[closed]Greg Roman is as good as GONE!

KDIGGZ

Greg Roman is doing a good job as our new OC...a little TOO GOOD!!!

We knew at the beginning of the year that if we had a team that was at least mediocre on offense and paired it with our great defense that we would win a lot of games and be a force in the playoffs. Well, not only do we have a very good offense, but we have an offense that is at the top of the league in many categories!

- The Bills are #1 in the NFL in rushing yards per game, #3 in points per game, and #10 in yards per game

- Tyrod Taylor is completing 75% of his passes and has a QB rating of 116

- We look really goooooood

Despite the added complexity of the offense and the HUGE playbook they have to learn, the players have bought in to the system and are on board:

“I think the biggest thing is we’re looking to put the offense in favorable situations. We’re looking for certain things that defenses do and we’re trying to exploit weaknesses. We have a lot of different things to kind of dictate what they do and Greg uses all of them. He uses every trick in the book.” - Richie Incognito

"Last year, our entire scheme was inside zone. That's all we did. Now we have everything. Inside, outside zone, lots of man, power. Everything." - Kraig Urbik

“I would equate his running game to what we do defensively, moving guys around and trying to find mismatches or being creative on how to get yards,” - Kyle Williams

Roman was up for HC jobs last year and even interviewed for our HC job before Rex. His name has probably already climbed to the top of the list for this offseason. I think the only reason he isn't a HC already is because he needed a "prove it" opportunity where he could go in and resurrect an offense much like he did with Alex Smith in SF. Now he has proven it wasn't a fluke and that's why I believe he's as good as gone.

It's my belief that Jim Irsay will be reaching out to Greg Roman's people to let him know that the Indy job is his after this season. He will be re-united with Luck and he will turn that offense around and finally give them the running game they have been lacking for the past decade. So enjoy this offense while you can boys and girls because next year we will be back to square one with a new OC!

May be bit early for talking about how awesome offense is doing till they hit a better defense. New England lost a lot of talent on defense, Colts are known to be suspect on defense, and Jets have been struggling. Its not like we've hit a top defense that's been playing well yet. I do agree the offense is playing a lot better than many expected, but lets keep in mind the competition before start saying were one of the best on that side.

He's a very smart and creative guy who will probably make a decent head coach. To me, however, he may be a little less effective as a HC than a OC. He's at his best when he spends all his time thinking about offense and designing game plans and creating interesting new ways of doing things on offense. He even spends his days off doing this. If you take away some of that time as a HC that you have to devote to the other side of the ball and ST and other head coaching duties he may not be nearly as effective doing what he does best. That happens to a lot of guys. I suspect he will get a few interviews and I hope he's not hired. Selfishly of course.

May be bit early for talking about how awesome offense is doing till they hit a better defense. New England lost a lot of talent on defense, Colts are known to be suspect on defense, and Jets Fins have been struggling. Its not like we've hit a top defense that's been playing well yet. I do agree the offense is playing a lot better than many expected, but lets keep in mind the competition before start saying were one of the best on that side.

+1

Between this thread and the one about us being in salary cap hell next year (or even the one about losing Harvin next year), I'm really starting to think that this entire fan base is in need of counseling. Can't we just enjoy 2015 for now?

No. I'd rather think how we will need a win to get in. Lose that one.

Then go 0-16 in 2016.

Crash and burn. That makes me feel much better.

This is not a black cloud. I think the op is just happy we have a good oc.

Yep! We have a great OC. Possibly the best. I said in my OP to enjoy this season, which I will be doing. Just know that he's gone after this so let's just embrace it now so that we aren't heart-broken later. We can enjoy this season and watch how great he can make our offense in the meantime

Always something the op can worry about.

Yep! We have a great OC. Possibly the best. I said in my OP to enjoy this season, which I will be doing. Just know that he's gone after this so let's just embrace it now so that we aren't heart-broken later. We can enjoy this season and watch how great he can make our offense in the meantime

He was awesome vs the pats too !

I just hope there is a plan to keep continuity with the same offense if he does leave and not have some OC come in and change everything and start all over again. Especially since offensive success would mean the offense itself made good use of the talents of TT and the other players. Is that what Chris Palmer is here for?

He's a very smart and creative guy who will probably make a decent head coach. To me, however, he may be a little less effective as a HC than a OC. He's at his best when he spends all his time thinking about offense and designing game plans and creating interesting new ways of doing things on offense. He even spends his days off doing this. If you take away some of that time as a HC that you have to devote to the other side of the ball and ST and other head coaching duties he may not be nearly as effective doing what he does best. That happens to a lot of guys. I suspect he will get a few interviews and I hope he's not hired. Selfishly of course.

What do you make of the fact Roman decided to come here and be OC after he lost out on the HC job?

This thread again?

Roman isn't the only guy in the NFL doing great things on the offensive side of the ball. In fact I would bet he's not even the top of the list at this point. I'd imagine Hue Jackson and Josh McDaniels are both ahead of Roman. And although both their teams have gotten off to slow starts Adam Gase and Darrell Bevel are high up on people's lists too. Let's not forget about Reich either. That's assuming of course if a team wants to go with an offensive guys as HC. There are still defensive guys high up there as well.

Realistically, depending on how the season shakes out, I think you'll possibly see coaching vacancies in Jacksonville, Indy, Miami and maybe the NYG. I think Marrone has positioned himself in Jacksonville, purposefully.

Also, if this offense very good, to me that means playoff appearances. If that happens Roman might not be able to interview and therefore may get passed up.