A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) You see, Preston Brown and Marcel can handle the run. Marcel is from Alabama. He was coached and built to stop the run. What makes him amazing is that he can provide pass rush at his size.

2) I have been posting "Thoughts" for many years now. For the record, this is my toughest game to talk about.

3) I spent the first half angry that they were not calling running plays for Tyrod. Marriota was the 2nd selection of an entire draft, and they let him take off. Tyrod is a 6th round pick who the Ravens chose not to keep. He needs to run to be a good qb and I have said this from day 1. More on Tyrod to come.

4) I dropped 4 flights and cracked my spine.

Honey come quick with the iodine.

Catch a few winks, under the bed,

Then head back to Tennessee, Jed.

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be.

Baby won't you carry me?

Back to Tennessee.

5) The offensive line had absolutely no push. Their pass protection was pretty bad as well. Miller was getting tossed around and Henderson was worse.

6) At one point in the game, I wondered if Kyle Williams had hit the wall. Then, he came through. I have doubted him before and he just keeps proving that he can play football.

7) The long catch by Hogan before the TD (37 yards?) was nothing less than heroic. I use this adjective because I can't come up with a better one. The concentration was striking, and I for one appreciate this.

8) Anyway you slice it, Schmidt deserves a game ball for timely punts.

9) OK, so I did lose my temper, and I am not proud of this. In the first half, Tyrod had lane after lane to run the football. Now, I'm fine thanks but the reason that we won this football game was because Tyrod DID run the football.

10) The TD catch by Hogan was all on him. He adjusted perfectly to the ball. A case could be made that he took over the game on that drive.

11) I make the same case for Gilmore. The one penalty put us in jeopardy, but he was great today. In the first quarter, he made two great plays in a row.

12) We got lucky when the Titans went for a field goal on 4th and 2 from our 7 in the 1st quarter, or so I thought. Were you people glad to see this or were you hoping that they would go for the first down?

13) In all, Corey Graham played a very nice game.

14) Whether or not he is our answer at QB, Tyrod Taylor has the heart of a lion.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was a lot like Minnesota last year. Really sloppy ball, but a huge conversion and then a clutch deep catch by Hogan led us to take the lead.

They are not letting Tyrod take off early in the game. We don't want him to get hurt, I get that, but we just need maybe one good run from him to keep the pass rush honest until we really need him to run wild.

I came away with one overwhelming thought. Let Tyrod be Tyrod, or don't play him. He will NOT succeed trying to be Peyton Manning. I think this is a coaching flaw, but perhaps I'm wrong.

The tackling on this defense has to improve.

-Gilmore, by far, was our best player on D today.

-Mario was switched ON as well

-Colton Schmidt can punt on my team any day.

-Colonel HOGAN! - just the guy any team would want to have somewhere on it's roster

The D got mad after the Graham (crap) call….would love to see them play that kind of mad for 4 quarters. They were asked to do a ton today and kept this game alive for us. Not pretty…but warrior-like.

Our building has belonged to everyone but us this year…it's time to turn the corner - for real.

I came away with one overwhelming thought. Let Tyrod be Tyrod, or don't play him. He will NOT succeed trying to be Peyton Manning. I think this is a coaching flaw, but perhaps I'm wrong.

I think Tyrod is banged up, so we come into games with the gameplan of "don't run" and see if that works.

I'll take any road win, however ugly. Especially with no RB's worth a crap on the roster. Need Karlos back badly next week.

You could blame the Bills for taking too many penalties, but you have to put some blame on the refs. Some very questionable calls.

I'll take any road win, however ugly. Especially with no RB's worth a crap on the roster. Need Karlos back badly next week.

You could blame the Bills for taking too many penalties, but you have to put some blame on the refs. Some very questionable calls.

The Graham call was as ticky-tak of a call as I have seen in awhile.

Tackling should get better if they aren't on the field so much

Yes the defense has to come out much stronger as well.

It's their fault they spent so much time on the field....they kept relinquishing extra yards on runs and allowing short completions early on.

Can't be facing 20-25 plays in the first quarter and letting your offense get pinned back time and again.

The D got mad after the Graham (crap) call.would love to see them play that kind of mad for 4 quarters. They were asked to do a ton today and kept this game alive for us. Not prettybut warrior-like.

Our building has belonged to everyone but us this yearit's time to turn the corner - for real.

Yep, and thats what they need to do, channel their frusterations into their play instead of at the officials. It was fanatstic to see.

Chris Hogan is a baller. Horrificly underrated on this board. The long catch was a great adjustment of his body and he did well to haul in a low pass for the TD. He blocks well, he plays special teams and to this point this season is outplaying Woods who seems out of sorts.

I agree on Tyrod. He has to run to win. He isn't going to win us many games stood in the pocket throwing.

The line regressed the more the game went on.

The Graham call was as ticky-tak of a call as I have seen in awhile.

Seemed like a give back for the horse collar.

What they weren't pointing out was that on the horse collar by Brown on Taylor he grabbed him much higher up his jersey and then jumped on his legs.

Bradham hot middle of jersey and didn't jump on the back of his legs.

That's where I am. He doesn't even have to run the ball, just move the damn pocket and put him in space where he can be a threat to do so. I hate watching him take a three or five step drop and never move an inch laterally.

Seemed like a give back for the horse collar.

What they weren't pointing out was that on the horse collar by Brown on Taylor he grabbed him much higher up his jersey and then jumped on his legs.

Bradham hot middle of jersey and didn't jump on the back of his legs.

