Myles Jack Could Slide Down in the Draft

220px-Whobbc.jpg

I'd move up for Myles..............just Myles................just Myles ..............................just Myles.

Ohhh yeah.

You went to the trouble of finding the album art work, but got thr lyrics wrong?

"I can see for miles and miles

I can see for miles and miles

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles

Oh yeah"

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they trade up, it'll be about 2am here. I think I can get away with public nudity if it happens.

Myles is my #1 player in this class. If we get him, I'll go nuts.

I see what you did there.

BTW, I would love to see Myles Jack in a Bills uni.

Would love to have Jack, but I dont think he's making it past Jax at 5.

After what I read yesterday in somebody's mock draft, and it's not the messenger but the message, I don't think Jax will take him. They had to play shorthanded due to the Fowler injury and may view Jack as a similar situation. We should know more on Thursday, but I wouldn't take him even he fell all the way to 19, and there is no way I would move up.

After what I read yesterday in somebody's mock draft, and it's not the messenger but the message, I don't think Jax will take him. They had to play shorthanded due to the Fowler injury and may view Jack as a similar situation. We should know more on Thursday, but I wouldn't take him even he fell all the way to 19, and there is no way I would move up.

After Fowler? I can't see them taking him. Microfracture often doesn't work very well, and it's very tough on explosive players like Jack: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441585/article/jadeveon-clowney-had-microfracture-knee-surgery

Look where Clowney is now.

Edited by dave mcbride

I love Whaley but if he trades up for a LB, that might be his last move as a Bills' GM.

Even if that LB turns out to be a Pro Bowler and we make the playoffs? Interesting...

Didn't know that, that kinda success would get you fired.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Even if that LB turns out to be a Pro Bowler and we make the playoffs? Interesting...

Didn't know that, that kinda success would get you fired.

I think trading up for any non qb is foolish. Our defense was coming off a top 3 finish in 2014. I get that move more then but I'm still not a fan of it. We are not a LB away from a great defense.

What LB is going to really carry a team? Ray Lewis was like 10 years ago. I really like Jack as a player but if our d line sucks, it doesn't matter how good he is. Behind our 2014 scheme, Preston Brown and Nigel Brown were good players. LBs are the rbs of defense.

I think trading up for any non qb is foolish. Our defense was coming off a top 3 finish in 2014. I get that move more then but I'm still not a fan of it. We are not a LB away from a great defense.

What LB is going to really carry a team? Ray Lewis was like 10 years ago. I really like Jack as a player but if our d line sucks, it doesn't matter how good he is. Behind our 2014 scheme, Preston Brown and Nigel Brown were good players. LBs are the rbs of defense.

I respectfully submit that it absolutely matters when you can line him up opposite Gronk and (a) have a guy that can cover him man-to-man, leaving the rest of your back-7 available to zone Brady without getting killed; and (b) have a guy in there that can take on pulling guards without getting blown off the ball, so he isn't an automatic loss to Gronk's blocking skills in the run game like most other coverage players.

That's an enormous chess piece to play against the biggest twice-per-year thorn in your side.

I respectfully submit that it absolutely matters when you can line him up opposite Gronk and (a) have a guy that can cover him man-to-man, leaving the rest of your back-7 available to zone Brady without getting killed; and (b) have a guy in there that can take on pulling guards without getting blown off the ball, so he isn't an automatic loss to Gronk's blocking skills in the run game like most other coverage players.

That's an enormous chess piece to play against the biggest twice-per-year thorn in your side.

I trust your opinion on this stuff and I do love the player. But we aren't a team that should just throw away high draft picks to move up.

As good as Luke Kuechly is, they had a MVP QB. A guy like Lavonte David was a very good LB but he was wasted in TB because of a bad offense. IMO, the only positions you should ever trade up for our QBs and possibly pass rushers. The other positions just don't make a big enough difference on team wins and losses.

I trust your opinion on this stuff and I do love the player. But we aren't a team that should just throw away high draft picks to move up.

As good as Luke Kuechly is, they had a MVP QB. A guy like Lavonte David was a very good LB but he was wasted in TB because of a bad offense. IMO, the only positions you should ever trade up for our QBs and possibly pass rushers. The other positions just don't make a big enough difference on team wins and losses.

I may not agree with that, but it's a defensible opinion and one that makes sense.

You're making no sense - you just said in another thread that you'd be ok with using a 2nd round pick on Jaylen Smith. Assuming that's what they'd be "giving up" to take Jack... what's your beef?

You're making no sense - you just said in another thread that you'd be ok with using a 2nd round pick on Jaylen Smith. Assuming that's what they'd be "giving up" to take Jack... what's your beef?

It makes perfect sense, though you may disagree. I don't think any non QB is the worth the price of trading up in the 1st round. How many good franchises trade up to get a LB? Much less an 8-8 one?

I really like Jack as a player. But I'd rather improve the d line (still can't believe it has become a need but whatever) and use a later pick on a LB. it is a dependent position. And Smith is all dependent on what the doctors check him out. If you can get a guy some people thought might be the best player in the draft in the 2nd or later and they clear him, I'd do it.

But good teams don't trade up. Especially for LBs.

From a pragmatic level, that quote doesn't change anyones medical evaluation of him - dude is going to go out and play and if his body has issues he will have to address it. We knew that before the quote.

But from an optics, CYA standpoint, if you're a GM who is already on the hot seat, do you take a risk on a guy who publicly admitted on the eve of the draft that his knee is a ticking time bomb? Yes the medical is the medical - but there are some insecure, thin-skinned GMs out there who need to play it safe. This won't help.

But from an optics, CYA standpoint, if you're a GM who is already on the hot seat, do you take a risk on a guy who publicly admitted on the eve of the draft that his knee is a ticking time bomb? Yes the medical is the medical - but there are some insecure, thin-skinned GMs out there who need to play it safe. This won't help.

Sometimes I think we overthink things in this week leading into the draft.

Don't get tooooo sucked into the soap opera, this is still primarily a medical decision. That paranoid GM probably had him off the board yesterday too. For anyone that was going to take him it's still a medical decision. I don't think many (any?) teams pulled his name off the board after seeing that.

Edited by NoSaint