Season Over - TT in Review

Virgil

Week 17 was a fantastic wrap up game in showing what TT can do as our QB. He can't help the crappy trick plays that are called in.

In this game though, where the Jets took away the deep ball, TT showed the ability to throw is anywhere on the field. He converted 3rd downs with curls and even a SLANT!. He's proven the deep ball all season. He's proven and verified his scrambling ability.

Overall, besides showing his ability to lead a comeback, I've more than seen enough for a FIRST YEAR STARTER to deem him the guy for next season.

The only caveot is that I do believe that we need a viable back-up, considering the injury rate for scrambling QB's. I think a WR, LB are more important in the first two rounds. But 3rd and on, get him if he's there.

TT haters, have at it...

It was really encouraging to see him use the entire field today. The best thing I saw (besides getting it to #14) was Tyrod/Roman trying to pick up first downs on 3rd down instead of chucking it downfield looking for the big play. The only hiccup being that idiotic trick play on 3rd and 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Because of those 3rd down conversions the Bills dominated ToP which was pivotal in winning the game.

I can't hate, only nit-pick.

He needs to improve on his intermediate passing accuracy.

I'd like to see more decisiveness in his pocket presence (which I saw improvement in today)

Id like to see him use his better players, not his better plays, more often (Roman at fault here too)

But definitely happy with him going into 2016

The nice thing about TT is just when people say "he cant do this...he cant do that" he actually does it on the field....he is still growing as a QB

Some nitpicks

- I want to see the mental clock speed up a little bit........he is a click late on some throws and I recoginize that....I also think that the mental clock speeds up as you continue to biuld continuity and reps. EVEN THOUGH you can see this he is still very accurate.....and throws a nice ball......and the ball still gets there with plenty of time where it wont get picked. I would just like to see it a click sooner so a WR can make a football move with it and maybe get more RAC

- realize that the he is fantasic on these designed runs.....but this needs to be dialed back a bit if we want to keep him healthy. I want to see more of Tyrod rollouts.....showing threat of run....then throwing the ball downfield and let someone else take the hit.

- In the offseason.....get him the things that continue his maturation process......our RT situation is abysmal and the sacks that TT does take are often from our RT getting beat immediately off the snap. I realize that the stats dont show his WR's dropping a lot of balls.....but Hogan a. Drops too many at key times and b. Does not know where the 1st down marker is. WHen TT has a 200 yard game with no ints the stats SHOULD be reading 300 yard games because he throws deep bombs that are dropped. Get him a RT and a big physical wideout.

The nice thing about TT is just when people say "he cant do this...he cant do that" he actually does it on the field....he is still growing as a QB

Some nitpicks

- I want to see the mental clock speed up a little bit........he is a click late on some throws and I recoginize that....I also think that the mental clock speeds up as you continue to biuld continuity and reps. EVEN THOUGH you can see this he is still very accurate.....and throws a nice ball......and the ball still gets there with plenty of time where it wont get picked. I would just like to see it a click sooner so a WR can make a football move with it and maybe get more RAC

- realize that the he is fantasic on these designed runs.....but this needs to be dialed back a bit if we want to keep him healthy. I want to see more of Tyrod rollouts.....showing threat of run....then throwing the ball downfield and let someone else take the hit.

- In the offseason.....get him the things that continue his maturation process......our RT situation is abysmal and the sacks that TT does take are often from our RT getting beat immediately off the snap. I realize that the stats dont show his WR's dropping a lot of balls.....but Hogan a. Drops too many at key times and b. Does not know where the 1st down marker is. WHen TT has a 200 yard game with no ints the stats SHOULD be reading 300 yard games because he throws deep bombs that are dropped. Get him a RT and a big physical wideout.

Championship. I'm with you John the kid is gonna be LIGHTS OUT next year!!

Who the hell hates Taylor? He has been solid. But there is something concerning about a qb that struggles to get 200 yards passing on a regular basis and seems to only lock on one wr.

He will be entrenched as the starter next year without a doubt and we should be excited. But at this point, I struggle to see him hanging with top Qbs. Long way to go though.

He is our starting qb. Period.

Hope he stays that way for years to come and continues to develop. Would be great to start drafting qbs to develop behind him.

There can be no doubt we all need to get behind him and believe in his ability to take us to the promised land!! 45 td 10 int 12-4 baby!!

I'm excited to see what happens with a full offseason of being #1, and his second year in Roman's system. He's definitely grown over the course of the season, kudos to Rex and Doug for bringing him in.

Agreed. And the thing that stood out for me is he never looked rattled.

However, in the big boy qb categories of 3rd down % and red zone, I think we really struggle. Those stats separate the pretenders from the contenders. Hopefully, we can improve on this.

