Eli Manning - 1.79 seconds to each pass attempt

YoloinOhio

Who else on the schedule - besides Brady the Sequel - can do that? Asking for a friend because I don't know.

Edit: found this

@ChrisTrapasso: Perspective on Eli's 1.79 secs to each pass vs #Bills: Easily fastest of any QB since start of 2011. Next closest: 1.88 by Dalton/Staff 1x

@ChrisTrapasso: Looking ahead for #Bills: Mariota's average seconds to each pass attempt is 2.67, which is 4th slowest in NFL. Dalton at 2.18, 4th fastest.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@ChrisTrapasso: Tom Brady avg'd 1.98 secs to each pass attempt vs #Bills in Week 2. Eli Manning avg'd 1.79 secs to each pass attempt yesterday. Crazy fast.

Two top notch HCs devising a strategy for their top notch qbs to counter a good defense. Coming up with the strategy to offset a strength of a defense is not the real challenge. It is the masterful execution of that strategy by the respective qbs that is most impressive.

On one side of the sideline bluster and histrionics were on full display. In our two losses two HCs not known for their engaging personalities were with seriousness and purpose doing their jobs.

Leadership is not about seeking the spotlight and being quotable. Leadership is preparing your team to play with discipline and intelligence. The personality of a team is most often reflected by the personality of the HC. Without concerning oneself with the stats anyone who watched the Pat and Giant game can see the difference.

Two top notch HCs devising a strategy for their top notch qbs to counter a good defense. Coming up with the strategy to offset a strength of a defense is not the real challenge. It is the masterful execution of that strategy by the respective qbs that is most impressive.

On one side of the sideline bluster and histrionics were on full display. In our two losses two HCs not known for their engaging personalities were with seriousness and purpose doing their jobs.

Leadership is not about seeking the spotlight and being quotable. Leadership is preparing your team to play with discipline and intelligence. The personality of a team is most often reflected by the personality of the HC. Without concerning oneself with the stats anyone who watched the Pat and Giant game can see the difference.

I'll back you w hoody and brady, not yesterday though. The Bills lost that game.

Who else on the schedule - besides Brady the Sequel - can do that? Asking for a friend because I don't know.

Edit: found this

@ChrisTrapasso: Perspective on Eli's 1.79 secs to each pass vs #Bills: Easily fastest of any QB since start of 2011. Next closest: 1.88 by Dalton/Staff 1x

@ChrisTrapasso: Looking ahead for #Bills: Mariota's average seconds to each pass attempt is 2.67, which is 4th slowest in NFL. Dalton at 2.18, 4th fastest.

If the difference between the 4th fastest and the 4th slowest is less than half a second, then this stat is being given way to much weight. Manning certainly did not look like Brady out there yesterday. He looked confused most of the game.

And without the ridiculous penalties against us, we win that game going away in the 2nd half by at least 10 points. the Giants made exactly 1 play on offense in the 2nd half and did nothing the rest of the time as we marched up and down the field at will against them.

And without the ridiculous penalties against us, we win that game going away in the 2nd half by at least 10 points. the Giants made exactly 1 play on offense in the 2nd half and did nothing the rest of the time as we marched up and down the field at will against them.

Here's NFL.com's 39 takeaways from Sunday

2. Eli Manning calmly led the Giants on three touchdown drives as the Bills committed one soul-crushing penalty after the next -- a whopping 17 in total, the second most by any team all year -- to help New York build an early 16-3 lead it wouldn't lose. It was a tale of two halves for Manning, though, as New York's offense mostly struggled over the final two quarters. When they find their flow, Big Blue's attack can hang with anyone, but the G-Men wouldn't have won this game without Buffalo crumbling under a mountain of yellow flags.

If the difference between the 4th fastest and the 4th slowest is less than half a second, then this stat is being given way to much weight. Manning certainly did not look like Brady out there yesterday. He looked confused most of the game.

1/2 a second is 4 yards for a fast pass rusher. Do you not really see a difference between hitting the QB and being 4 yards away from the QB?

I'll back you w hoody and brady, not yesterday though. The Bills lost that game.

That's my point! Eli executed the strategy very well. He did his part to neutralize as best he could the defense. But the difference in this game was that the Bills lacked discipline and maturity compared to the Giants

It was apparent from the beginning of the game that this was not going to be a shootout type game. It was going to be a tightly contested game. The ultimate difference was one team was more composed than the other. Eli did what he had to do. He is certainly no Brady. But he played within himself and he didn't panic. The difference was the lack of composure by our team.

Put aside the stats in this game. Even if one had little knowledge about football it wasn't difficult to determine which team was more mature and composed. This loss is not attributable to a talent differential. This loss was attributable to the difference in the caliber of coaching.

The caliber of coaching doesn't become evident when playing against demonstrably inferior teams. It becomes very evident when you play against the better teams and better coaches. In the Pat and Giant games Rex's stature compared to BB and Coughlin was very small. It was reflected in how the team conducted itself.

1/2 a second is 4 yards for a fast pass rusher. Do you not really see a difference between hitting the QB and being 4 yards away from the QB?

So, we have the blueprint.

Do you not think that the Bills coaches and players understand this? Were they beaten by superior coaching yesterday? Were they beaten by superior talent yesterday? My answer to both is no. They lost this game and they should all shut their damn mouths for a month and just play football.

