EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

Experience? Plus the not undermining him thing. What's to be gained by sitting him? Unless he's injured, nothing.

Did you see Tyrod get up slowly after he was cringing on the turf yesterday? I know I did.

Yep, let him play and get injured in meanness games That will bode well for next season if he gets hurt and needs surgery.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can EJ be evaluated fairly when he is always playing with the second and third team offense ? He should be given a fair chance to win the job.

WHY? the season turned in London when EJ single handedly screw it up with a 3 turnover nightmare in a matter of 5 minutes.

EJ simply can't get the clock in his head correct. He's late on throws far too often. He admits he sees it on the field but doesn't trust the read. That extra 1/2 second to 1 second makes all the difference. This is TT team, we need to play him and get him as much experience as possible. Not turn it over to a guy who is gonna get released. EJ should have played last year vs NE but Dougie boy wanted the 9-7 record.

Did you see Tyrod get up slowly after he was cringing on the turf yesterday? I know I did.

Yep, let him play and get injured in meanness games That will bode well for next season if he gets hurt and needs surgery.

Injury risk would be a valid reason, but only if he's too injured to play or hurt in a way that playing carries a significant risk of further injury. You don't sit him if he's healthy though.

Experience? Plus the not undermining him thing. What's to be gained by sitting him? Unless he's injured, nothing.

agreed.

Throws the whole game day askew. timing with receivers, cadence etc. Just asking for trouble.

on another note..

Nova i think you need to let TT get another offseason under his belt with these players and this team.

he has been reigned in properly by Roman.

I am surprised you too have lost patience with him. To me he looks better every week,and is willing to carry the team by running when the pass play breaks down.

How many times did he NOT slide and get the yards Sunday.

I was and EJM Fanboi. Till i wasnt.

He fumbled yesterday. any one catch that ?

Still like EJ but he should never start for the Bills.

You know what, both EJ and Taylor looked bad when they had to throw the ball 30+ times a game. Conversely, both looked good when they didn't need to throw more than 30 times a game and the run game was working to the tune of 30 rushes a game.

It looks to me like Greg Roman has the formula on how to develop an inexperienced QB by pounding the rock while letting him find the receiver in single coverage. How long it takes is another question.

Thank you! and yes it is another question.

Give him another offseason as the Guy and give the team an opportunity to get on board. They had NO idea who was starting this season i bet and that is tough on everyone involved

Great thread!

zombie apocalypse !

no more need to try to get the first down by running. It's over.

Chuck away or throw out of bounds.

No one is going to sacrifice their health at this point. Rex better tell Tyrod he is, The Guy next year and has nothing to prove by getting the first down with his feet.

slide and live for another day even.

Edited by 3rdand12

Whoever resurrected this thread, your kidding right? Do we not have the same programming on when he single handedly lost the Jax game, then was so god awful on those dumb trick plays.

You want to rest TT, put in Josh Johnson who played for Roman and see if he can run the offense as a viable back up. I knwo from his time at the Bucs, he is certainly better than EJ.

Guys, the season is over. Enjoy the games the next two weeks and follow some playoff bound team and have fun. i know it sucks on the Bills again, but I for one am going to truly enjoy my time with the family for the holidays, and have some laughs, and couple of Bailey's.

Merry Christmas guys.

Whoever resurrected this thread, your kidding right? Do we not have the same programming on when he single handedly lost the Jax game, then was so god awful on those dumb trick plays.

You want to rest TT, put in Josh Johnson who played for Roman and see if he can run the offense as a viable back up. I knwo from his time at the Bucs, he is certainly better than EJ.

Guys, the season is over. Enjoy the games the next two weeks and follow some playoff bound team and have fun. i know it sucks on the Bills again, but I for one am going to truly enjoy my time with the family for the holidays, and have some laughs, and couple of Bailey's.

Merry Christmas guys.

JJ is an interesting thought. Let's you decide if he's a viable back up or not.

The season is over.

Tyrod failed to get the team to the promised land. If you are going to shop people then now is the time to showcase any value they may have. What harm can it do? They lose, they get a better draft pick. They win EJ's value rises.

Any value EJ has at this point is in the eyes of an egomaniac coach, who mind you do exist. However more of this kid on film would only compromise their belief that their own omnipotence can overcome his staggering shortcomings. And believe me I held out hope longer than most.

Merry Christmas guys.

Merry Christmas !!

How can EJ be evaluated fairly when he is always playing with the second and third team offense ? He should be given a fair chance to win the job.

