• Karl Joseph, S Raiders
    • Reggie Ragland, LB Bills
    • Sheldon Rankins, DT Saints
    • Leonard Floyd, OLB Bears
    • Artie Burns, CB Steelers
    • William Jackson III, CB Bengals
    • Eli Apple, CB Giants
    • Other

Elliott will have one of the best rookie seasons ever assuming they make him the feature back instead of splitting time. Hes pro ready and can do it all and that Dallas line is no joke

I think droy will be other because so often that title goes to someone with the most sacks or most interceptions and not necessarily the best player

Elliott should have no issue being OROY behind that line unless he gets hurt. Ragland and Ramsey probably the best shot at DROY

I'd be really surprised if Zeke doesn't win it. I can't really see a situation where he doesn't.

On defense, I went with Karl Joseph. He's a poor man's Earl Thomas playing behind what should be an elite pass rush. He will have lots of chances to make plays.

I'd also like to nominate Chris Jones as a guy that could do great things as a rookie. He has a ton of upside and is in a good defense. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a "Sheldon Richardson" type of rookie year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I should have added Tyler Boyd and Corey Coleman. Boyd because I think he will eat in that Cincy offense, and Coleman because he was the first WR to get drafted and is just a really good player on a team without an #1 WR. He may rack up some numbers.

I don't know where to put this. A lot of you know that one of my best friends is Kevin Colbert's nephew. He was telling me that the Steelers were furious that the Bengals took William Jackson in front of them. He was their guy.

It's not really pertinent but I try to share when I have something.

elliot is the only rookie to end up in the perfect situation. treadwell was close.

on defense there is no advantage to where a player went to his ability and skillset. ragland was closest.

I don't know where to put this. A lot of you know that one of my best friends is Kevin Colbert's nephew. He was telling me that the Steelers were furious that the Bengals took William Jackson in front of them. He was their guy.

from what i heard our first pick was going to be ragland, lee or joseph...i guess no one expected lawson to fall.

that is funny since they are rivals. I also noticed that Cincy drafted Pitt's very own Tyler Boyd.

I think Jackson is > Artie burns but Burns should do pretty well in their zone D

Edited by YoloinOhio

that is funny since they are rivals. I also noticed that Cincy drafted Pitt's very own Tyler Boyd.

I think Jackson is > Artie burns but Burns should do pretty well in their zone D

Pittsburgh seemed to have locked on to Jackson and Apple early on and then ended up with both gone taking Burns. They had a clear need at corner but it feels a bit like they just took the next corner on their board rather than the best player.

I had Burns and Jackson pretty much neck and neck in my evaluation (I actually had a higher grade on Mackensie Alexander) but I agree Burns is a good fit for a zone team.

It's funny that Pitt went CB anyways after Jackson was taken right in front of them. Burns is really raw... Seemed like a reach/need to me.

Pittsburgh seemed to have locked on to Jackson and Apple early on and then ended up with both gone taking Burns. They had a clear need at corner but it feels a bit like they just took the next corner on their board rather than the best player.

I had Burns and Jackson pretty much neck and neck in my evaluation (I actually had a higher grade on Mackensie Alexander) but I agree Burns is a good fit for a zone team.

i agree that it seems the Steelers board consisted only of CBs on Thursday

Elliott will have one of the best rookie seasons ever assuming they make him the feature back instead of splitting time. Hes pro ready and can do it all and that Dallas line is no joke

I think droy will be other because so often that title goes to someone with the most sacks or most interceptions and not necessarily the best player

This is why I went Treadwell as OROY and Ragland DROY

Im not sure if Elliot is gonna split time or start but im pretty sure hell split time. Vikings have no WR the caliber of Treadwell so he is an instant start and Bridgewater will be better this year then last so hes gonna get more balls then a pool haul.

went with Ragland on blind homerism. Laugh if you will but they already said hes starting, and after this draft im back on the koolaid. Who wants a cup?

If Dallas is smart they will not #feedzeke this year but rather use a RBBC. He should be used on 3rd downs and other passing situations IMO unless they they think one of the other two are better blockers, which i doubt. But I do think he should split carries considering rookies can a hit a wall with so many more games than they play in college. That said, I'm not sure they will have that luxury due to the high expectations as well as you can't depend on the whole RB stable to stay healthy.

