EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

A lot of people don't want to see Kap 2.0 or Kap, the original.

In this debate, I am pretty ambivalent. I will be okay with any of the three guys. But for some reason I find myself pulling a bit more for EJ, maybe just so he can vindicate himself.

But why Jr????????????

Cause he was good vs 3rd sringers?

If anything the last 2 games have just solidified him a job. That's it. But never a consideration for a #1. He will always be an unlucky/average qb.

Dont take me serioius. But that's the way it is.

No one wanted Tuel over EJ last year -- no one who really knows what they're watching on Sundays at least. Let's not get carried away.

No one?????

You guys have short term memory. Im done then.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why Jr????????????

If anything the last 2 games have just solidified him a job. That's it. But never a consideration for a #1. He will always be an unlucky/average qb.

Because he's been making many more accurate and decisive NFL caliber throws regardless of the opposition.

But why Jr????????????

The point most people are making about EJ's performance this preseason is that he's improved from where he was last year. Is it enough to be the starter over Taylor? Debatable still at the moment -- which is a far cry from where many expected EJ to be when camp started. He's still in the race, he's shown improvement in some key areas (even if it was against the 3s, his mechanical improvements and footwork have developed some).

So considering the fact he's shown actual improvement, how can you say with a straight face he's "always" going to be any way or the other? That's just silly.

But why Jr????????????

No one?????

You guys have short term memory. Im done then.

He was talking about posters with actual brain synapses firing.

The point most people are making about EJ's performance this preseason is that he's improved from where he was last year. Is it enough to be the starter over Taylor? Debatable still at the moment -- which is a far cry from where many expected EJ to be when camp started. He's still in the race, he's shown improvement in some key areas (even if it was against the 3s, his mechanical improvements and footwork have developed some).

So considering the fact he's shown actual improvement, how can you say with a straight face he's "always" going to be any way or the other? That's just silly.

I already noted his improvement.

I think TT is not getting enough credit.

Changed the freaking pace of the game last week. Got in scoring position really quick. Hey, it bumped him the starting gig yesterday.

Then yesterday he opened with that long drive with clutch 3rd down conversions. WITH no run game. vs 1st string defense.

I applaud Ej. But TT is ahead of him right now.

You're a strange one ace. Must be all those non coffee drinks at Starbucks.

No one wanted tuel just like no one wants Simms. Let's act like there's some non kookoo fans here too

Actually drinking a blue can NOS energry drink right now.

But that' irrelevant!

Lol.

Good for him.

What does this imply here? That faced with his improvement, you prefer to look the other way? I really don't understand. Are you a Bills fan or are you a selfish person that just wants to be right all the time?

Edited by fridge

I already noted his improvement.

I think TT is not getting enough credit.

Changed the freaking pace of the game last week. Got in scoring position really quick. Hey, it bumped him the starting gig yesterday.

Then yesterday he opened with that long drive with clutch 3rd down conversions. WITH no run game. vs 1st string defense.

I applaud Ej. But TT is ahead of him right now.

Taylor's getting plenty of credit, check out the headlines this morning. And I think Taylor is firmly in the lead for the starting gig -- but to claim EJ is "always going to be an average QB" is to deny he's made any progress at all. And that's just false.

When the dust settles I expect it to shake out with Taylor in the top spot, Cassel as the game day back up (the vet presence who can come into a game and win it if Taylor goes down), and EJ as the 3rd -- but EJ is the guy who will start if Taylor goes down for an extended stretch, not Cassel.

How can EJ be evaluated fairly when he is always playing with the second and third team offense ? He should be given a fair chance to win the job.

You do know he is going into his third year. He's had 14 regular season games with a first team offense.

I like EJ and like that he's showing some nice improvement, but let's not get carried away. Fair has nothing to do with anything in the NFL, it's about Ws.

Maybe the coaches have made up their mind, maybe not, no one really knows. If EJ starts this week is it a sign that they haven't yet?

Usually the starter plays game 3 and takes game 4 off or plays little. But during this competition, things are not being done as usual. So who really knows what it means regarding who starts.

I like TT but think he runs too much. It looks good in smaller sample sizes, I just wish he had his head up more and continued to look downfield. Will that come over time? Maybe.

I think EJ throws the best ball and puts more velocity into his throws. Usually this is a plus, but he hasn't had the touch when it was needed in the past haven't seen him in that position yet this year. Have only seen the games on TV, no practices.

But isn't that what you want from your quarterback? He's supposed to throw the ball. Obviously there are other intangibles.

I voted for EJ, but think he needs to show it with the ones still.

You do know he is going into his third year. He's had 14 regular season games with a first team offense.

I like EJ and like that he's showing some nice improvement, but let's not get carried away. Fair has nothing to do with anything in the NFL, it's about Ws.

You know that Manuel has more wins than Tyrod Taylor (who is in his 5th season), right?

What does this imply here? That faced with his improvement, you prefer to look the other way? I really don't understand. Are you a Bills fan or are you a selfish person that just wants to be right all the time?

Im a Bills fan that wants wins. I dont think Ej can do that for us.

When the dust settles I expect it to shake out with Taylor in the top spot, Cassel as the game day back up (the vet presence who can come into a game and win it if Taylor goes down), and EJ as the 3rd -- but EJ is the guy who will start if Taylor goes down for an extended stretch, not Cassel.

This is where I'm at as well.

And Tyrod worked the pocket and had his eyes downfield last night. He ran only when he had to or it was designed. It's fine to prefer someone else, but I think TT gave his critics exactly what they were asking for last night.

Edited by NickelCity