These are examples of why public forums are just that.... Public, and NOT sources of insight. there is absolutely NO football reason what so ever that EJ should have time with the first string. Tyrod Taylor has done everything he needs to do to lock up the QB position for the foreseeable future. It amazes me that there are still people who have actually watched this team play this year who still think otherwise.

Edited by Meatplow

EJ and the Bills were winning the Jax game 35-30 with 4 minutes left. The "great" Rex Ryan defense let Blake Bortles go 73 yards to take the lead. EJ had a HORRIFIC game, but it said a lot that they fought and regained the LEAD under his leadership. I often wondered how the HEADLINES would have read if the D wouldn't have allowed that drive and the Bills would've won that game?

EJ and the Bills were winning the Jax game 35-30 with 4 minutes left. The "great" Rex Ryan defense let Blake Bortles go 73 yards to take the lead. EJ had a HORRIFIC game, but it said a lot that they fought and regained the LEAD under his leadership. I often wondered how the HEADLINES would have read if the D wouldn't have allowed that drive and the Bills would've won that game?

The defense wasn't the problem that day. A bogus third-and-15 PI call on Roby saved the Jaguars' asses - not to mention Hughes was clearly held on the ensuing TD pass.

Manuel handed the Jags 21 straight points in that game. The Bills' defense stuffed the Jags for most of the day after that, including contributing a goal-line stand and a touchdown by Graham.

We are often left wondering what could have been with the bills...

Headline:

"Bills overcome Manuel mistakes to topple Jaguars"

Good point? EJ was in for 2 plays!!! What is the good point?

EJ love really has no boundaries, does it?

I am hoping he is worth more in the trade market than a conditional 7th round pick. I guess the chances are around 50/50.

Judging from a lot of the post, the relentless trashing of the backup QB really has no boundaries.

Headline:

"Bills overcome Manuel mistakes to topple Jaguars"

To be fair

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Patriots"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Giants"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple KC"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Philly"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Washington"

Injury risk would be a valid reason, but only if he's too injured to play or hurt in a way that playing carries a significant risk of further injury. You don't sit him if he's healthy though.

Not to change the topic. Then you'd agree Shady should sit out the next 2 weeks with his injured knee.

You guys did watch the Jacksonville "game", right??

see above

Any value EJ has at this point is in the eyes of an egomaniac coach, who mind you do exist. However more of this kid on film would only compromise their belief that their own omnipotence can overcome his staggering shortcomings. And believe me I held out hope longer than most.

Which is 16 games compared to 14 games right?

What is the W/L differential between the two? Tyrod 6 wins 6 losses? EJ 6-8 2014 2-2, 2013 4-6 (Bills were leading when Cleveland took out EJ's knee)

I would not be surprised if the Bills lose the next 2 maybe 1-1 at best. that would make Tyrod 7-7 or 6-8. So overwhelming is the argument that with more talent on offense this season the two W/L records are similar.

Here's the story on EJ. Last week, he had two special situation plays. The first was a designed run out of the shotgun. No decision, just get the first down. Success. The second was a read option. EJ managed to misread the the lineman AND run in the opposite direction of the blocking. Drive Killer.

Analysis: We don't need to see EJ. We need to see TT in a pass happy offense. See what he looks like if we really open things up.

I am hoping he is worth more in the trade market than a conditional 7th round pick. I guess the chances are around 50/50.

i'm thinking the only way we get a 6th round pick for EJ is if we trade EJ and a 5th rounder for that 6th rounder in return......laffin.

i'm thinking the only way we get a 6th round pick for EJ is if we trade EJ and a 5th rounder for that 6th rounder in return......laffin.

Yup. The real problem with trading Manuel for anything at all is his contract. 1 year, $1.616M fully guaranteed. No one wants that. There's no upside to it. If he sucks, the team would be stuck with the contract. If he turns it around, the team would have to deal with him being a FA. Once he's cut a team might sign him to a small 2 or 3 year contract, but that's about it for him. Last chance coming up.

The only good news for the Bills is that his contract has offsets so whatever he gets paid by another team next season will be deducted from the $1.616M salary and cap hit.

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Patriots"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Giants"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple KC"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Philly"

"Bills overcome T-Mobile mistakes to topple Washington"

T-Mobile is the carrier some use to save money. The coverage isn't that good and seems to disappear for long stretches of time.

No service in Massachussets**

why is this even a thing?