Undisciplined

Poorly coached

Poorly executed

The blueprint is there for opposing QB's and coaches to get around Buffalo's DL.

Yesterday a QB who isn't thought of as elite in conjunction with a better game-plan defeated what the Bills strength was (their DL). And it really looked pretty easy.

I know some will say they don't play elite or even good QB's every week, but with teams getting more film on Buffalo, they're one or more steps ahead than the Bills. I don't see that changing unless the Bills change up what they're doing.

Edited by BillsVet

That's my point! Eli executed the strategy very well. He did his part to neutralize as best he could the defense. But the difference in this game was that the Bills lacked discipline and maturity compared to the Giants

It was apparent from the beginning of the game that this was not going to be a shootout type game. It was going to be a tightly contested game. The ultimate difference was one team was more composed than the other. Eli did what he had to do. He is certainly no Brady. But he played within himself and he didn't panic. The difference was the lack of composure by our team.

Put aside the stats in this game. Even if one had little knowledge about football it wasn't difficult to determine which team was more mature and composed. This loss is not attributable to a talent differential. This loss was attributable to the difference in the caliber of coaching.

The caliber of coaching doesn't become evident when playing against demonstrably inferior teams. It becomes very evident when you play against the better teams and better coaches. In the Pat and Giant games Rex's stature compared to BB and Coughlin was very small. It was reflected in how the team conducted itself.

He executed the strategy, but, not well IMO. The Giants needed the Bills to implode and they did (again).

The blueprint is there for opposing QB's and coaches to get around Buffalo's DL.

Yesterday a QB who isn't thought of as elite in conjunction with a better game-plan defeated what the Bills strength was (their DL). And it really looked pretty easy.

I know some will say they don't play elite or even good QB's every week, but with teams getting more film on Buffalo, they're one or more steps ahead than the Bills. I don't see that changing unless the Bills change up what they're doing.

Take away Rashard Jennings' touchdown and Eli threw for about 150 yards. They were something like 3 of 16 on 3rd down. I don't think it "looked pretty easy."

Only a select few can do that with winning accuracy...

We are going to get our sacks people...

the penalties will continue to beat us if we don't get a handle on it.

Did the penalties beat us or did guys not making plays that they should have made beat us? Ok we spotted TD to Giants with dumb penalty on FG attempt , but that still only had NYG with 16 Pts . Penalties were aggravating, yes . Bills still would have won if they made the plays that were in front of them , especially on two red zone trips late and Bradham missed tackle.

Yep , the Giants tore the Bills up to the tune of 16 points until Bradham's late missed tackle that sprung a 2 yard pass for 51( a tackle he should have made easily.) the Bills D could have the day they did against many QBs all year and win more often than not. Why is the offense getting a pass when that side of the ball lost the game?

That sounds good, except that it's not true. Eli and the Giants offense did very little and this game had next to nothing to do with maturity or composure. Or coaching for that matter. The Bills had plays for TDs available to them and didn't execute them. The game was decided physically by the players on the field, not strategy. This was no chess match. Nearly every time a critical play could be made, I saw a Bills player get beat by a Giants player making a better one. That's it. If the Bills just made the plays that were available to them, they win easily, because the Giants concession with the quick throws limited their O to an anemic output vs Bills D. Bradham's huge missed tackle wasn't about discipline, he just got beat physically by a guy making a play.

Forcing the opposing QB to throw quickly is pressure in itself.

P.S. For a portion of the game, I was using the stop watch on my phone to time Manning. He was getting it very fast as the OP states. There is no question about that.

it seems they did a bit to dictate the style of play the giants had to use, if 1.79 seconds is accurate.

Please, you are smarter than that. I know that your main goal here is picking nits, but, it is up to the Bills to make the Giants do what they do not want to do, what they did not plan to do coming into the game.

Maybe on a track with no one in front of them. Otherwise, no.

When a QB has 4,5,6 seconds to get rid of the ball, we say "wow, he has all day back there, great protection"

When a QB gets rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds, we say "wow, our D just doesn't have enough time to get to the QB"

Maybe on a track with no one in front of them. Otherwise, no.

When a QB has 4,5,6 seconds to get rid of the ball, we say "wow, he has all day back there, great protection"

When a QB gets rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds, we say "wow, our D just doesn't have enough time to get to the QB"

The general concept behind the blitz is for a rusher to get through the line unblocked. The quick release neutralizes the blitz. With the blitz neutralized, the offense has a lot more flexibility.

The "Blue Print" hasn't so much neutralized the pass rush, as much as it has exposed a mediocre LB corp and secondary. As other posters have pointed out, forcing the QB to pass in less than 2 seconds is actually pressure of a type. If the linebackers and secondary were better, the QBs would not be able to find an open receivers as easily.

For all the criticism of the coaching, it seems like they adjusted better yesterday. Giants didn't do much on offense in the 2d half.

The Bills D was on the ropes a bit in the 1st half but they had a few big stops in the 2nd half to keep the game in reach. They had one major breakdown on the Jennings screen TD .. but they were on the field for a loongg time at that point in the game as the offense had hung em out to dry up to that point so I'm sure fatigue was starting to set in.

Take away the ticky tack Urbik holding call on Tyrod's 2nd half TD scramble.. and take away the crap chop block penalty on the TD pass to Charles Clay and we would be saying the defense did enough to win.