Sheldon Richardson suspended 4 games

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap, that's bad, really bad.

I know right...crazy. The NFL just can't get away from really bad stories...wonder when people are going go to start to blame the tatoos as the reason like they did in the NBA lol

This had nothing to do with Pot...love how people try to make giant leaps in logic to fill a different agenda.

Yeah, if he'd been smoking pot he'd have been driving 14 instead of 143, and he would have pulled into the first Crispy Creme with the "HOT" sign on.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2004/01/Issue-77/Sports-Media/True-Lies-Freeman-Resigns-Indy-Post-Due-To-False-Resume.aspx?

Check this link. Also don't shoot the messenger. Seriously though, he is a long way from out of the league. I'd be more than happy to make a wager on that. Signature line, screen name, you name it...

I don't doubt that Jets fans feel that way about Freeman as you posted--- any perceived vitriol in my post is reserved for their (Jets fans) stupidity and certainly for Moran. What I posted regarding Freeman's byline is incontrovertibly true, regardless of whether or not he lied about graduating from the University of Delaware 11 years ago, and Moran's credentials fall woefully short. I'm not sure what the point of a wager would be.

Yeah, if he'd been smoking pot he'd have been driving 14 instead of 143, and he would have pulled into the first Krispy Kreme with the "HOT" sign on.

C'mon now. The best donuts in the world deserve better.

Edited by The Adam

This had nothing to do with Pot...love how people try to make giant leaps in logic to fill a different agenda.

Nothing? Love how people like to act like drugs never play a part in anything to fill their anything goes agenda.

“I’m not a dope fiend. I can say no. I just chose not to,” Richardson said. “I was in a depressing time in my offseason. That’s just that. It’s that simple. But there’s money on the line. My money is worth more than some weed. It is what it is.”

“very strong odor” of burned marijuana.

What an idiot! This happened about a block away from my house! Mizzou is churning out some real winners lately...Aldon Smith, Sheldon, DGB.

If your avatar is an indication, I can see why

BTW, fu nyc news. When they were talking about Richardson they showed his highlights vs Biils

Not everyone was brought up in a nice suburb surrounded by family and friends and received a good education. Some of these guys were raised with no money or education...all they have is their athletic ability and they make poor choices.

Poor them.....not everyone that works hard makes millions.

true . But burning pot was in the car.

Probably trying to take the edge of the meth. and the x

Thats the kind of behaviour of someone taking something very uncool.

Very aggressive actions. and why the loaded gun? To protect the Bentley or were they taking the kid out target shooting?

Probably just a hazing ritual kids will be kids , lets not overeact till we gather all the information.

Geez you folks with all your ethics and moralities .

Who is the bottom in that relationship? The new booty or the smaller man?

Lawrence will tell him exactly how and where. Thats tenure in action my friend

Really all we need is for Suh to do something really dumb, and we'll hit the trifecta of AFC East opponents losing their best players for a decent chunk of time.

i would say the jets best player is revis, but richardson was probably #2.

was this discussed?

Jets DE Sheldon Richardson busted for allegedly driving 143 mph, resisting arrest

On Thursday, as the Jets started training camp, there was a story out of St. Louis that Richardson was clocked for allegedly driving 143 miles per hour and then resisting arrest via a high-speed chase on July 14.

I don't know about ever again but I doubt he plays this year. Does he get put on that commissioners list? Cause I doubt he gets suspended for this until next year

You're kidding, right? Reckless driving, fleeing from police, pot, and a TWELVE-YEAR-OLD in the car.

He's done.

I doubt he's done for his career... I mean maybe he does a couple years in prison at most, then gets back into the NFL after if he still has skill. Just because one has a record, doesn't mean they shouldn't have opportunity to be employed.

