Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SabresPR

Full audio of Tim Murray's July 1 media availability can be found at Sabres Digital Press Box

MURRAY: "Kyle was at the top of our list." Asked about missing out on Stamkos.

MURRAY: "He wasn't picky between Ryan or Jack."

MURRAY: "This shows that we are a destination for players. He's a hell of a player. He's a goal scorer and has a power forward's body."

MURRAY: "He didn't have a choice of 30 teams. But a lot of teams were interested and he chose to come here."

MURRAY: On Vesey, "Will go next week to meet with him. Tell him how much we need him."

MURRAY: "It was one conversation on the phone. We got a call back from his agent saying he really liked the call, and had interest in us."

MURRAY: "I didn't have to sell him on Buffalo, I didn't have to sell him on Buffalo as a city, I had to sell on the organization."

MURRAY: "I thought I had a goalie done, I had a verbal agreement and it was reneged upon."

MURRAY: "It was not Chad Johnson who reneged upon our agreement."

MURRAY: "It has never happened to me, I called the GM he signed with to tell him my story, he had a similar story." On Goalie reneging.

MURRAY: "We've called and thanked Stamkos' agency for allowing a meeting with us. He's a great young man, and it was a great experience."

MURRAY: "I like our top-6 forwards a lot. I think we're competitive with a lot of the teams in the league."

MURRAY on Risto talks: "We have a number we know we are traveling to. He told us he wants to be here, and we want him to be here."

MURRAY: "We are going down the road of a long term deal. If there are bumps in talks we may do bridge, but we want to get long term done."

MURRAY: "We worked a long time on Jake's deal. Went back and forth for a while. I think both sides are very happy with the deal."

MURRAY: "Cole's a local kid, played a few years in Binghamton. He's a very talented, smart hockey player, he's been in the gym since May."

MURRAY: "Cole is working out supervised now. He's going to come in bigger, stronger and faster than before."

MURRAY: "We have a few more depth guys to sign for sure. A couple more targets that we'd call depth guys, and the goalie situation."

MURRAY: "It is a very serious charge and we take it very seriously, but I want to wait and see if he's been charged and if he's guilty."

MURRAY: "Kane needs to pick and choose his spots when he goes out much better, and he needs to behave himself much better when he does."

MURRAY: "We're going to let the process happen, and whenever it ends we will sit down and talk with him about the results good or bad."

MURRAY: "We all worry about term in free agency, he's a young free agent. We don't expect to see a massive drop off in his game."

Here's the new back up goalie:

@BuffaloSabres

TRADE: Sabres acquire goaltender Anders Nilsson from @StLouisBlues for a 5th round draft pick in 2017.

General Fanager
‏@generalfanager
Anders Nilsson has signed with Buffalo following trade, 1 yr @ $1M.
Ugh, not a fan of this move at all. I have a feeling our playoff hopes might come down to our backup goalie, and this guy is....well, big in size I guess. I hope Ullmark has improved.
Three Swedish goalies, huh?

General Fanager

‏@generalfanager

Anders Nilsson has signed with Buffalo following trade, 1 yr @ $1M.

Ugh, not a fan of this move at all. I have a feeling our playoff hopes might come down to our backup goalie, and this guy is....well, big in size I guess. I hope Ullmark has improved.

Three BIG SWEDISH goalies, huh?

GMTM's preference for size in net showing. Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yeah I would feel much, much better with short Enroth. What's the problem Tim, he's Swedish too.

Enroth is definitely a solid choice as a back up, but he comes up short in the Murray goalie profile as you already know.

It almost feels like it could be an AHL move, a bit of a head scratcher. Do they really go with Ulmark and Kasdorf in Rochester or do they let on start in the ECHL?

Went to the first practice at Harborcenter today. What a great facility, it was my first time there. Was disappointed that Nylander wasn't on the ice, he and Fasching were part of the second practice. :(

A couple notes: Justin Bailey looks bigger and stronger than everyone else on the ice.

The second round pick, Aspland, stood out. He's fast and scored on a couple of laser wrist shots that beat the goalie cleanly.

The two goalies looked good, too. They made a few really nice saves.

Afterward took a walk through Canalside, which was teeming with tourists. Downtown Buffalo is really on the upswing.

@BNHarrington

New at [bN] Hockey: With #Sabres meeting Vesey today, are #Blackhawks a stealth contender on Aug. 15?

https://t.co/NJMAnRH0vM

The Jimmy Vesey Sweepstakes is heating up in earnest as the Sabres are expected to have their initial sit-down with the Hobey Baker Award winner today in Boston.

In John Vogl's story on Vesey, The News reported Wednesday night a charter company used by owner Terry Pegula had a plane leave Buffalo on Wednesday night and land at the suburban Boston airport frequented by the Sabres. Vesey confirmed to NHL.com after his summer league game Wednesday that he will be meeting with the Sabres today in Beantown.

"I think we have a small number of teams that I think we'll really be focusing on," Vesey said. "So, Aug. 15 we'll start talking to them and see what they say."

But while most of the Vesey talk has centered around the Sabres, Boston and Toronto, why is Vesey waiting until free agency on Aug. 15? Likely to see what other offers might be coming his way. The Chicago Blackhawks seem to be a good candidate and it would appear they're interested.

@BuffaloSabres

CmxFcPyWIAAiwuw.jpg

Sabres trade rumor getting some play: Sabres to trade Ennis and Franzen for Rick Nash.

Bet it or forget it?

gross. Nash seems like a good guy but he never lived up to expectations in Cbus. lots if talent but no guts or leadership. If Ennis isn't able to play that's one thing but if he can, I'd rather have him than Nash. Edited by YoloinOhio

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres' Evander Kane will escape serious charges in latest investigation, writes @LouMichelBN.

https://t.co/cHlH9G7tn3

@BuffNewsVogl

The additional details in this story certainly cast Sabres' Evander Kane in a troubling light.

Dude's gotta get sober, that's the bottom line.

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres' Evander Kane will escape serious charges in latest investigation, writes @LouMichelBN.

https://t.co/cHlH9G7tn3

@BuffNewsVogl

The additional details in this story certainly cast Sabres' Evander Kane in a troubling light.

When you read that it appears that he's spinning out of control. Don't know how GMTM can get him back on the right path.