Myles Jack Could Slide Down in the Draft

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for someone to explain why the Browns would even consider trading the best player in the draft and one of the best prospects in years, a genuine PLAYMAKER! If we were the Browns, would anyone here even consider it?

GO BILLS!!!

How about they are trying to acquire alot of picks as a strategy because they need lots of players not one? How about because they don't trust the medicals still?

Just the term scared teams away and I think that's obvious. Some sort of consensus was met, whether you call it "medical" or not. It was certainly a medical term that caused the fall. It all boils down to a concern about his knee. If that isn't medical, so be it. The AMA didn't have to convene a meeting to establish the medical criteria.

Definitely should have kept his mouth shut, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Uhh, you were the one that called it a medical consensus, which is wrong. I think when his team physician and preeminent leader in the field of knee surgery tells the world he doesn't need surgery, well, that isn't really a consensus is it? When he woke up Wednesday morning he was still slated to get drafted in the 1st round. He stupidly opened his mouth, and when he woke up Thursday morning he found out that he just scared off every team in the draft. Again, he did this to himself.

Imagine if he falls to Jacksonville? They were eyeing him up in the first. Ramsey and Jack in the same draft? Yow.

How about they are trying to acquire alot of picks as a strategy because they need lots of players not one? How about because they don't trust the medicals still?

That still sounds a lot like, "Because, Cleveland." They have a ton of extra picks as it is and now they have a chance to get a generational talent to boot.

The medical issue is still a concern for some teams I imagine, so maybe that's a reason to trade.

Would you make the deal if you were the Browns?

GO BILLS!!!

Uhh, you were the one that called it a medical consensus, which is wrong. I think when his team physician and preeminent leader in the field of knee surgery tells the world he doesn't need surgery, well, that isn't really a consensus is it? When he woke up Wednesday morning he was still slated to get drafted in the 1st round. He stupidly opened his mouth, and when he woke up Thursday morning he found out that he just scared off every team in the draft. Again, he did this to himself.

Imagine if he falls to Jacksonville? They were eyeing him up in the first. Ramsey and Jack in the same draft? Yow.

My apologies for misusing the term "medical consensus." There was certainly a consensus reached by teams across the league that chose to pass on him. That's my only point. No need to quibble any longer.

If he falls to Jax, it's because Cleveland still has no clue.

GO BILLS!!!

Please go get him Doug. It would be a pivotal moment for the franchise. Don't get too enamored with your late-round picks. Don't be afraid to be bold. Go get the top player on your board. Do it.

Have you heard of Doug Whaley before? :thumbsup:

My apologies for misusing the term "medical consensus." There was certainly a consensus reached by teams across the league that chose to pass on him. That's my only point. No need to quibble any longer.

If he falls to Jax, it's because Cleveland still has no clue.

GO BILLS!!!

So I don't think consensus means every single person so I don't think you misused it.

However, with some time to think about this situation, I think it was that no one knew what to think after the late breaking news. Since it was announced so close to the draft no one even had time to ask him "WTF." Teams are risk averse and so universal consensus was not to use a 1st on him because microfracture surgery is tricky. Now with some time, I wouldn't be surprised if his comments get contextualized (its not that bad) and he gets taken very early in the second. We'll know soon.

That still sounds a lot like, "Because, Cleveland." They have a ton of extra picks as it is and now they have a chance to get a generational talent to boot.

The medical issue is still a concern for some teams I imagine, so maybe that's a reason to trade.

Would you make the deal if you were the Browns?

GO BILLS!!!

all their existing extra picks scream opportunity to take a shot instead of collecting even more picks.

but its all about their medical e v a l.

all their existing extra picks scream opportunity to take a shot instead of collecting even more picks.

but its all about their medical e v a l.

I know. Maybe I'm a simpleton, but this seems like a no-brainer for the Browns. Take Jack and never look back.

GO BILLS!!!

I bet Cleveland would unload the pick for a 2017 first rounder. Would you make that deal?

I would if I were the team trading up.

I wouldn't if I were the Browns. This is Myles Jack we are talking about.

GO BILLS!!!

LOOK: Myles Jack posts a slam dunk video after fall out of first round

@AdamSchefter

Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.

News like that should be saved until the Bills are on the clock.

(I know, I know, all teams have done their homework...)

@AdamSchefter

Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.

Dunking a Bball is all well and good but it doesn't mean anything. It confirms the explosive athletic ability we all know he has.

Says nothing about the explosive athletic ability he would stand to lose if he needed the surgery.

It's funny, I've read a few posts in various threads that seem to pooh-pooh the surgery. Most point to the exceptions as the rule, though, when it comes to comebacks.

GO BILLS!!!

I still hope Jack falls somehow to us, but it'd be fun to watch him play with Mack for 3 years.

Son is Raiders fan. If we cannot have Jack, i hope my son gets to watch him with Mack. would be a brutal pairing

I guess we don't have to imagine. Jacksonville is having one heck of an offseason.

I really think this was a big mistake by Jacksonville. As I posted earlier in this thread, the perfect landing spot for Jack given his medical issue was to a team that is already on the cusp, not a rebuilding team still a couple of years away. By the time they get there, he could be done.

@AroundTheNFL

Jaguars GM after picking Myles Jack: To be great, 'we have to take chances' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000658365/article/jaguars-gm-to-be-great-we-have-to-take-chances

ChSsdJoUYAAnDw4.jpg

He's wrong, IMO. You take those chances when you're good/great, not when you've been a tire fire and are trying to get to respectability.

I really think this was a big mistake by Jacksonville. As I posted earlier in this thread, the perfect landing spot for Jack given his medical issue was to a team that is already on the cusp, not a rebuilding team still a couple of years away. By the time they get there, he could be done.

This. He's a luxury that they couldn't afford, especially with Fowler coming off of an injury. With all of their needs, they shouldn't be taking high risk/high reward players at this juncture. JMO

He's wrong, IMO. You take those chances when you're good/great, not when you've been a tire fire and are trying to get to respectability.

This. He's a luxury that they couldn't afford, especially with Fowler coming off of an injury. With all of their needs, they shouldn't be taking high risk/high reward players at this juncture. JMO

Fowler will have about 1 year 3 months since the injury when the season starts. I think they know he will be back to form. Jack also found out he doesn't need microfracture surgery so maybe the injury is a less risk and more reward. The jags need to win now and if they can get 4 years of high end play from that position that is huge for that team.

Fowler will have about 1 year 3 months since the injury when the season starts. I think they know he will be back to form. Jack also found out he doesn't need microfracture surgery so maybe the injury is a less risk and more reward. The jags need to win now and if they can get 4 years of high end play from that position that is huge for that team.

I hope Jack has a nice career and if he turns out to be a reward, great. But saying they "need to win now"?? Come on. It's not a herculean task to compete in that division. It's the worst in football. Good or bad, their value won't be hurt when 'Shad-ka' Kahn rips out the hearts of their dozen or so fans and moves them to jolly old England or some other outpost for more money.

I hope Jack has a nice career and if he turns out to be a reward, great. But saying they "need to win now"?? Come on. It's not a herculean task to compete in that division. It's the worst in football. Good or bad, their value won't be hurt when 'Shad-ka' Kahn rips out the hearts of their dozen or so fans and moves them to jolly old England or some other outpost for more money.

All teams are in win now mode especially them with how well Bortles played this past year. They need to start winning especially if they want to move to england. If Bortles keeps the play up they can go to england on a winning streak and start out there on a high note.