I doubt he's done for his career... I mean maybe he does a couple years in prison at most, then gets back into the NFL after if he still has skill. Just because one has a record, doesn't mean they shouldn't have opportunity to be employed.

he has plenty of opportunity to be employed. He can cook fries at McDonald's, or work turning the stop/go sign on the road at a construction site, or hang off the back of a garbage truck picking up my trash. I have absolutely no simpathy for guys doing something stupid and uneccessary then losing their golden ticket/lottery ticket gig of playing a pro sport for millions. If he wants to stay in the NFL, maybe the Jets could give him a job cleaning the piss and puke from the stadium after games.....

he has plenty of opportunity to be employed. He can cook fries at McDonald's, or work turning the stop/go sign on the road at a construction site, or hang off the back of a garbage truck picking up my trash. I have absolutely no simpathy for guys doing something stupid and uneccessary then losing their golden ticket/lottery ticket gig of playing a pro sport for millions. If he wants to stay in the NFL, maybe the Jets could give him a job cleaning the piss and puke from the stadium after games.....

I don't have my sympathy either, but I'm a big proponent of people doing their time, having the opportunity to learn from it, and hopefully turning things around and getting back to living life. If he still has skills, and he's not a complete asshat after his punishment, you can bet that someone in the NFL will sign him.

You're kidding, right? Reckless driving, fleeing from police, pot, and a TWELVE-YEAR-OLD in the car.

He's done.

I'm missing it too. Had he rolled the car or crashed into someone else and killed someone then yeah, I get it. But no one got hurt. I understand the seriousness of his actions and need for discipline, but never play again? That just seems crazy to me.

Of course, if his AFCE career is over, I'm thrilled! Give him a second chance in Chicago or Atlanta.

He's done.

we will see. if he was alex carrington that statement would be a lot more certain than sheldon richardson. elite talent gets much longer leashes with offenses and i dont know that the league will permanently ban a guy here.

Considering we have rapists and dog killers in the league, I'm thinking whatever he pleas down to will not result in a lifetime NFL ban.

things have really escalated a lot the last year or two with both outrage and reactionary punishments but its likely a big hurdle to clear in issuing a lifetime ban.

I do want to clarify, I think he's a jackass for doing that, and deserves some serious jailtime. He endangered his passengers AND strangers in public. So I'm not taking it lightly. I just think it was idiocy, more than being a malicious threat to the public. Hopefully he'll learn to be a decent human being during his time in jail.

i think he's too talented for this to be true

so the talent of the player might dictate the punishment meted out? Ask Tommy Boy how that's working out.....um, not so much. King Roger seems to be sharpening his stance after some bungled disciplinary events (aka Ray Rice). Granted a lifetime ban is not the same as 4 games for Tommy, but Rodge seems to be dropping the hammer to get some cred back with the owners

I do want to clarify, I think he's a jackass for doing that, and deserves some serious jailtime. He endangered his passengers AND strangers in public. So I'm not taking it lightly. I just think it was idiocy, more than being a malicious threat to the public. Hopefully he'll learn to be a decent human being during his time in jail.

likewise will underscore that i agree its serious, just that guys have returned time and time again from serious stuff.

so the talent of the player might dictate the punishment meted out? Ask Tommy Boy how that's working out.....um, not so much. King Roger seems to be sharpening his stance after some bungled disciplinary events (aka Ray Rice). Granted a lifetime ban is not the same as 4 games for Tommy, but Rodge seems to be dropping the hammer to get some cred back with the owners

nope thats not the point im making, and i doubt its what the others are. ill elaborate again.

the league would be making a big unprecedented move to totally ban a player here (possible, but seems a stretch), so more likely in some combo of jail/exempt list/suspension he misses most of the next 2 seasons. a bad player doesnt get a second chance after that, an elite player is more likely to

To do what he did with a 12-year old passenger in the car is more than idiocy -- if I was that boy's father I'd want to kill him.

It's a friggin' plant. Alcohol is far more damaging. 100 years ago cocaine and heroin were sold in drugstores and completely legal. Funny related fact; The Netherlands where weed for both medical and recreational use is legal has one of the lowest usage figures in the world amongst it's inhabitants.

FDR used cocaine on the day of Pearl Harbor. True fact.

My favorite part of this story is this article on NFL.com where you'll read this:

The news comes roughly two hours after Richardson appeared at the team's Florham Park facility to publicly address his four-game suspension for the first time.

"I apologize to my teammates and the organization," he said. "I told them you don't have to worry about my name being in the news again."

Edited by LABillzFan