EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still can't explain why scrimmages are different for QB evaluation. No one can. You're telling me EJ was good. Which is irrelevant.

0:) I can tell you how they're different:

In a scrimmage, the QB wears a red jersey. In a preseason game they are live targets. That changes everything from throwing lanes, to release points, to dealing with pressure.

I think there was a reason EJ only played the past two games with the 2's and 3's. Going all the way back to mini camp his play from everything that's been written just wasn't as good. I think he's played better than past years, but still has enough bad plays that puts him behind. I actually think if you compare top 50% plays made by each, EJ may be i nthe lead, but whe nhe screws up, he tends to do a better job of it than the other two, and seems ot be at the worst times. I'm not an EJ hater either, I tended to defend him in the past, if they started him in the upcoming game I'd be fine with it, but this idea that they need to start him to be fair is laughable.

I've heard two idea's as to why he played the entire 2nd half last night, one to try and generate trade value, and second, and this is kind of my thought to see if he's good enough for the #2 spot, and if so will dump Cassels $4.5 mil to be a #3 They know what they have in Cassel, would there be much of a drop off to EJ, if not then cut Cassel.

This was supposed to be an even quarterback battle. All three have performed well in all given opportunities. Tyrod got his chance with the 1's and 2's performed pretty well in both. Cassell performed with the 1's got his shot and performed well. EJ performed with the 3's and 2's and performed well.

So, since you do, can you post and go over the 5-6 wtf plays?

He's the one who made that ridiculous post, not me. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge what EJ did last night literally has no football intelligence, because that is the very essence of what NFL football is about.

IMO, I think EJ went from #3 to #1 because Rex knows what matters. It's not about practice, it's about performing under pressure in games.

He's the one who made that ridiculous post, not me. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge what EJ did last night literally has no football intelligence, because that is the very essence of what NFL football is about.

IMO, I think EJ went from #3 to #1 because Rex knows what matters. It's not about practice, it's about performing under pressure in games.

I totally thought you quoted a different post! No idea where that brain fart came from, sorry!

0:) I can tell you how they're different:

In a scrimmage, the QB wears a red jersey. In a preseason game they are live targets. That changes everything from throwing lanes, to release points, to dealing with pressure.

Fair enough, but I'd still argue it's more than sufficient to evaluate a QB.

I don't know. I think they decided to pressure him by throwing him to the bottom of the pile and disrespecting him to see if he could rise to the top. B-)

This does sound like a Rex way of thinking. Been wondering if this isn't true. It would also blow up all of the crap the media has been throwing at EJ. Thinking about it, no other team would expect EJ to start either. Just seems he is playing his cards close to the vest so he can surprise everyone with the announcement game 1.

I have to think that Rex, Roman, and Whaley are all more pleased with their QB situation as of today than they have ever been. And we are here bitching to each other, and guys on GR are being bigger idiots than they have shown to be before, which is no small feat.

Now, granted, that doesn't mean we have no QB issues. But all three of them seem to know the offense and can move the team and get the ball to playmakers 1-10. I don't think we have thrown one INT yet. Have we had a turnover in two games?

I have to think that Rex, Roman, and Whaley are all more pleased with their QB situation as of today than they have ever been. And we are here bitching to each other, and guys on GR are being bigger idiots than they have shown to be before, which is no small feat.

Now, granted, that doesn't mean we have no QB issues. But all three of them seem to know the offense and can move the team and get the ball to playmakers 1-10. I don't think we have thrown one INT yet. Have we had a turnover in two games?

Matt Simms threw an interception in the Carolina game, that scrub.

Good lord is everyone a 'hater' or 'lover'? I'm of the opinion that Taylor has played the best in preseason and is in the pole position, but that does not preclude me from being excited about EJ's development, or my hope that we keep him on the team due to his progress and prospects for the future. I'd be happy if he got a series with the 1s next week, but I think Taylor should start.

Hell I even think Cassel has acquitted himself well and will be an excellent 1-2 game stopgap if need be. I think he's more in consideration for the starting role than many think.

Edited by NickelCity

So playing well in the preseason games and the team scrimmage isn't going to have an effect on the competition? Got it, thanks.

Im saying "A couple better-than-expected showing in preseason isnt going to change that." in Rex's mind. It seems the decsions has been made so we shouldnt be expecting it to change because of his recent play.

After reading Ryan's comments on BB.com I have a feeling EJ has already been named the starter. Here's why: Ryan said When we give EJ time I think he's terrific. Well one of EJ's knocks coming into this season was he was slow making reads and decisions

Could it be they have him running with the 3's cause Ryan Roman and Co. Know EJ will not have alot of time and be forced to make a read and fire quicker to develop him? Just a thought but I'm throwing it out there. I think they named him starter already behind closed doors.

Edited by BeefCurtns

Im saying "A couple better-than-expected showing in preseason isnt going to change that." in Rex's mind. It seems the decsions has been made so we shouldnt be expecting it to change because of his recent play.

Rex said the scrimmage was going to be an important factor and then EJ played with the ones, and did the best of the three.

Rex said he is playing EJ with the twos and threes more than Casssel because he needs the experience and reps and Cassel doesn't.

Rex said he was impressed by what EJ did in the Carolina game after the rough start he blamed on the snaps.

Rex said he's keeping three QBs when a lot of the media and fans were predicting EJ cut.

Rex "swore" before the game that EJ was still in the mix as a starter to Albert Breer.

Rex said EJ was outstanding last night when he had time.

Rex said he thinks he has three QBs who can play.

Maybe people should listen to Rex instead of Sal and Joe B.

That said, I think Rex starts TT because he likes what TT has shown.

although most of what he says is crap and never comes back to say- hey i was way off on that- Jeremy White ask it this morning how many times have you seen EJ elude the rush and make a positive play in the 14 games he played? Tyrod has done it 6-7 times in a quarter of football. I agree completely if the offense can stay out of the negative plays they will be pretty good

Edited by CardinalScotts