Sheldon Richardson suspended 4 games

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DarrylSlater: Source confirms Sheldon Richardson tested positive for weed. This was his 2nd violation. Thus, four-game suspension. http://t.co/dUcyRlQX1y

@PFF: Sheldon Richardson had the second-highest grade among 3-4 DEs at +39.9 in 2014. Big loss for the @nyjets http://t.co/2vrPrwlM6p

Rolando McClain for Cowboys also suspended 4 games

Edited by YoloinOhio

So we're up to Sheldon Richardson, Rolando McClain, Datone Jones, and Antonio Gates so far, any more coming?

hoping for some Colts or Pats

Love how the nfl drops the news right before the holiday weekend

Edited by YoloinOhio

The level of stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Not everyone was brought up in a nice suburb surrounded by family and friends and received a good education. Some of these guys were raised with no money or education...all they have is their athletic ability and they make poor choices.

Not everyone was brought up in a nice suburb surrounded by family and friends and received a good education. Some of these guys were raised with no money or education...all they have is their athletic ability and they make poor choices.

That's very true. What's also very true is that pretty much everyone knows right from wrong.

That's very true. What's also very true is that pretty much everyone knows right from wrong.

...eh....not so much. But the players do all know that smoking weed is against league policy.

thats not a very good excuse for getting popped on multiple drug tests as an nfl player. it may be true, but it only buys you so much leash as a very wealthy guy in your mid 20s facing a very easy to game drug testing system. if he were the 19 year old freshman in college, id buy it a bit more but at some point you have to have a bit more accountability for yourself.

It's not like I'm saying they follow it. ;). You don't think every single NFL player doesn't know they are not to smoke weed?

And yes that's a triple negative.

I wasn't not referring to the "[no one doesn't] know right from wrong." ;)

@MattWintner: Heard form a reliable source that more NFL news may be announced tomorrow, which would also encompass domestic violence related suspensions.

Goodell will suspend every single NFL player for 4 games under the NFL's newly clarified "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" clause, or GUPI Edited by JTSP

All these 4 game suspensions are coming just in time. Now Brady can't say his punishment is too harsh.

interesting thought

...eh....not so much. But the players do all know that smoking weed is against league policy.

Kids are stupid mostly. the gravity of decisions is outweighed usually by hormones not intellect. i am surprised so many dont recall either being stupid or having stupid friends that did stupid stuff right in front of you.

there is always the factor that " it wont happen to me" when you are young and indestructible. till something really harsh happens.

so these guys are getting suspended. Thats a good repercussion I think. Because it strongly punishes not a " mistake". It punishes "#stupidmoveasshat"

They were born with a brain right?

We are not talking about a first offense here. Repeatedly doing something you know can cost you and your team is just stupid and having a tough childhood isn't an excuse.

Weren't the Jets looking to trade him? If so, no wonder they couldn't find any takers.

The rumor was they were trying to trade Wilkerson not Richardson.

Edited by Max997

I'll never understand why weed is illegal.

It's a friggin' plant. Alcohol is far more damaging. 100 years ago cocaine and heroin were sold in drugstores and completely legal. Funny related fact; The Netherlands where weed for both medical and recreational use is legal has one of the lowest usage figures in the world amongst it's inhabitants.