to say the least.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you read that it appears that he's spinning out of control. Don't know how GMTM can get him back on the right path.

If indeed what's being reported by sources is accurate, then yeah, he's got a major issue.

It's up to the player, isn't it? JSP seems to have hit the nail on the head. If true, what he did is troubling to say the least.

Yes, it's absolutely up to him. He needs to get help.

Dude's gotta get sober, that's the bottom line.

@news4buffalo

#Sabres winger @evanderkane_9 will face non-criminal harassment charges related a June incident at a #Buffalo bar.

He'd better get some help and do it quickly before he self destructs.

Sabres trade rumor getting some play: Sabres to trade Ennis and Franzen for Rick Nash.

Bet it or forget it?

TM is less committed to players that he hasn't selected. In many other rumored deals Ennis's name was whispered as part of the deals. I'm a fan of Ennis but my suspicions are that Murray would rather have Nash on his roster than Ennis.

So if I understand the Vesey situation no other team can really offer him more money than Buffalo after August 15, so it all comes down to which organization he wants to play for?

I'd have to think the Sabres are still in the driver's seat, even if he follows through on wanting to talk to other teams first.

So if I understand the Vesey situation no other team can really offer him more money than Buffalo after August 15, so it all comes down to which organization he wants to play for?

I'd have to think the Sabres are still in the driver's seat, even if he follows through on wanting to talk to other teams first..

For the most part the issue is where does he want to play. But with respect to his contract although it is basically a standard contract there is some wiggle room due to bonuses earned for benchmarks such as goals and being rookie of the year. Some organizations are looser than others in offering bonus clauses. When Lou Lamarillo (sic) was the GM of New Jersey he was very reluctant to offer bonuses to rookies. I doubt that rigidity will apply while he is with Toronto.

For the most part the issue is where does he want to play. But with respect to his contract although it is basically a standard contract there is some wiggle room due to bonuses earned for benchmarks such as goals and being rookie of the year. Some organizations are looser than others in offering bonus clauses. When Lou Lamarillo (sic) was the GM of New Jersey he was very reluctant to offer bonuses to rookies. I doubt that rigidity will apply while he is with Toronto.

The Sabres can say "we wanted you more" because they gave up something for his rights. I don't know what that buys them, but it can't hurt.

The Sabres can say "we wanted you more" because they gave up something for his rights. I don't know what that buys them, but it can't hurt.

Getting his rights certainly isn't going to hurt but it doesn't necessarily help that much. Vesey is doing the right thing for himself by pursuing all of his options and then making a determination. Chicago, Pittsburgh and Anaheim (and more teams) are interested in securing his services. Jimmy V has to be intrigued going to cup ready contenders and playing with established great players.

I like you want him playing with the Sabres. Playing on a line with Eichert or O'Reilly centering must be enticing. But there are other enticements such as playing with Crosby or Maulkin in Pittsburgh and playing with Kane or Toews in Chicago on an already established cup contending team.

Edited by JohnC

If Kane gets traded, I would be a happy man. Just like with Marshawn, don't care how good a player he is, I no longer want to root for him. I will still celebrate I am sure when he scores a big goal, but if he gets traded and he becomes a 50'goal man somewhere else....I will still be happy with the trade.

Quick question ....why don't the Sabres let Jimmy and his agents talk with other teams now? Is there a downside to that? Can't believe there is any kind of take it or leave it offer no the table...everyone will offer the max under the CBA .

Why drag this thing out if it could possibly affects trades etc?

All ears on why not letting him talk to other teams is a win for the Sabres?

Edited by plenzmd1

Nylander scores some filthy goals in shootout at today's practice.

http://mobile.twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/751492192204578817/video/1

Absolutely filthy. I haven't seen someone in blue and gold with such silky smooth mitts and skating since Danny Briere. I'm pumped thinking of reinhart, eichel and nylander as the young forward core for next decade. Sign me up.

Absolutely filthy. I haven't seen someone in blue and gold with such silky smooth mitts and skating since Danny Briere. I'm pumped thinking of reinhart, eichel and nylander as the young forward core for next decade. Sign me up.

You haven't even seen the guy really shoot the puck yet. He's gotta wicked wrist shot.

The were definitely tourists. I've been the Director of Tourism for the Fallsview Hilton for 15 years, I can smell them at 50 paces. :)

That's awesome!.............And, when I first read your post, I thought you said Doctor of Tourism!

Getting his rights certainly isn't going to hurt but it doesn't necessarily help that much. Vesey is doing the right thing for himself by pursuing all of his options and then making a determination. Chicago, Pittsburgh and Anaheim (and more teams) are interested in securing his services. Jimmy V has to be intrigued going to cup ready contenders and playing with established great players.

I like you want him playing with the Sabres. Playing on a line with Eichert or O'Reilly centering must be enticing. But there are other enticements such as playing with Crosby or Maulkin in Pittsburgh and playing with Kane or Toews in Chicago on an already established cup contending team.

But he might want to come in on a up and comer like the Sabres than teams that have peaked and will be in decline.

@BuffaloSabres

Exciting news! We will live stream tomorrow's #BlueAndGold scrimmage. Rick Jeanneret & @duffersabres on the call.

