EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

Matt Cassel is the guy for people who clip coupons, drive the speed limit, and make their bed every day. The hand wringers who are just going to be happy with the idea of making the playoffs. To me, that approach would be wasting a defense that will probably be in it's prime THIS season.

I am less concerned with consistency, than Points Per Possession. I know that might put more pressure on our defense, but better on them than on the offense (because the defense is the strength of the team). If one guy gets 7 points out of 3 possessions, while the other guy gets 2 field goals out of those 3 possessions, I prefer the first guy.

Cassel may be more consistent, but if he is only getting field goals, and can't get the ball downfield during the last 5 minutes of a game, there will be lots of games that slip away. The defense that holds down the opponents for most of the game, wears down, has to play Prevent-style for the last drive against a good QB, and the game slips away. 10-9, 14-10 type losses. This has haunted the Bills for an eternity. I can't sit through another Kelly Holcomb style offense.

EJM has probably been at his best in 2-minute situations. I also think the running game will be better with EJM than Cassel, because EJM can actually get the ball downfield.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. But let me ask you this. If the Bills played EJ all day and Cleveland played Manziel all day, which team would have ended up with the most points at the end of the game?

If you honestly think the Bills would have won then I get your point. I don't see how anyone could think that. I am confident that the Bills would have lost that game by more than 7.

I'm fairly confident that Manziel would have been lying on his back for a good stretch facing the Bills ones. He's a mirage and it was ESPN's wet dream for him to play passably well last night.

I love this site for Bills news and rumors and never get in on the conversations but i must say I am so confused why this board is always filled with EJ talk. He's our 3rd string qb at best and yet he's all everyone on here talks about. There is a reason he is with the 3s in practice and in preseason games. All your bickering and stupid 4th quarter stat lines mean nothing and will never help him start for any team in the NFL. He's had more than enough chances to prove himself and he has yet to do so. I wanted him to be the franchise when went drafted him as well. But he's not and never will be. I just don't get the support for him. We're you all supportive of all of our 1st round busts also? Again he's been 3rd the whole time and always will be time to start discussing Tyrod or Cassell and just drop EJ. Just trust the coaches who obviously see he doesn't have it. That is all. I'm sure there will be 100 keyboard Warriors attacking me for this, my picture which I set when wr drafted him and don't know how to change, the amount of my posts and dumb stuff like that so flame away. And go Bills.

I love this site for Bills news and rumors and never get in on the conversations but i must say I am so confused why this board is always filled with EJ talk. He's our 3rd string qb at best and yet he's all everyone on here talks about. There is a reason he is with the 3s in practice and in preseason games. All your bickering and stupid 4th quarter stat lines mean nothing and will never help him start for any team in the NFL. He's had more than enough chances to prove himself and he has yet to do so. I wanted him to be the franchise when went drafted him as well. But he's not and never will be. I just don't get the support for him. We're you all supportive of all of our 1st round busts also? Again he's been 3rd the whole time and always will be time to start discussing Tyrod or Cassell and just drop EJ. Just trust the coaches who obviously see he doesn't have it. That is all. I'm sure there will be 100 keyboard Warriors attacking me for this, my picture which I set when wr drafted him and don't know how to change, the amount of my posts and dumb stuff like that so flame away. And go Bills.

Why should anyone listen to you if you don't know how to internet? :lol: J/K

The line "never will be" is what people flame at you over. The rest is a defensible position.

More than enough chances?

Right as he was beginning to look good, albeit still a rookie, he got hurt.

Meanwhile, despite being completely handcuffed by incompetent coaching, he starts 2-2 year two, after not having even played a full season, yet gets benched.

EJ never had a fair chance with the old staff. When given a chance to actually play his game, he looked to be on the right track. Then Moron and Hackett made him timid and ruined what confidence he had.

When given an opportunity to perform this preseason he has. He needs the start with the 1s next week to prove he can be the guy.

Maybe you don't realize how crappy Matt Cassel is yet? It's likely going to become apparent to you at some point this season. Get ready.

It's what people like to talk about. It is the most controversial thing happening on the team right now. And there is a lot of man love on here for EJ whether warranted or not. He is a likable guy and some people here are in love with him. Yes in that way too.

I am with you though. If you want to fire up some old Fitzpatrick threads, count me in. I'm still pissed he wasn't on this team last year.

It's what people like to talk about. It is the most controversial thing happening on the team right now. And there is a lot of man love on here for EJ whether warranted or not. He is a likable guy and some people here are in love with him. Yes in that way too.

I am with you though. If you want to fire up some old Fitzpatrick threads, count me in. I'm still pissed he wasn't on this team last year.

I admit I do find EJ a very handsome young man. :blush::unsure:

Edited by GunnerBill

Never had a fair chance? He definitely had a fair chance the past 2 seasons and in training camp. He was never ahead in the qb race at all. Football isn't about what's fair it's about who plays the best and he has not played the best.

There's a sign of real maturity. :thumbsup: Wait? You're a FitzPickSix fan? :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Never had a fair chance? He definitely had a fair chance the past 2 seasons and in training camp. He was never ahead in the qb race at all. Football isn't about what's fair it's about who plays the best and he has not played the best.

And was the week 1 starter both seasons. Dude deserves a chance to show what he has now with the starters.

Pretty sure EJ was looking past the Cleveland fans here, and at Joe B, Rodak, and Leroi.

Yet another game winning drive

yHBbn9f.jpg

Edited by DrDareustein

And was the week 1 starter both seasons. Dude deserves a chance to show what he has now with the starters.

Why does he "deserve" a shot with the starters? Because he makes a couple good passes in the 4th quarter against guys who won't even be in the nfl in a few weeks? Being a nice guy and working hard does not entitle you a chance to start. If you don't got it you don't got it. 2 different NFL coaching staffs who get paid millions of dollars see that yet you dont?

I wear glasses, thanks.

Might want to get that prescription updated then.