QuarterBillionDollar embarrassment

saundena

Our $250MM D line was embarrassing. 1 sack all day long against a bunch of Patriot rookies on the road is simply awful. How in the hell did this happen? We're supposed to be so talented up front, I can't help but think that if we got a little more pressure up front and caused a sack or forced a 3rd down incompletionon one of the many Patriot scoring drives that we would have been at least tied on that last drive.

Thtee things that stink:

1. The vaunted Rex Ryan defense. This guy has more talent on D than he's ever had yet we looked completely inept.

2. Our discipline. Way too many costly penalties.

3. Our offensive game plan in the 2nd quarter. Throwing 1 yard passes against the Pats just won't cut it.

Not trying to be chicken little because we did lose to a good team but this game was a joke. When it comes down to it, they are better than us in every way possible. Not looking forward to the rematch.

Edited by saundena

Brady has always been the league leader in how fast he gets the ball out. I would argue if the stat was tracked historically he would be in the top 3 all time. It's why the Patriots can just rotate lineman at will. You get a few chances each game at him. We didn't take advantage of those chances outside of the strip sack. Rex did not have a good game plan. We didn't execute on any level defensively outside of stopping the run the few times the Patriots tried it. The defense was confused and not lined up correctly most the game. Pretty much everything sucked, which is how it usually goes when you allow 40 points.

This. Watch the game tape, try to figure out went wrong, and try to improve for the next time.

There is no next time. They were pathetic. The reason for penalties is they were beaten. This was like watching Marone, Gailey, and all the other inept coaches wrapped into one.

1 game, 1 freaking game against one of the best QBs and coaches in NFL history. My god, get a grip people.

it's not about "1 game"...it's about the pats, YET AGAIN, rolling up and down the field at will. we're getting nowhere against these guys. team was way overhyped and just played stupid. don't kid yourself...it was not a close game.

I think Rex's game plan was to rely on the front four to contain Brady, and not to blitz much. When the entire front four vanished, the game plan fell apart.

It was a good plan but it relied on great players to play great. They didn't.

It was good to see Corey Graham back. I'm praying for Aaron Willians.

1 game, 1 freaking game against one of the best QBs and coaches in NFL history. My god, get a grip people.

So there are 14 games to go. But for week two, this was THE game. Kiss the AFC east title goodbye. No way do we win in Foxboro MNF. So 0-2 behind the Pats best you can hope for is a wild card

it's not about "1 game"...it's about the pats, YET AGAIN, rolling up and down the field at will. we're getting nowhere against these guys. team was way overhyped and just played stupid. don't kid yourself...it was not a close game.

This. You get people dismissing critics with "it's just one game," but it's not. It's 15 years' worth of these games.

I think Rex's game plan was to rely on the front four to contain Brady, and not to blitz much. When the entire front four vanished, the game plan fell apart.

How can the front 4 have any impact when Brady is throwing 10 yard outs in 2 seconds or less all day long?

Blame the coach The defensive genius who did not adjust at all for 4 quarters. Enough of the rock star status-hype for Ryan.

Time to coach and STFU.

How can the front 4 have any impact when Brady is throwing 10 yard outs in 2 seconds or less all day long?

Blame the coach The defensive genius who did not adjust at all for 4 quarters. Enough of the rock star status-hype for Ryan.

Time to coach and STFU.

That's the most disturbing thing about this game. This defense was probably THE best in the NFL especially over the last 5-6 games last season leading the league in sacks. But, Rex knows better and blew up their old system for his superior one.

Well, I can't remember the last time the defense played this bad!! We're talking historically bad statistically. And, no Brady and company aren't THAT f'ing good. They were rotating three f'ing rookies on their o-line for Christ's sake!!!

And, no Brady and company aren't THAT f'ing good. They were rotating three f'ing rookies on their o-line for Christ's sake!!!

Actually, Brady and company are pretty f'ing good.

As for the rookies on the OL ..... not to make an excuse for the Bills DL but it has been reported that Belichick has said that the talent and skill on this years Pats OL is the best he's ever had. Last years Pats OL handled the bills DL without too much incident .... maybe it should have been expected that an even more skilled and talented Pats OL this time around, might fare better?

So is Aaron Rodgers, and we did an amazing job shuting him down last year. That's why I think everyone excepted so much more from this game. I knew the Pats * were going to put up some points, but not that many. Today ranks up there with our all time worst defensive performances. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Pats* game planned to take d-line out of game with quick throws and hurry up. Bills had no answer to counter this.

Yep, when you factor in Brady's INT and his fumble and his 59 pass attempts, and realize that the Bills had only 2 sacks, that means Brady went back to pass 61 times, and the Bills only got to him TWICE. That's NEVER gonna cut it.

As for the rookies on the OL ..... not to make an excuse for the Bills DL but it has been reported that Belichick has said that the talent and skill on this years Pats OL is the best he's ever had. Last years Pats OL handled the bills DL without too much incident .... maybe it should have been expected that an even more skilled and talented Pats OL this time around, might fare better?

I don't care how talented they are when you throw three rookies together on your offensive line, an nfl d-coordinator with three pro bowlers on his line would totally exploit it. Rex and Thurman got their asses handed to them today.

But how can u sack someone in 1.5 seconds? I have more of an issue with the gameplan for our secondary.

My issue was that they had Darby on Gronk and linebackers on Edelman. I would have had Gilmore on Gronk more and Darby on Edelman. Plus are defense had alot of comminucatiions problems today in my opiniion.

For the record I hate the scheme. Jerry Hughes earned his money chasing quarterbacks not covering WR's

I don't care how talented they are when you throw three rookies together on your offensive line, an nfl d-coordinator with three pro bowlers on his line would totally exploit it. Rex and Thurman got their asses handed to them today.

I agree that the DL got dominated but, in fairness, the Pats substituted OL constantly and never seemed to have the 3 rookies out there at the same time.

With all the money spent this season, one has to wonder if the Bills have been built to compete in the modern NFL. Millions on DT's, RB's, trading up for WR's, and signing UFA TE's. It didn't work today against a team they've got to beat...at home no less.

For the time being it is a quarterback league, and today we needed a QB to out score brady. We just couldnt do it.

A lot of blame to be passed around for this game, but it is pretty damn near impossible to beat brady/gronk/belichick together without a franchise QB

to your first point, I agree. But it was a stupid plan. Like watching Dave Wandstead all over again.

The corners should have been playing lots more press coverage on the line and trying to jam up Edelman on his release. Way too much sitting back in coverage.

how you don't jam Edelman every time that pint-sized punk is on the field is beyond me. If you give him 5 yards, Brady will throw him the ball instantly and he'll make you miss. 10 yard gain at least.

I miss The Schwartz already. His D was tight. Rex's D is sloppy. Where is Mario? Taking the scenic route around the right end? We have a secondary that couldn't tackle their own grandmother. 5 special teams penalties to start the game was atrocious. Last years D with this years O and maybe we would have something. Best D ever. hahahahahahahaha

Edited by bmur66

After this game it looks like we let the better D coach go. Where is Schwartz now anyways?

I miss The Schwartz already. His D was tight. Rex's D is sloppy. Where is Mario? Taking the scenic route around the right end? We have a secondary that couldn't tackle their own grandmother. 5 special teams penalties to start the game was atrocious. Last years D with this years O and maybe we would have something.

I'm sorry but you mean the same Schwartz who allowed Brady to throw for 4 TDs? The same Schwartz who didn't force a punt in the 2nd half of a game? Schwartz defense wasn't any better against the Pats** last year in a 37-22 loss at home.