Cm3Acb9WYAAE3ou.jpg

looks like Napoleon Dynamite in that picture

It looks like it's going to be tough to keep Nylander off the Buffalo squad. Similar to Eichel, the game just seems to slow down for him.

He's tremendously skilled but I don't think he's strong enough to deal with the NHL. He reminds me a little of Stamkos the year he was drafted.

Those who watched Nylander this week - do you think he will start out in buffalo or Rochester this season?

I didn't watch Nylander this week but from listening to WGR and some of the commentary the plan is for him to play in Rochester so that he gets plenty of playing time in all phases of the game. As with a lot of these young prospects the organization wants them to get stronger before subjecting them to the rigors of a NHL season.

The advantage of having him play in Rochester rather than he going home to play is that he would be readily available to move up to the big club if needed. There is no doubt that Nylander is a gem of a prospect. But he is not as physically developed as was Eichel in his rookie year.

Guehle is another young prospect that the organization thinks very highly of. The issue for him is the same regarding physical development. He is a tremendous talent who already may be the best/fastest skater on the team. The issue is whether he is physically developed enough to handle the rigors of a NHL season.

Edited by JohnC

ICYMI:

@NorthtownAuto

Hey @19Vesey, #Sabres fans have a message for you... #BestFansEver #290Billboard 1f64c-1f3fb.png

Cm2Lfl0WIAAmcZx.jpg

k, you guys going to make me go over to SabreSpace and enter that fray...really looking for some answers here.

Is there a reason the Sabres would not let him negotiate with everyone now? I know he can only sign with the Sabres before August 15, but seems to me dragging it out does no one any good.

If he is going to sign in Chicago lets say, he is going to sign in Chicago. If we know that July 20th, maybe Chicago will trade us a pick to get his rights so he can sign before he changes his mind. And then GMTM knows where his roster stands, and what moves he still wants to make.

Am i missing something here?

Edited by plenzmd1

k, you guys going to make me go over to SabreSpace and enter that fray...really looking for some answers here.

Is there a reason the Sabres would not let him negotiate with everyone now? I know he can only sign with the Sabres before August 15, but seems to me dragging it out does no one any good.

If he is going to sign in Chicago lets say, he is going to sign in Chicago. If we know that July 20th, maybe Chicago will trade us a pick to get his rights so he can sign before he changes his mind. And then GMTM knows where his roster stands, and what moves he still wants to make.

Am i missing something here?

Why would the Sabres give up their exclusive negotiating window after trading for his rights? No team will make a deal with GMTM at this point when they can just wait until August 15th to talk with him and his representatives without giving up any compensation if he doesn't sign with the Sabres before then.

Here's a Player's Tribune piece on Vesey from February: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jimmy-vesey-harvard-hockey/

@TBNSports

Live updates from the impaired driving trial of #Sabres' Ryan O'Reilly: http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/11/live-updates-ryan-oreillys-court-appearance/

CnF-cR_WAAAyiPE.jpg

@pham1717

Paul Hamilton Retweeted Jane Sims

According to @JaneatLFPress the Crown folded, no credible witnesses Ryan O'Reilly has been found Not Guilty

@JaneatLFPress

Not guilty! We're done

@NewsRadio930

BREAKING: #RyanOReilly ACQUITTED in drunk driving case in London. Crown says only witness could not positively ID @BuffaloSabres center.

Why would the Sabres give up their exclusive negotiating window after trading for his rights? No team will make a deal with GMTM at this point when they can just wait until August 15th to talk with him and his representatives without giving up any compensation if he doesn't sign with the Sabres before then.

Here's a Player's Tribune piece on Vesey from February: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jimmy-vesey-harvard-hockey/

Many many people that grow up in that area of the country are giant A-holes. Eichel clearly seems to be the exception despite the illegal drinking issues. This Vesey kid seems to be the rule. The NHL already owes him for bestowing his Bostonian greatness on us all? The friggin salaries are slotted. He's such an expert that he knows what teams will be better over the course of his career? He could be a really good player but he was already a locker room disruption for Nashville and he is turning into the same for Buffalo. And this is going to stop after he signs somewhere? i doubt it. Typical M@$$hole. Pass.

I have nothing against TM for taking a shot with the draft pick trade. It was worth a flyer. He got to talk to the kid and I'm sure he realizes by now that he burned a pick. No biggie.

Here is my reasoning...and you have to take Vesey at his word he is going to UFA with no chance of signing with Sabres before 08/15.Also take him at his word he will give you a decision on a team in one weeks time if you allow him to speak with other teams before 08/15.

Now, let's say i am Chicago GM and on 7/20 Vesey tells Blackhawks are the choice....I think i would give a 4 to the Sabres so i can do immediately and not wait another 30 days...anything can go wrong in 30 days. Does that not make sense?

All this is predicated on the fact the money is essentially the same from all teams, so no fear of "this offer could go down"..he knows that not the case.

I just dont see what waiting to 08/15 buys the Sabres

I just dont see what waiting to 08/15 buys the Sabres

I agree. Letting him talk to other teams could buy some goodwill but M@$$holes are not usually swayed by goodwill. Personally I think they should just renounce their rights altogether.

Letting it be known now that we don't want him is good for the rest of the roster to see. We want guys that want to play in Buffalo and play as part of a team. Let douches like this go to Boston or Toronto or Philly.