Bills QB predictions: WK 1

TSOL

I'd like to start a thread to see what kind of numbers everyone expects Tyrod Taylor to put up week one against the Colts. Also a good thread to debate and argue all things QB related. My prediction for numbers for Tyrod is this:

19/27

Passing 180 yrds

Running 35 yrds

Td's passing 1

Td's running 1

Int 1

No fumbles

What does everyone else think?

Edited by mastershake

263 yards passing

19/26

2 tds

0ints

48 yards on the ground

Call me an optimist, but I calculated what his preseason would have looked like had he played full games and bumped up the passing numbers a bit to account for having a healthy wr group to throw to and Shady keeping defenses honest. That would be a pretty nice debut right there.

263 yards passing

19/26

2 tds

0ints

48 yards on the ground

Call me an optimist, but I calculated what his preseason would have looked like had he played full games and bumped up the passing numbers a bit to account for having a healthy wr group to throw to and Shady keeping defenses honest. That would be a pretty nice debut right there.

I'm a little more worried that he hasn't been able to build chemistry with them yet. Could be a little off in the first game. Also, I think Roman will limit his pass attempts in his first live action and try to run the ball to keep the Colts O off the filed.

I think its more 150-170 yds passing

He'll likely take off more due to his issues with chemistry, I'm thinking 120-130 yds running

1 TD and 2 INTs passing.

Running game will rule the day...

I'm a little more worried that he hasn't been able to build chemistry with them yet. Could be a little off in the first game. Also, I think Roman will limit his pass attempts in his first live action and try to run the ball to keep the Colts O off the filed.

I think its more 150-170 yds passing

He'll likely take off more due to his issues with chemistry, I'm thinking 120-130 yds running

1 TD and 2 INTs passing.

Running game will rule the day...

Damn,strong prediction, I was thinking they will try and keep him in the pocket more, to tell you the truth. Will be fun to watch the game plan though.

Damn,strong prediction, I was thinking they will try and keep him in the pocket more, to tell you the truth. Will be fun to watch the game plan though.

I guess I should clarify, I think that those will running yards will come primarily from non-designed running plays.

I have no clue. His body of work is too slender, and how much can you take from his performance in pre-season games? Is he really going to protect the ball as perfectly as he did in those games? I doubt it, but we'll see. Should be exciting.

Passing - 12 of 19 for 115 yards - 2 TD's and 2 Int's

Rushing - 10 Carries for 78 yards - 0 TD's and 1 Fumble

Oh, and Bills win 31 - 23

I'm guessing if Tyrod alone is responsible for 3 turnovers there is very little chance they hold the Colts to 23 points.

I think Roman is gonna call a pretty balanced game, with similar running and passing plays, looking for maybe 26-29 passing plays and maybe 30 or so running plays. Either way, i think if the Bills can score about 27 points, we win it, with our defense.

Plus the glimmer off of TT's diamond grill should dazzle and confuse the defense on more than a few plays ;)

9-22, 136 yards passing, 0 TD 2 INT, 7 carries for 43 yards and 1 TD. Bills 13 Colts 34

I love the optimism, but theres a good chance a first time starter has some troubles. Edited by mastershake

I don't believe the Bills will win without good play from Tyrod. I think he'll have no less than 250 yards passing and 50 yards on the ground. Like others, I believe Roman will keep the play calling to him staying in the pocket, but also believe that Taylor will improvise some. I'll say two touchdowns and no turnovers as well. This is Taylor's chance to start and I just don't see him being reckless with the ball out of the gates.

20/29 for 219 yards w/ 2 TD's and 1INT

6 rushes for 78 yards w/ 1 TD

I can see Roman mixing in plenty of planned roll outs/bootlegs along with what happens just to avoid pressure. Tyrod will definitely need to build chemistry with the guys who have been nursing injuries, but wouldn't these players with more talent help to make him look better? (maybe I'm being too optimistic)

I'd like to start a thread to see what kind of numbers everyone expects Tyrod Taylor to put up week one against the Colts. Also a good thread to debate and argue all things QB related. My prediction for numbers for Tyrod is this:

19/27

Passing 180 yrds

Running 35 yrds

Td's passing 1

Td's running 1

Int 1

No fumbles

What does everyone else think?

