Dinosaur BBQ now official BBQ of the Bills!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in the Syracuse area for about 10 years and love Dinosaur too but I at least agree with some of the comments about the prices.

I thought what they were trying to get for Pizza Logs and LaNova last year at the stadium was a little insane so I can see them trying to get 15$ for a slider sized pulled pork easy.

They sell Dinosaur sauces at Wegmans so anyone not familiar with Dinosaur food might be better off with a bunch of pulled pork in a crock pot with some Dino Wango Tango sauce out in the parking lot versus buying it in the stadium.

not according to the miserable pricks in the comment section of the article. I for one am a huge fan of Dinosaur

I'm sure there will be a couple of miserable pricks that will poo-poo it on here, too, but any time you need a dining buddy for Dinosaur, Pooj, I'm your man.

they also used to sell the packaged BBQ and Beans, but they aren't doing that at least down here in the Philly area. I liked having that option.

I have been in the Syracuse area for about 10 years and love Dinosaur too but I at least agree with some of the comments about the prices.

I thought what they were trying to get for Pizza Logs and LaNova last year at the stadium was a little insane so I can see them trying to get 15$ for a slider sized pulled pork easy.

They sell Dinosaur sauces at Wegmans so anyone not familiar with Dinosaur food might be better off with a bunch of pulled pork in a crock pot with some Dino Wango Tango sauce out in the parking lot versus buying it in the stadium.

Best comment to the article:

Be glad it's not Krabby Kirk's...15 minutes after eating that garbage the lines to the bathrooms will wrap around the stadium. There will be a lot of vomit on the concourses too...along with the people who crapped their pants waiting to use the toilets.

:lol:

While Dinosaur BBQ and Smoke on the Water are both very good, I think the dump dive that is Suzy-Q's BBQ Shack is the best barb-b-que in WNY. On top of being the best, it's also the cheapest. The only down side, the ribs are not "fall off the bone" which I prefer, but still very good. The cornbread rivals any other anywhere in the country. Definitely not a take a girl to on the first date type of place though.

It is absolutely on par with any BBQ joint anywhere.

Obviously you've never been to Texas or NC (not to mention probably St. Louis or KC, but I would be just guessing on those two).

While Dinosaur BBQ and Smoke on the Water are both very good, I think the dump dive that is Suzy-Q's BBQ Shack is the best barb-b-que in WNY. On top of being the best, it's also the cheapest. The only down side, the ribs are not "fall off the bone" which I prefer, but still very good. The cornbread rivals any other anywhere in the country. Definitely not a take a girl to on the first date type of place though.

Obviously you've never been to Texas or NC (not to mention probably St. Louis or KC, but I would be just guessing on those two).

I, time for me to be a BBQ snob here .

Ribs absolutely should NOT be falling off the bone. Bit of chew is key to a good rib, and is essential to winning in any BBQ compitition.

In terms of BBQ only being good in said states...could not disagree more. Good Q is about so much more than region...but each region can provide their own unique flavor based on native woods, techniques, sauce vs dry etc. Dinosaur is freaking awesome......for the earth let alone North America... And I live in Richmond where Q is a religion

Cool, I've always heard Virginia is a BBQ hotspot...oh wait, I have never heard that, ever. We're talking opinions here. I prefer fall off the bone to not, I prefer the places I've eaten in Texas, NC (where I lived for a few years and tried many places), and Suzy-Qs here to Dinosaur BBQ. Dinosaur is great and I'll never say otherwise, I just like the other ones better.

Edited by Mark80

Cool, I've always heard Virginia is a BBQ hotspot...oh wait, I have never heard that, ever. We're talking opinions here. I prefer fall off the bone to not, I prefer the places I've eaten in Texas, NC (where I lived for a few years and tried many places), and Suzy-Qs here to Dinosaur BBQ. Dinosaur is great and I'll never say otherwise, I just like the other ones better.

So Pooj opinion on Dinosaur was wrong, my opinion is wrong, but yours is right. Got it!

And yep, richmond not known for q. Tuffy Stone is a legend is a legend BBQ circles and judges the biggest Q competitions cause no Q here in Richmond. Buz and Ned's not an institution that Booby Flay came to challenge as " best Ribs in the Country" cause no Q here.

Peter King just in Minday said can't wait to get to richmond for the Q. But no q here in Richmond.

But your opinion is right, mine is wrong, got it.

I am sure your smoker is much better than mine as well.