From what I saw (and I try like hell not to be biased when analyzing---but you know...) the horse collar on Taylor was an actually horse collar. The back of the jersey was grabbed at the top/inside--and as you point out, Brown jumped on his legs. But the picked up flag on the Bills was just a jersey tackle. I've seen that whistled as a horse collar in the past, but I could never figure out why.

The flag was thrown on the Bills tackle, wasn't it? I believe they waved it off. Why do you need a make-up? If they actually thought it was a penalty, they could have just let the penalty stand. Did I miss something on this play?

That's where I am. He doesn't even have to run the ball, just move the damn pocket and put him in space where he can be a threat to do so. I hate watching him take a three or five step drop and never move an inch laterally.

One criticism I have of Tyrod is, for such an athletic guy, with unbelievable running ability, he does not seem comfortable moving in the pocket/scrambling when he has no intention of running. Maybe it's just the situations he has been in, but I expect him to be a bit better at that.

3) I spent the first half angry that they were not calling running plays for Tyrod. Marriota was the 2nd selection of an entire draft, and they let him take off. Tyrod is a 6th round pick who the Ravens chose not to keep. He needs to run to be a good qb and I have said this from day 1. More on Tyrod to come.

5) The offensive line had absolutely no push. Their pass protection was pretty bad as well. Miller was getting tossed around and Henderson was worse

3) My thoughts exactly. I like Tyrod. I like that they had the guts to go with him as a starter. No offense to Tyrod intended, but ... he's not your "franchise quarterback," at least not yet. I understand why the Packers don't want Rodgers running around if they can at all avoid it. Ditto Seattle and Wilson. Yet those guys seem to pull it down and run more willingly than our "6th round pick, hey, let's take a flyer on him; what's to lose?" guy. When he's willing to run, he's positively electric. If he gets banged up and misses a start or two, that's the chance you have to take. A cautious Tyrod is really not an NFL quarterback. I hope the 4th quarter today signals a change and they set him free before we hit desperation time.

5) Also correct. I want to be able to blame it on the lack of a halfway decent RB, but it feels like our O line was just tossed around pretty good today. And Seantrel ... time to pull the plug on that one. They must not trust Cyrus at all or he'd be starting by now.

Hey, a win's a win!

The Bills won a game on the road that they really needed to win to stay legit in the division. A win is a win!!

I'm watching the Dallas-Patriot game, and the Cowboys are really giving Tom Brady fits while hitting him a bunch. Makes me wonder why the Bills played the scheme they played against Brady

Chris Hogan is a baller. Horrificly underrated on this board. The long catch was a great adjustment of his body and he did well to haul in a low pass for the TD. He blocks well, he plays special teams and to this point this season is outplaying Woods who seems out of sorts.

I agree on Tyrod. He has to run to win. He isn't going to win us many games stood in the pocket throwing.

Great concentration and catch, but why no PI call? The DB was grabbing his arm. I'm pretty sure we would have gotten flagged/

1) Just win baby, ugly as it gets but against an AFC rival on the road, I'll take the ugly win.

2) I wish I could forget the 1st half of today's game, any neurologist in the house?

3) How great is it when it's game 5 in the season and your rookie DB isn't tested by the opposing QB?

4) I would run comebacks and hitches with Goodwing until the opposing team stops me. We beat the Jets a couple years back doing just that, when they adjusted we beat them deep.

5) we need a RT, Morgan owned Henderson all afternoon, even the refs missed a couple of times he held his man.

6) Run Taylor, run. great run on 3rd and forever (thank you Lebeau), the spark he needed to step and help win the game. He needs to be better passing the ball.

7) Good job by the backs in pass protection, yes, even the new guy.

8) Probaly the worst game by Easley, it's just one game, can't be too hard on the guy. What will Ryan do regarding Denarious Moore? Do you give him more chances?

9) refs suck, always.

10) Go Bills!

Two receivers that many wanted to cut in the preseason, Hogan and Gilmore, played very well today. Oh, I forgot that Hogan's not a burner and can't help us much.

Hogan is a heckuva football player. That drive was like a highlight reel ... the big catch, the throw to Tyrod, then the TD catch. Time to retire the endlessly boring "cut Hogan for [fill in the blank: Da'Rick, etc., etc.] meme. And Goodwin (I know you mean him) actually played football today, including special teams, and looked like he belonged ...

I was one of those who didn't think too much of him, but he was huge today.

Opening play....damn Easley. Anyone see when that flag was thrown vs. the fumble? Curious.

Do we ascribe that to timing with a new kicker? I hope so, because otherwise it's inexcusable ... the officials will get that every time since that's the line judge's only job on a kickoff, standing right there watching the line ...

From what I saw (and I try like hell not to be biased when analyzing---but you know...) the horse collar on Taylor was an actually horse collar. The back of the jersey was grabbed at the top/inside--and as you point out, Brown jumped on his legs. But the picked up flag on the Bills was just a jersey tackle. I've seen that whistled as a horse collar in the past, but I could never figure out why.

The flag was thrown on the Bills tackle, wasn't it? I believe they waved it off. Why do you need a make-up? If they actually thought it was a penalty, they could have just let the penalty stand. Did I miss something on this play?

Both horse collar calls were eventually ruled correctly, IMO, but I knew right then and there that the next remotely close call was going against the Bills and was glad it was gotten out of the way deep in Tenn territory.

I don't get too exercised about the refs......close games are going to happen and they will decide close games from time to time but most losses come down to teams missing a lot of opportunities.

If ever a team deserved to get a bad, game changing call against them though, it was the Titans today because they basically kept the game close all day rather than going for the jugular.

Win decisively and remove the refs from the equation.