Where Does This Win Rank?

Think this might be our biggest win since beating the Pats at home in 2011. Win last year versus the Packers comes to mind as well, but I think this game means more.

In addition, both of those previous wins could be explained away as flukes (an opinion that Mike Schopp shared the other day to my surprise). We did benefit from a couple tipped ball INTs and some mistakes by the other team (ex. the Jordy Nelson drop) in those games, but I don't agree with that view as I thought our defense really dominated in both contests.

Unlike those two games, we dominated start to finish and never gave the Colts any excuse to feel as though they gave away the game. Did all of that with a new QB, several new skill players (many of whom are still nursing injuries), and a new coaching staff. Played physical, punishing football and got big contributions from several role players (Karlos Williams, Mario Butler, Randall Johnson, etc.). Took down a huge contender in the AFC and made the Week 2 match up with the Pats that much more exciting.

Where do you think this win ranks in the last 5 years? 10 years? Or since the infamous playoff drought began?

What a game and a huge result for us...can't wait for the rest of this season and for more victories to discuss with you all.

they did a good job with the pack if I remember correctly. That was one season ago.

except that orton went 14/27 for 148, rambo had 2 interceptions, thigpen score on a 75 yard punt return and the d also scored a safety. other than that the games were mirror images.

I agree but I would be a little cautious cause I think indy is overrated. besides luck Hilton and vontae davis they really don't have much talent on that roster. gore and andre Johnson are descent but getting close to father time

This. And, Luck is not all he is cracked up to be. Since this cat has entered the league he has been crowned. He throws a lot of picks, 16 last year. I was concerned that our defensive backfield would take some time to adjust but I was wrong. This is a very good start but I wouldn't rank it up there as it is too early in the season. Nice having the tie breaker though:)

except that orton went 14/27 for 148, rambo had 2 interceptions, thigpen score on a 75 yard punt return and the d also scored a safety. other than that the games were mirror images.

it was a big win man think what you,want stats arent everything but the W is. Well except for you. yep today was great but biggest in the last 10 years " at least" Whatever.'Glad you had a great time. next week will be the biggest win in what??????

it was a big win man think what you,want stats arent everything but the W is. Well except for you. yep today was great but biggest in the last 10 years " at least" Whatever.'Glad you had a great time. next week will be the biggest win in what??????

f they win next week then i'll be convinced the bad old days are just that. even if they don't, i'll think that. this is, in popular parlance, a paradigm shift.

I consider this to be a HUGE win. The Colts will make the playoffs in the end, and IMO we didnt' merely beat them we beat the hell out of them. We benefited from a few cheap penalties that killed some of their best drives, but all in all we manhandled them, pressured them, and did what we set out to do.

Huge win. Top 5 win over the last 10 years IMO. I was very pleased. Congrats Rex--way to introdcue yourself.

If we have a big year then I would say this is up there. But if we flop and don't make the playoffs or do anything this year then this is nothing more than maybe a nice win. I will say that this win had a different feel to it. I felt like up until we took the 24-0 lead and our defense played off on the next drive we had them completely over-matched.

BTW, Rex became the first ever Bills coach to win his 1st game. Previously Bills coaches were 0-17 in their 1st game as Bills head coach.

as a win?

edit - Yes this was a GOOD win for the Buffalo Bills.

Seriously. Lets not go overboard after 1 win against Andrew Luck and the over hyped Colts.

1 down 15 more regular season games to go.

edit - If you have noticed this past season, I have not said Andrew Luck is a top 5 QB. This is an unfair dig and I say this mostly because the Colts team relies too much on him and he doesn't have a proper supporting cast.

Bring on the Taintriots

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

as a win?

Seriously. Lets not go overboard after 1 win against Andrew Luck and the over hyped Colts.

1 down 15 more regular season games to go.

there have been few meaningful games much less meaningful wins in the last 15 years. the bills have been irrelevant. this win makes them relevant again in my eyes. yes, they could end up 7-9 and out of the playoffs but this win shows light at the end of a monstrous tunnel.

BTW, Rex became the first ever Bills coach to win his 1st game. Previously Bills coaches were 0-17 in their 1st game as Bills head coach.

Not quite true. One other man won his first game...... Marv. New coaches coaching their first game in a season opener are 0-17... or now 1-17.

Marv's wasn't a season opener.

If this team goes on and has a good season, this win will rank high. As a statement of when the Bills arrived back in the NFL.

The previous recent wins against good teams (while great) all had a smoke and mirrors/luck element. Tipped INTs, special teams TDs, Jordy Nelson dropping a sure TD, etc. However, this game was the Bills looking like an outstanding, competent, and well-coached team beating an inferior team. The 'inferior' team happens to be an "AFC Finalist" and a popular SB pick.

If they beat the Patriots in the same fashion Sunday, look out and preserve your spot on the hypewagon. Itll be a fun ride we all deserve.

there have been few meaningful games much less meaningful wins in the last 15 years. the bills have been irrelevant. this win makes them relevant again in my eyes. yes, they could end up 7-9 and out of the playoffs but this win shows light at the end of a monstrous tunnel.

Yes it was a good win.

BUT it is still only week 1. This is a marathon and not a sprint. If you want to go out and buy Super Bowl tickets based on yesterday alone go ahead.

FYI. Andrew Luck has been blown out in his last 2 games. 45-7 and 27-14 by a 4th year player that never started or played a full NFL game.

Yes it was a good win.

BUT it is still only week 1. This is a marathon and not a sprint. If you want to go out and buy Super Bowl tickets based on yesterday alone go ahead.

FYI. Andrew Luck has been blown out in his last 2 games. 45-7 and 27-14 by a 4th year player that never started or played a full NFL game.

not sb tix but we did buy tix to the Nashville game last night. there were still face value tix for anyone considering that game: upper level 40 yard line- $62

If this team goes on and has a good season, this win will rank high. As a statement of when the Bills arrived back in the NFL.

The previous recent wins against good teams (while great) all had a smoke and mirrors/luck element. Tipped INTs, special teams TDs, Jordy Nelson dropping a sure TD, etc. However, this game was the Bills looking like an outstanding, competent, and well-coached team beating an inferior team. The 'inferior' team happens to be an "AFC Finalist" and a popular SB pick.

If they beat the Patriots in the same fashion Sunday, look out and preserve your spot on the hypewagon. Itll be a fun ride we all deserve.

Last seasons win over the Packers. Now that was a statement game. Good things to come.

It really is a tough call, that said that Colts looked pretty legit to me and yet were dominated. For the first time in years I felt all the talk about multiple threats and defenses being unable to cover everything actually came true. It looked like the Colts prepped to stop the run and, let's be fair, they did a really good job on that with maybe the exception being containing TT. Defense certainly got in Lucks head and forced him to throw earlier then he wanted, causing incompletes, defend able balls and turn overs, however the amount of sacks (2) was a bit low compared to the pressure they put on. Brady**(**) will be getting the ball out in a similar fashion, but will complete more given history; combine that with Gronk and we'll be hurting. Then again we're getting Marcel back this week.

The win was legit versus a very legit team, turnovers (Dorcell his PR fumble excluded) all forced through pressure. Refs were not on our side, that's for sure, and for once we over came that.

In the end we're still the Bills so I'll reserve judgement untill after we've won the Superbowl... ;)

Again I will state that it was a fine win, but I will rejoice and rank (2) games as the best ever in season game when the Bills SWEEP the Cheatriots.

Seeing the Colts get blown out in late Jan proves to me that, maybe they just didn't belong there.

In their defense they have won 11 games 3 straight years (or something like that). They are a good (not great) team.