I've heard the same thing from Steelers fans. Plus they heavily scouted all of the top corner prospects and sprinted to the podium when their pick was up. They were locked in on a corner, hell or high water. Not a good look for an organization that is usually much more disciplined on draft day. Berns is a bit of a reach if you ask me...

In any event here is a dark horse OROY: Sterling Shepard of the Giants. DROY will be Bosa.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I got Elliott and Ramsey. Elliott is going behind the best OL in the NFL. Look for 1,300+ on the ground and 10+ TD's. Jax is gonna get after the QB this year and create plenty of ops for Jalen to get it done on defense.

@joshnorris

Bovada's rookie of the year odds:

Jared Goff 2/1

Ezekiel Elliott 5/2

Derrick Henry 7/1

Corey Coleman 15/2

Josh Doctson 12/1

Treadwell 12/1

Oops forgot Henry in the poll too along with leaving off Coleman

@dpbrugler

Some interesting regular season over/under bets (via Brovada)

RB Elliott rush yards: 900

RB Elliott total TDs: 7.5

DE Bosa total sacks: 5.5

Edited by YoloinOhio

@joshnorris

Bovada's rookie of the year odds:

Jared Goff 2/1

Ezekiel Elliott 5/2

Derrick Henry 7/1

Corey Coleman 15/2

Josh Doctson 12/1

Treadwell 12/1

Oops forgot Henry in the poll too along with leaving off Coleman

@dpbrugler

Some interesting regular season over/under bets (via Brovada)

RB Elliott rush yards: 900

RB Elliott total TDs: 7.5

DE Bosa total sacks: 5.5

I love Zeke at 5/2 and over 900 yards. That feels like stealing to me.

This is why I went Treadwell as OROY and Ragland DROY

Im not sure if Elliot is gonna split time or start but im pretty sure hell split time. Vikings have no WR the caliber of Treadwell so he is an instant start and Bridgewater will be better this year then last so hes gonna get more balls then a pool haul.

went with Ragland on blind homerism. Laugh if you will but they already said hes starting, and after this draft im back on the koolaid. Who wants a cup?

i did the same. thought about joseph though

I love Zeke at 5/2 and over 900 yards. That feels like stealing to me.

It's basically betting on a guys ability to stay healthy which is pretty unpredictable as a RB. Last year Marshawn, Charles, McCoy, Lacy, Forsett, Miller, Forte, Bell, Anderson, and Murray were all under 900 yards. Most of those guys listed were picked in the first two rounds of fantasy leagues.

i did the same. thought about joseph though

Its not a bad thought, 7 interceptions will give him rookie of the year like the Chiefs CB last year. 100 + tackles and a couple sacks will give it to Ragland or Myles depending who has more stats between the two of them, NFL network asked who makes a bigger impact this season Ragland or Shaq, it was a split decision between the talking heads.

If Dallas is smart they will not #feedzeke this year but rather use a RBBC. He should be used on 3rd downs and other passing situations IMO unless they they think one of the other two are better blockers, which i doubt. But I do think he should split carries considering rookies can a hit a wall with so many more games than they play in college. That said, I'm not sure they will have that luxury due to the high expectations as well as you can't depend on the whole RB stable to stay healthy.

I agree the smart thing to do would be to ease in Zeke splitting time with McFadden n them to let him get used to NFL game speed, the playbook, and nasty hits hes gonna take by NFL caliber beastly LBs.

Can we see who actually makes it through training camps before we do this crap?

All these guys are 1st and 2nd round picks, do you really think theyre gonna get cut? Or you mean bc of TC and Pre-Season INjury?

I'm not trying to lobby here but I'm really surprised that there are only 2 of us on Joseph. You win this award with big numbers (see Marcus Peters). Joseph is a playmaking safety playing behind a great pass rush. I'd be surprised if he didn't lead rookies in INTs. He has the best ball skills AND landed in the best spot of anyone. As an example Ramsey has 3 career INTs (Joseph had 5 last year and 9 career). Ramsey is great but the numbers win these awards not skill set.

A case could certainly be made for Jack who I think is Luke Kuechley 2.0. A pass rusher could have a big impact as well. It's just tough for me to go against the guy that has the skill set and opportunity to win these awards.

Edited by Kirby Jackson