EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

You wouldn't argue it.

I think TT should start and Cassel should probably be the backup. I also think people are crazy if they don't think that EJ has improved or played well when it counts. My biggest problem with him has been accuracy and making good decisions. He's been pretty damn accurate. He threw about 4-5 great NFL passes last night. Great passes. Three of which were in the endzone and one of which was a dart to the one yard line for first and goal. One of which was on fourth down with the game and maybe his season on the line. That's good play.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How?

He got his chance. The coaches gave it to him. EJ with the scrimmage, Cassel with game 1 and Tyrod with game 2. That was the plan and that's what happened.

So, just for my own clarification ... you think a scrimmage = 1Q of a preseason game. Is that correct?

I think TT should start and Cassel should probably be the backup. I also think people are crazy if they don't think that EJ has improved or played well when it counts. My biggest problem with him has been accuracy and making good decisions. He's been pretty damn accurate. He threw about 4-5 great NFL passes last night. Great passes. Three of which were in the endzone and one of which was a dart to the one yard line for first and goal. One of which was on fourth down with the game and maybe his season on the line. That's good play.

yup - i dont think hes won the job, but hes certainly in the mess of guys fighting for it.

This is irrelevant.

So, just for my own clarification ... you think a scrimmage = 1Q of a preseason game. Is that correct?

I think they're similar enough to not make a difference.

Familiarity with Roman's offense and his offseason work with DeBerg seem to now be paying dividends with improved performances. The guy has maintained a positive attitude and continued to work hard on his game. Good for him!

Like Gruden said last night. E.J. just does not give up. He has gotten better. Like him or not.

Seems like ej is still ej...5-6 wtf plays followed by one play thats good to great. He plays football like I golf, very erratic and inconsistant but every once in awhile I do something beautiful. Unfortunately it's not OK to be a hacker qb in the NFL, but its perfectly fine to suck at golf in your personal life.

Seems like ej is still ej...5-6 wtf plays followed by one play thats good to great. He plays football like I golf, very erratic and inconsistant but every once in awhile I do something beautiful. Unfortunately it's not OK to be a hacker qb in the NFL, but its perfectly fine to suck at golf in your personal life.

Please point out the 5-6 WTF plays you're referring to in the last two preseason games.

And yet, no one can explain how they are different for QB evaluation.

If scrimmage = preseason, then EJ has 3 TDs in about 3 or 4 quarters of play. I'm not sure how that helps your "argument".

Your single sentence retorts are not as witty as you think they might appear. They're routinely dismissive and elitist. The below example is particularly insulting and I'm not sure your points merit any sort of consideration since you don't give anyone else the time.

Prime example:

This is irrelevant.

If scrimmage = preseason, then EJ has 3 TDs in about 3 or 4 quarters of play. I'm not sure how that helps your "argument".

Your single sentence retorts are not as witty as you think they might appear. They're routinely dismissive and elitist. The below example is particularly insulting and I'm not sure your points merit any sort of consideration since you don't give anyone else the time.

Prime example:

That post was irrelevant.

My argument is that EJ has gotten time with the ones. I don't care if he was great, bad or exploded in the middle of the field.

You still can't explain why scrimmages are different for QB evaluation. No one can. You're telling me EJ was good. Which is irrelevant.

Edited by FireChan

You literally have no football intelligence.

Edited by 1billsfan

Haters gonna Hate... If you are an EJ hater you don't want him to succeed. And, everyone saying "oh he did it against the 3rd string..." Well , that's who they put in front of him. That's not his fault. This is what I am saying... If you don't give him a chance with the first team you aren't giving him a fair chance to win the job.

How can EJ be evaluated fairly when he is always playing with the second and third team offense ? He should be given a fair chance to win the job.

Based off what he did yesterday, I have to agree. Bottom line, he got the job done when it counted.