Edited by plenzmd1

Good idea.

Dino may not be on par with what you find in the deep south, but as far as passable BBQ goes, it hits the spot.

really the only question is what they can produce in the setting they will have. it has been very hit or miss in settings like this in my experience.

could be a great opportunity, but if the setting hurts the quality..... really, other than that, i see no downside. good local(ish) manly food is great for football stadiums, as far as natural pairings go.

Ribs absolutely should NOT be falling off the bone. Bit of chew is key to a good rib, and is essential to winning in any BBQ compitition.

In terms of BBQ only being good in said states...could not disagree more. Good Q is about so much more than region...but each region can provide their own unique flavor based on native woods, techniques, sauce vs dry etc. Dinosaur is freaking awesome......for the earth let alone North America... And I live in Richmond where Q is a religion

hit it out of the park on all points.

Dino isnt my FAVORITE, but to act like it would be shunned elsewhere would be crazy too. its top notch.

I hope they do better than Duff's. I love Duff's and couldn't wait to get them at the Ralph. First time I ordered it took 15 minutes and the wings were still cold. Second time I ordered boneless and got bone-in. Third time, I don't remember. It's pretty clear that they weren't prepared for life at the Ralph. And this is in the Van Miller club, so they would know the maximum number of seats and therefore customers they could expect...Very disappointing.

Baltimore Orioles do the same thing in the stadium, Boogs BBQ, Phillies do it in their stadium, ,Greg Luzinski's Bull's BBQ, it's not that messy

Who wants to eat sticky food during a game? How can you eat it at your seat? Wouldn't it make more sense to have food trucks in the parking lot so people could eat before they go into the stadium.

I appreciate all BBQ unless it doesn't taste good. Falling off the bone doesn't need to win awards to taste good. Sometimes I like when it has the almost braised feature to it, if the sauce or rub is good enough.

Edited by Beef Jerky

This will be a good thread. If people think wing debates get contentious, wait til the BBQ folks chime in. FWIW, Dino and Sticky Lips are equal to me as far as Rochester is concerned. Both tasty, but definitely not as good as southern BBQ is concerned.

Just got a rack, bbq spaghetti and fire/ice pickles. It's definitely a "shack", but love the blues music playing in the background.

Love the fact that the Bills are promoting local products

Best comment to the article:

Be glad it's not Krabby Kirk's...15 minutes after eating that garbage the lines to the bathrooms will wrap around the stadium. There will be a lot of vomit on the concourses too...along with the people who crapped their pants waiting to use the toilets.

:lol:

LOL great painting of the picture

I have read about that place being killer bbq. I guess I really need to check that Suzy-Q out. I just don't see how Dinosaur is going to be able to do that much food though. We'll see how it goes but I say it's a great add to the stadium.

Dont like either very much.

Not a bad choice for the stadium though. be cool if they got involved in tailgating and ran some big assed Chicken cookers in the lots.
pulled pork is what the masses will buy. and thats just the sauce that makes or breaks it commercially. Dino has plenty of potions for sauce

Not a bad choice for the stadium though. be cool if they got involved in tailgating and ran some big assed Chicken cookers in the lots.
pulled pork is what the masses will buy. and thats just the sauce that makes or breaks it commercially. Dino has plenty of potions for sauce

BTW Dinosaur in Roch is almost too busy to frequent. must be doing something right ?

Who wants to eat sticky food during a game? How can you eat it at your seat? Wouldn't it make more sense to have food trucks in the parking lot so people could eat before they go into the stadium.

this is a great idea Joe. The one thing I will say as a huge wing lover from duffs to franks to gabriels gate etc, the best wing in the world BY FAR is the dinosaur bbq wango tango wing.

They smoke these babies for 24 hours on the bird, then pull these tender wings off and flash em on the grill. The meat is juicy, falling off the bone but the grilled skin is perfect and flavorful. Unlike deep fried wings there is no grease and no sinew or fat because theyre cooked low and slow.

I love the classic deep fried buffalo wing, but i dare you to take the dino wing challenge. You will be blown away.

this is a great idea Joe. The one thing I will say as a huge wing lover from duffs to franks to gabriels gate etc, the best wing in the world BY FAR is the dinosaur bbq wango tango wing.

They smoke these babies for 24 hours on the bird, then pull these tender wings off and flash em on the grill. The meat is juicy, falling off the bone but the grilled skin is perfect and flavorful. Unlike deep fried wings there is no grease and no sinew or fat because theyre cooked low and slow.