Call me optimistic, but I expect a good game out of him this week against the Colts:

226 yds Passing, 2 TD's, 0 INT

104 yds Rushing, 1 TD

I don't fear the Colts D on any level. I think there is going to be very little tape on TT, he's going to be fired up for his first start, its a home game, the stadium is going go to be insane, Rex and Roman are going to have these guys ready to run through a wall, etc. This team is ready for this new era and I would not want to come into Buffalo week 1 with no tape on this team and face them.

I think he throws a TD to either Sammy/Wood and one TD to Clay. I expect a Roman QB called running TD too inside the red zone.

FWIW: I don't know if we will win the game, I certainly believe we can definitely win this game, but our D is going to get really tested week 1 and Darby is going to have his hands full trying to guard either TY or AJ...so I do expect this to be a high scoring game and I already bet the over. I feel like we will get pressure and get our sacks, but when we don't hit Luck, I feel like we are going to be vulnerable down field and he has the weapons to throw to, including Gore out of the back field. So, while I love our D, expect a top 3 season from our D, I am being realistic and I still think we easily can give up more than 21 points this week. But I also think we can score 30+ this week on their D.

Damn, Sunday feels so far away! I can't wait for this game!

Final prediction: Bills win 34-27

Edited by Alphadawg7

Call me optimistic, but I expect a good game out of him this week against the Colts:

226 yds Passing, 2 TD's, 0 INT

104 yds Rushing, 1 TD

I don't fear the Colts D on any level. I think there is going to be very little tape on TT, he's going to be fired up for his first start, its a home game, the stadium is going go to be insane, Rex and Roman are going to have these guys ready to run through a wall, etc. This team is ready for this new era and I would not want to come into Buffalo week 1 with no tape on this team and face them.

I think he throws a TD to either Sammy/Wood and one TD to Clay. I expect a Roman QB called running TD too inside the red zone.

FWIW: I don't know if we will win the game, I certainly believe we can definitely win this game, but our D is going to get really tested week 1 and Darby is going to have his hands full trying to guard either TY or AJ...so I do expect this to be a high scoring game and I already bet the over. I feel like we will get pressure and get our sacks, but when we don't hit Luck, I feel like we are going to be vulnerable down field and he has the weapons to throw to, including Gore out of the back field. So, while I love our D, expect a top 3 season from our D, I am being realistic and I still think we easily can give up more than 21 points this week. But I also think we can score 30+ this week on their D.

Damn, Sunday feels so far away! I can't wait for this game!

Final prediction: Bills win 34-27

Awesome breakdown, Alphadawg! If TT pulls off a performance like that, he will really raise some eyebrows around the league. Will need an entire sportscenter all his own for a game like that!

I think we should expect him to play well. That is one of the worst defenses that the Bills will face all year. Indy has a really good offense but a miserable defense.

Yup. No one knows what Buffalo's offense is going to look like yet, let alone how a guy with no NFL starts is going to look. Predicting stats seems crazy at this point, all I know is that the Bills offense is going to be more dynamic than most are expecting.

Bills beat the Colts by two touchdowns.

Awesome breakdown, Alphadawg! If TT pulls off a performance like that, he will really raise some eyebrows around the league. Will need an entire sportscenter all his own for a game like that!

Thanks, and I honestly believe that TT can pull off that kind of performance this week, especially this week considering the circumstances I mentioned above. We will see, I am pretty tempted to use him my FanDuel plays too because he is so cheap and has so much upside with a good matchup this week. Add in that its at home, his first start, Rex and Romans first game, no film on this offense, tons of weapons to keep the defense honest, and I see a recipe for big coming-out party for TT.

Just my 2 cents though :)

GO BILLS

I have no idea other than I think he will pass the ball <20 times.

I think we should expect him to play well. That is one of the worst defenses that the Bills will face all year. Indy has a really good offense but a miserable defense.

their pass defense isn't too bad. Vontae Davis is a stud. New safety Geathers probably better than the old safety Landry. I am not sure if their CB2 is playing or not, he was hurt (Toler)

Indy likes to blitz - it's the only way they can get a pass rush. I am hoping G RO exploits this.

Edited by YoloinOhio