is Ray Rice coming to Buffalo for a look-see?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports the Bills have begun "internal discussions on whether to explore" signing free agent RB Ray Rice.

Related: Bills

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news/?rw=1

He was looking washed up in Baltimore before his troubles. Maybe the time away has helped his body recoup or he may just be washed up in general.

Edited by H2o

I absolutely hate the guy....but we are pretty depleted at the RB position right now. Get him in then get him out.

Hitting a woman is inexcusable, but he did marry the girl. People make mistakes. I highly doubt he'll repeat it.

He was looking washed up in Baltimore before his troubles. Maybe the time away has helped his body recoup or he may just be washed up in general.

i dont like what he did one bit.... but he was allegedly pretty badly injured that season, as well as trying to bulk up a little. it would make sense that if he was both heavier, AND had a hip injury that challenged his ability to get around on off days, that he would have lost some explosion.

would he be able to come back from that? big question mark, but i think its a legit question, and not an absolutely not like many posters portray.

Ray Rice - RB - Free Agent

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports the Bills have begun "internal discussions on whether to explore" signing free agent RB Ray Rice.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

He was injured in Baltimore. He doesn't have a history of beating women. He made a huge, critical mistake!! People makes mistakes. People reform. His wife forgave him, why can't the "moral police"?

Hitting a woman is inexcusable, but he did marry the girl. People make mistakes. I highly doubt he'll repeat it.

In an attempt to not hijack the thread I'll say my peace and won't address it again.

Marriage or not, he allowed his fiancé/wife/girlfriend to attend a press conference and publicly apologize for her role in the incident. That's not the act of a man who feels remorse or understands the severity of what he did. A man who understands his actions in that situtiation, never allows for the woman to apologize for getting knocked out. Let alone has her do it sitting right next to him at a nationally televised press conference.

Probably has, and probably continues to abuse her both physically and emotionally.

If it weren't for her apology, I may be on your bandwagon of reform. I believe in second chances as much as anybody, but that whole circus was a disaster.

In an attempt to not hijack the thread I'll say my peace and won't address it again.

Marriage or not, he allowed his fiancé/wife/girlfriend to attend a press conference and publicly apologize for her role in the incident. That's not the act of a man who feels remorse or understands the severity of what he did. A man who understands his actions in that situtiation, never allows for the woman to apologize for getting knocked out. Let alone has her do it sitting right next to him at a nationally televised press conference.

Probably has, and probably continues to abuse her both physically and emotionally.

If it weren't for her apology, I may be on your bandwagon of reform. I believe in second chances as much as anybody, but that whole circus was a disaster.

Good point, but drastic times calls for drastic measures. Was it another bad decision by Rice to allow her to do that? Sure, but how are we helping his wife by not giving Ray a second chance? Edited by Justice

Agree 100%. When I look at what Greg Hardy, Vick I just think the reason Rice is being blown up is simply because it was ON VIDEO. HE made a poor choice like a lot of other players. He has moved on along with his wife. He has been out almost a year. If Hardy gets a second chance or James Harrison even why does Rice not get a second chance? Video.

Agree 100%. When I look at what Greg Hardy, Vick I just think the reason Rice is being blown up is simply because it was ON VIDEO. HE made a poor choice like a lot of other players. He has moved on along with his wife. He has been out almost a year. If Hardy gets a second chance or James Harrison even why does Rice not get a second chance? Video.

I think the video sealed his fate. Some of these domestic cases center on accusations of pushing or shoving but he flat out threw a heavyweight class haymaker at a woman. It wasn't an open handed slap or a push (neither of which are acceptable), he went for big air and landed it. Does he deserve a shot, sure. There are a lot of degenerates in this league who've done the same or worse. Do I want it to be here? Don't care, long since stopped rooting for individuals, now I root for the logo. Too few likable players in the NFL to try to like any of them. They're simply a commodity. In fact, I would love it if they worse jerseys with no names or numbers.

I think the video sealed his fate. Some of these domestic cases center on accusations of pushing or shoving but he flat out threw a heavyweight class haymaker at a woman. It wasn't an open handed slap or a push (neither of which are acceptable), he went for big air and landed it. Does he deserve a shot, sure. There are a lot of degenerates in this league who've done the same or worse. Do I want it to be here? Don't care, long since stopped rooting for individuals, now I root for the logo. Too few likable players in the NFL to try to like any of them. They're simply a commodity. In fact, I would love it if they worse jerseys with no names or numbers.

Yes he punched her smack in the face. Have you read what Hardy did? Have you ever read the details of Vick's crime? I think Rice should be given a second chance not a third. Hardy's crime sounds much worse. I don't think Vick should ever have been allowed back in the league and meanwhile Patrick Roy is the head coach of Colorado.

Agreed, but, giving him a tryout down 5 RBs can't hurt. I don't think he will be back to pro bowl form. I like the idea of the tryout, but, don't think he will make the team.

What's so SAD about thIs situation is that not only Ray Rice, but his family is suffering from a "one time incident"! Rice is not allowed to provide for his family because people has a preconceived opinion that he is a "bad" guy and that he's not worthy to be a part of "my" team. The other sad part is that teams won't allow him the "opportunity" to try to make a roster spot because all they see is "dollars and cents".

Agreed, but, giving him a tryout down 5 RBs can't hurt. I don't think he will be back to pro bowl form. I like the idea of the tryout, but, don't think he will make the team.

If he's not going to be good enough to make the team why even bother with the tryout? As someone else said there are potentially better options that don't have his baggage -- like pretty much any RB who is unsigned and actually played RB in the last year.

I think a Rice signing would be one step over that line. It's noble we are handing out second chances but what Ray Rice did is pretty bad, and like someone said, he hasn't showed the required remorse. The Bills don't need that distraction. Sign some fodder RBs.

What's so SAD about thIs situation is that not only Ray Rice, but his family is suffering from a "one time incident"! Rice is not allowed to provide for his family because people has a preconceived opinion that he is a "bad" guy and that he's not worthy to be a part of "my" team. The other sad part is that teams won't allow him the "opportunity" to try to make a roster spot because all they see is "dollars and cents".

It may be worth the time to read up on the make up of men who beat up women. I spent the first half of my life surrounded by them, and it is rarely, if ever, a 'one time incident.'

Also, Ray Rice is absolutely allowed to provide for his family. He just can't do it playing football. There is only one person to blame for that, and it sure the hell ain't a preconceived notion.

If you want to cry for Ray Rice be my guest, but being able to play a child's game for a living should be a privilege. Nobody "deserves" a second chance though some players may be more likely to find a team willing it to give it them than others. Ray Rice can provide for his family by getting another job just like everybody else.

I think a Rice signing would be one step over that line. It's noble we are handing out second chances but what Ray Rice did is pretty bad, and like someone said, he hasn't showed the required remorse. The Bills don't need that distraction. Sign some fodder RBs.

I don't think it really matters whether or not they have kids.

Ray Rice - RB - Free Agent

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

If he's just a warm camp body what's the point. Sign a few street free agent backs and trot them out there. I can't see him beating out a much younger Williams so it's not like he'll stick. He's got to blow everyone's doors off in practice. I'm not seeing that happening.He would of been in an NFL camp by now. Negative PR is not worth the return with this fine upstanding citizen. Edited by BeefCurtns