However, in the big boy qb categories of 3rd down % and red zone, I think we really struggle. Those stats separate the pretenders from the contenders. Hopefully, we can improve on this.

Yeah, he showed some promise on the 3rd downs today. So I think there's hope to be had. He's even improved a bit at throwing over the middle as well.

Having Clay out couldn't have helped. Also, I think getting in a legitimate #2 option will help.

Week 17 was a fantastic wrap up game in showing what TT can do as our QB. He can't help the crappy trick plays that are called in.

In this game though, where the Jets took away the deep ball, TT showed the ability to throw is anywhere on the field. He converted 3rd downs with curls and even a SLANT!. He's proven the deep ball all season. He's proven and verified his scrambling ability.

Overall, besides showing his ability to lead a comeback, I've more than seen enough for a FIRST YEAR STARTER to deem him the guy for next season.

The only caveot is that I do believe that we need a viable back-up, considering the injury rate for scrambling QB's. I think a WR, LB are more important in the first two rounds. But 3rd and on, get him if he's there.

TT haters, have at it...

I liked TT this game. I didn't like our run game (or lack thereof) but we were on our 3rd string RB. I had a Kujo sighting, can anyone tell me who exactly was our OL today?

Who the hell hates Taylor? He has been solid. But there is something concerning about a qb that struggles to get 200 yards passing on a regular basis and seems to only lock on one wr.

He will be entrenched as the starter next year without a doubt and we should be excited. But at this point, I struggle to see him hanging with top Qbs. Long way to go though.

Give it a moment, the hate will come soon. Not reasonable, but it'll come

Now that Whaley knows what he has, getting a RELIABLE speedster on the other side of Sammy as the WR3 or even 4 will help this offense greatly.

Goodwin and Percy just don't have the bodies to count on to be there at the end of the season. It sucks but it's true, you can't depend on either one of them, and one thing we learned this season is we have a very good long ball qb so we need to draft accordingly.

Force teams to play cover 2 against us and lighten up the box for our three great RB's.

I'm all for TT being the starter next year and believe he has shown enough to warrant so. I also believe we should draft a QB as well in case he hits a wall, to cover ourselves and not put all our eggs in one basket.

Learn from the EJ experience. Don't go all in until one is pretty damn certain he's the guy.

Edited by jmc12290

I genuinely believe Whaley when he says they will take BPA. If that's not a qb, I wonder who the FA class is. Needing a guy that can manager a few games for us us much nicer than hoping to hope a failure elsewhere can be the savior here.

I really wished EJ could be that guy for us, but he's just awful

Having Clay out couldn't have helped. Also, I think getting in a legitimate #2 option will help.

He's better outside the hashes than inside. More outside talent is def job #1.

What a great first year as a starter. TT shoulders all the 2016 hope

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I'm ecstatic and QB, finally, is not our top offseason priority. The kid can and will only get better.

My biggest thing with TT is that he protects the ball, for the most part. We all know how crucial that is (see Pickspatrick, Ryan).

Tyrod has been amazing all year. Like I said I'd take him over a lot of QBs in the league right now and I feel he brings stability to the position. We still need to bring in a veteran QB to back him up however. Someone that's willing to come in and be a mentor to him and teach him things. Tyrod ain't perfect and he's got tons of room for improvement but I feel great about this position for the first time since Kelly. We can win with this guy, something we never could've done with QBs in the past. Now we have to get rid of Thurman, hire a better DC, and draft all defense.

I'm amazed at the year Taylor had.

He is exciting, makes few mistakes and looks like a leader on the field.

I look forward to seeing how he progresses in preparation for next season.

A couple of nit-picks I have with him: He locks onto his targets a lot & there are times when he needs to just tuck the ball and run.

These are issues he can work on.

He's a great talent, and he can only get better.

I agree with other posters that we should draft another QB to develop, just to be on the safe side.

For now, this is Tyrod Taylor's team. Let's see what he does next season.

Pay the man. He is exciting .

I just don't see how that's wise. Maybe I'm gun shy after Fitz, but I need to see him next season. Not only performance but health.

He's gonna get more than 15, so I need to see a fully, healthy season

He is the most athletic QB in the league. Let that sink in for a minute. TT is only going to get better. I have a feeling next year Roman is really going to take the handcuffs off him & unleash him. I think we finally got our QB & yes I would try to resign him in the offseason. If you wait until after next year you are going to pay a fortune for him, I think you could probably get him signed this offseason for 10 -11 million per season. If he has the season next year I think he is going to have he is going to cost double that next offseason.

He doesn't throw for much because he isn't asked to throw much. That's by design to help a young QB grow into the job. Instead look at the yards per throw, which is excellent.