Robert Woods Serious Trade Bait--conjecture

cue the, "hey, we have more than 1 good guy at a position so lets trade him" thread. lol at how every year we have to trade a good player because we have one guy whos better. Its called depth. go play fantasy football rather than waste internet space with garbage like this.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woods has been money for this team ! He is there all the time (for the most part) for games, you know if a ball is thrown his way he is more than likely going to catch it, & at times he has been a saving grace on our offense ...

I think he is one of the building blocks with this offense, & with a GOOD QB he would be even better .

If they were to use him for trade bait it had better be one heck of a player & one of those Whaley wheeler dealer deals!

Like the C.Bennet deal that Pollian pulled off ...

Edited by T master

Woods was always thought of as a solid #2 WR. He's thought to be a top-notch possession guy. Watkins is the game breaker, #1 guy. They complement one another. Woods is exactly the player the Bills thought he was on draft day.

That's why teams that are hurting won't offer much in a trade. Green Bay and Carolina are only interested in #1 WRs, as they are stocked with #2 guys.

The Bills are in win-now mode. While it's nice to stock-pile #1 picks, dumping Woods is only going to hurt their chances to make the playoffs this year. Harvin can't run the route tree like Woods and the rookies will be too green to be as consistent as Woods.

So if by some miracle some desperate team offers the Bills a #1 pick, it only hurts their chances to make the playoffs this year, which makes it even more unlikely that they would make this trade.

for trade bait you pitch him as a #1 guy in a better situation, with either a better QB or being considered the #1 (or both). Compare him to the breakout Antonio Brown had when Wallace left Pittsburgh.

As high as expectations are for this year, odds are quite high we're not winning it all. How often has a new coach done that? Truth is it will take a year or so to see what we have, and for the new staff to make all the changes they need. Having an additional 1st round pick next year would totally compliment that. If Woods projection will be around 600 yards this season, I have no problem trading that away given our depth

Edited by JTSP

This is asinine. Let me get this straight. You wanna get rid of our 2nd best WR for a draft pick because you're impressed by a bunch of un-drafted free agents who are doing well in the preseason against 3rd and 4th string CBs? If you feel that those guys will do well against Revis and Cromartie, then more power to ya...

I don't think this will happen but this idea has more merit than the emotional responses are giving it credit for.

I'd trade Woods for a starting corner. I like Darby, but not as starting CB2 his rookie year. We have no idea how long McKelvin will be out. Or if he'll be able to come back and stay healthy, this is the same ankle injury from the end of last season. It's possible he is literally on his last leg.

Edited by LA Grant

See the second subheading (in blue-green type) on this website and read it: http://riveraveblues.com/2009/11/the-rab-guide-to-sanity-during-the-hot-stove-season-19809/

Words to live by.

For those who don't want to click through:

Your trade proposal sucks

As fans, we love to come up with trade proposals to help our team. That’s great, but 99.999999999% of the time, the trade proposed is unrealistic. This might be for a number of reasons, both obvious and non-obvious. Fans overvaluing their team’s prospects is the main reason for ridiculous trade proposals, but there are plenty of others.

Woods is a pretty good NFL receiver.....and......will be a better long term guy for the Bills than will Harvin. Harvin makes 6mil....and, Woods will be available long term for half or less than than. And, Woods is more durible, younger, and on par w/ Harvin. Yes, Harvin has a big rep....and has delivered a few times....but he is an intermittant performer. Harvin may have cleaned up his act...and he acknowledges he needs to become a complete receiver yet....whereas Woods is already a complete receiver. Bottom line...sign up Woods long term.....and figure Harvin for a one year rental...and save half of the 6mil Harvin is getting to pay Darieus. I figure the only reason Harvin is here is the Ryan likes to bring in his former Jet players...........

Edited by bigK14094

Why? Woods in a packers uni is 1,000+ WR. Isnt tnag worth a 1st?

Very rarely do teams part with a 1st rd pick.

Brandon Marshall was just traded for a 5th rd pick. Chicago had to add a 7th

Mike Wallace was traded for a 5th rd pick Mia had to add a 7th

Kenny Stills for a 3rd rd pick

All guys on par or better than Woods.

Very rarely do teams part with a 1st rd pick.

Brandon Marshall was just traded for a 5th rd pick. Chicago had to add a 7th

Mike Wallace was traded for a 5th rd pick Mia had to add a 7th

Kenny Stills for a 3rd rd pick

All guys on par or better than Woods.

Marshal and wallace damaged goods with declining numbers and big contracts. Stills I don't know much about other than being a 5th round pi k whose numbers are inflated due to playing with brees. I would say if they got a 3rd for him there a chance woods gets a 1st (almost certain a 2nd)

I'm all for exploring what could make our team better in the long term. I'm not saying trade him for nothing but if a team wants a nice number 2 guy who has a low cap hit for two years they might be willing to take a look at woods. We added a ton of talent with clay and shady and if we get an extra first for next years draft we could have the ammo to move and grab a qb maybe or add some talent at a different position.

I'm all for exploring what could make our team better in the long term. I'm not saying trade him for nothing but if a team wants a nice number 2 guy who has a low cap hit for two years they might be willing to take a look at woods. We added a ton of talent with clay and shady and if we get an extra first for next years draft we could have the ammo to move and grab a qb maybe or add some talent at a different position.

not a bad through. I was actually thinking about this yesterday (and was not intoxicated). But, we don't really have a solid #2 after Watkins. On the other hand, perhaps with Harvin and Clay that makes up for it. Then you factor in injuries. But if we get a #1, it makes it hard to pass up because it could be packaged and used to grab a QB if we need one, or if not, could be used on its own to replace Woods if need be. So, yeah, I'm conflicted.

No, no they wont. You are not going to get a first for Robert Woods.

hence the word "may." You probably also thought there was no way you'd get McCoy for Alonso straight up? Strange things happen. If the Packers think they are a WR away from being great now, they could do it.

Why are we even discussing this......Woods is a valuable player to US

draft picks are crapshoot

that's why we are discussing it. Why have a discussion where everyone agrees?

hence the word "may." You probably also thought there was no way you'd get McCoy for Alonso straight up? Strange things happen. If the Packers think they are a WR away from being great now, they could do it.

that's why we are discussing it. Why have a discussion where everyone agrees?

Here is how that would go, Packers call about Woods, Bills say give us a first, Packers say no thanks, hang up the phone. Then call 30 other teams about a WR that they can trade a 5th or later for that would put up similar numbers to Woods with Rodgers as their QB.

I don't agree with that :beer:

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.

A: Yes it is.

M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.

A: No it isn't.

M: It is!

A: It is not.

M: Look, you just contradicted me.

A: I did not.

M: Oh you did!!

A: No, no, no.

M: You did just then.

A: Nonsense!

M: Oh, this is futile!

M: I came here for a good argument.

A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

A: It can be.

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.

A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'

A: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!