I love the classic deep fried buffalo wing, but i dare you to take the dino wing challenge. You will be blown away.

So Pooj opinion on Dinosaur was wrong, my opinion is wrong, but yours is right. Got it!

And yep, richmond not known for q. Tuffy Stone is a legend is a legend BBQ circles and judges the biggest Q competitions cause no Q here in Richmond. Buz and Ned's not an institution that Booby Flay came to challenge as " best Ribs in the Country" cause no Q here.

Peter King just in Minday said can't wait to get to richmond for the Q. But no q here in Richmond.

But your opinion is right, mine is wrong, got it.

I am sure your smoker is much better than mine as well.

No biggie man, but perhaps you misread the numerous times I wrote "in my opinion" and "i prefer" and "i think" in my posts. Usually terms such as those convey an opinion. On the other hand, phrases like "should absolutely not" and "are essential to winning" convey fact. It's all good though.

As far as regions go, it is a well established fact that Texas, NC, and Missouri/Kansas are quite well known for their BBQ prowess. Certainly more so than WNY (or any part of NY) and Richmond Virginia. I understand people get a bit protective of their hometowns, I know I sure do concerning BLo and our Pizza/Wings, but you've got to keep some perspective. Does that mean there are not exceptions? No, but in general if you go to some random BBQ joint in those places compared to some random one in NY or Va, chances are pretty damn good that you're going to have a better experience in the regions that are known to have great BBQ (or any food variety...try to find decent Italian food in a place with no Italians).

Edited by Mark80

I appreciate all BBQ unless it doesn't taste good. Falling off the bone doesn't need to win awards to taste good. Sometimes I like when it has the almost braised feature to it, if the sauce or rub is good enough.

I'm with you, and I lived down south for the better part of a decade. Smoked or slow-cooked meat with sauce on it is really hard to screw up.

That said, what will the prices be like? $15 for a pulled pork sandwich? No thanks, I'll continue to enjoy my tailgate lunch.

No biggie man, but perhaps you misread the numerous times I wrote "in my opinion" and "i prefer" and "i think" in my posts. Usually terms such as those convey an opinion. On the other hand, phrases like "should absolutely not" and "are essential to winning" convey fact. It's all good though.

Maybe that's how they do things at Cornell...not here on TSW!!!

As far as regions go, it is a well established fact that Texas, NC, and Missouri/Kansas are quite well known for their BBQ prowess. Certainly more so than WNY (or any part of NY) and Richmond Virginia. I understand people get a bit protective of their hometowns, I know I sure do concerning BLo and our Pizza/Wings, but you've got to keep some perspective. Does that mean there are not exceptions? No, but in general if you go to some random BBQ joint in those places compared to some random one in NY or Va, chances are pretty damn good that you're going to have a better experience in the regions that are known to have great BBQ (or any food variety...try to find decent Italian food in a place with no Italians).

Generally agree. I really like Dino; eat it far more often than any other BBQ joint.

When I've traveled to places like Raleigh, Memphis, Austin, etc., the BBQ they have just blew me away...another level of food.

BTW Dinosaur in Roch is almost too busy to frequent. must be doing something right ?

I agree. I like Dino but the only time I plan on going there is if I plan on staying there for 2+ hours. It's not really worth the hassle of going just to get food and leave (unless you're going at 2pm in the middle of the week during the winter). Summer it's usually impossible to get a table within 30 minutes. They also got rid of my favorite plate to "Dino menage a trois". Spicy shrimp, spicy wings and 1/2 rack of ribs.

Edited by The Wiz

Am I ordering something wrong? I had an overpriced, under-sized, chain-restaurant style pulled pork sandwich there and the whole place had the look and feel of a massive chain restaurant.

This is a serious question about this place, because I don't get the hype at all. I'm not trying to get into a debate about it, but can someone please tell me what made their experience so great?

Am I ordering something wrong? I had an overpriced, under-sized, chain-restaurant style pulled pork sandwich there and the whole place had the look and feel of a massive chain restaurant.

This is a serious question about this place, because I don't get the hype at all. I'm not trying to get into a debate about it, but can someone please tell me what made their experience so great?

Which Dino did you go to?

The Buffalo one.

I've never been to that one. Only Rochester and Syracuse. The one in Rochester was converted from a railroad station and is a historic landmark/place so that's one part of the appeal. Syracuse is the original. Neither of them have been dolled it all up like a new place would look.