Do you ever wonder if some of these people are watching the same game as the rest of the world? It is impossible to have watched EJ play so far and think "this might be the guy."

What has happened is that some people argued so hard all offseason for him that they just don't want to look foolish. They look for every opportunity to be proven right regardless of how wrong they are. I don't hate EJ but he can't play in this league. There are a lot of nice guys that haven't been able to play.

Wow... 42 pages of debate over a guy who couldn't hit the side of a barn if he was in it. Threads like these have to be posted intentionally to infuriate more intelligent and rational fans with common sense.

EJ actually made me miss JP Losman, and he was an All-Time, MVP, consensus Turnover Machine equaled by no other mortal man, with the incredible ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

T-Mobile is the carrier some use to save money. The coverage isn't that good and seems to disappear for long stretches of time.

No service in Massachussets**

LMAO

Wow... 42 pages of debate over a guy who couldn't hit the side of a barn if he was in it. Threads like these have to be posted intentionally to infuriate more intelligent and rational fans with common sense.

EJ actually made me miss JP Losman, and he was an All-Time, MVP, consensus Turnover Machine equaled by no other mortal man, with the incredible ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

59.1 % completion ratio - That must be a really thin barn, maybe 5 inches wide? 16 oops 14 games a bust @ 6-8

63.2 % completion ratio - what a huge difference WRT Tyrod 12 games a hero @ 6-6

If you people don't want to hear or post about the backup then LET IT GO. Believing Tryod is a MAJOR improvement over the backup just isn't true when it comes down to Wins and Losses.

Is TT better than EJ in some areas? Yes, but not all. TT an Elite / Franchise / Savior - far from it.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

LMAO

59.1 % completion ratio - That must be a really thin barn, maybe 5 inches wide? 16 games a bust @ 6-8

63.2 % completion ratio - what a huge difference WRT Tyrod 12 games a hero @ 6-6

If you people don't want to hear or post about the backup then LET IT GO. Believing Tryod is a MAJOR improvement over the backup just isn't true when it comes down to Wins and Losses.

Is TT better than EJ in some areas? Yes, but not all. TT an Elite / Franchise / Savior - far from it.

I am not a fan of any QBs currently on the roster. You're comparing a rotten apple with a slightly less rotten apple. Good job.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Yup. The real problem with trading Manuel for anything at all is his contract. 1 year, $1.616M fully guaranteed. No one wants that. There's no upside to it. If he sucks, the team would be stuck with the contract. If he turns it around, the team would have to deal with him being a FA. Once he's cut a team might sign him to a small 2 or 3 year contract, but that's about it for him. Last chance coming up.

The only good news for the Bills is that his contract has offsets so whatever he gets paid by another team next season will be deducted from the $1.616M salary and cap hit.

Really? What are most teams paying their #2 QB?

Yet it appeared that you were only ragging on the backup. Good job.

The obvious difference between our current #1 and #2 is that with TT there is hope he will continue to improve. You don't seem to have grasped this yet.

Highly unlikely IMO. Anyways, it will be more satisfying to me if DW is forced to cut him as one of the conditions for staying with the team.

The obvious difference between our current #1 and #2 is that with TT there is hope he will continue to improve. You don't seem to have grasped this yet.

Or maybe good sir it is you and others who fail to grasp this.

It is the opinion of some that EJ isn't a total failure.

It is the opinion of some that TT isn't the "total package" as many perceive.

The irony here is you have one guy with a 4-6 record and one guy with a 6-6 record.

Both are inconsistent, both have problems viewing the entire field. One throws fewer INT's because he hardly throws the ball.

Have you seen TT run an efficient 2 minute drill (and not in garbage time down 18 points)?

To finish off - Hope. That everlasting word.

- If he did so on Sunday against the Skins I turned the game off.

He'd be going in as a reclamation project and he'd have to earn the #2 spot anywhere he went. Teams might want to take a look at him - and I'm sure some will - but they'd also want to be able to cut ties easily in the likely scenario that he wouldn't work out. $1.616M guaranteed precludes that. And then there's the unlikely event that he turns it around. He'd be a free agent after the big turn around year. No team wants that scenario. He could walk as a FA and do well elsewhere or he could get overpaid by the team and regress. No, he will get a low salary, 2-3 year deal with little to no signing bonus somewhere. It'll have incentives in case he improves, but they'll be no real cap consequences if he's cut - even in training camp. And Manuel will want another chance and he will still get his entire $1.616M in 2016.