Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

personally, I have been told I have the best practice swing of any golfer anyone has ever seen, but once the ball is in front of my club all bets are off, and I'm lucky not to kill anyone withing 200 yard of my shot immediately to my right. I think this is what we are seeing... a great practice performance.

Man, I can completely relate to that. I'd go so far as to say most objects within 200 yards on either side aren't safe. Especially houses.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an big supporter of EJ for the last three years, if he DOSENT win the job, I don't know, I'm done with him. And if he does win the job, how many games, or quarters, does he get before the pitchforks come out?

First, you have to stop posting 'stories" from the Buffalo Sun Sentinel. All it is one guy rewriting other people's stuff. In this case he is making news out of the Bills recently released depth chart that shows EJ as #1 QB. From that the BSS guy is making the leap that EJ is out-playing everyone.

I don't really think you can blame a QBs development entirely on the coaching staff. Was Dan Marino's QB coach a superstar? Was Elway, Manning or Jim Kelly's QB coaches really what made them successful? Or even more, was Marv Levy, or Tony Dungy what made them winners?

How about this thought: Maybe...... juuuuuust maybe EJ really isn't that good, and we whiffed on the pick. Maybe he is exactly what he appears to be, a great, intelligent, hard working guy that just can't handle the speed of the game once he's on the field. I can't see how Marrone did that to him when you watch some game film from FSU, read the breakdown of his game, and the pre-draft analysts analysis and tell me those things don't read like a post game analysis of any game he played in for the Bills.

I would love to see him prove all of that wrong, I like the guy, he seems like the perfect fit to be a franchise guy on size and maturity alone, but I'd also like to win the lottery and I don't see either happening.

personally, I have been told I have the best practice swing of any golfer anyone has ever seen, but once the ball is in front of my club all bets are off, and I'm lucky not to kill anyone withing 200 yard of my shot immediately to my right. I think this is what we are seeing... a great practice performance.

Tom Martinez helped mentor Elway and Tom Brady

David Cutcliffe helped mentor the Manning brothers. They also had a former NFL QB as a father

Mouse Davis and Ted Marchibroda helped Kelly's development

I bet they would give them credit for making them the players they were/are. So yes you can blame a QBs development on a coaching staff. Drew Brees wasn't any good until he hooked up with Sean Payton. Brett Favre wasn't considered good until he got to GB. Do we think the "BAAD MAN" would be giving discount double checks had he not been developed by GB. Joe Flacco development happened right before our eyes in Baltimore. Many thought he was a BUST after his first couple seasons. Manuel was supposed to develop here in Buffalo, but a mat altered that plan.

I don't really think you can blame a QBs development entirely on the coaching staff. Was Dan Marino's QB coach a superstar? Was Elway, Manning or Jim Kelly's QB coaches really what made them successful? Or even more, was Marv Levy, or Tony Dungy what made them winners?

How about this thought: Maybe...... juuuuuust maybe EJ really isn't that good, and we whiffed on the pick. Maybe he is exactly what he appears to be, a great, intelligent, hard working guy that just can't handle the speed of the game once he's on the field. I can't see how Marrone did that to him when you watch some game film from FSU, read the breakdown of his game, and the pre-draft analysts analysis and tell me those things don't read like a post game analysis of any game he played in for the Bills.

Well, we will definitely know after this camp/season whether or not it was really the coaches.

Here's a good one - EJ was Screwed From the Start: http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/e-j-manuel-was-screwed-from-the-start/

Kind of conveniently ignores any reports that he's not a total dumpster fire in OTAs thus-far or that we have a Greg Roman led Offensive staff. o_O

And apparently still screwed because of Rex. It seems to me that they have now done everything to help Manuel become successful, by adding both coaches and players.

I would love to see him prove all of that wrong, I like the guy, he seems like the perfect fit to be a franchise guy on size and maturity alone, but I'd also like to win the lottery and I don't see either happening.

Sooo, you are saying he are who we thought he are?

Well, crown him then.

What would be interesting here is if the bills

Start EJ Manuel

Move Tyrod Taylor to backup

Cut Cassell

Not saying that is gonna happen........but it still accomplishes what I wanted from this QB process.......a starting QB with upside and a veteran backup (Which Taylor is from his 4 years backing up in Baltimore)

I think you nailed it right on the head. Unfortunately so. . . .

Man, I can completely relate to that. I'd go so far as to say most objects within 200 yards on either side aren't safe. Especially houses.

This is a good analogy. EJ almost killed some people last year, too.

First, you have to stop posting 'stories" from the Buffalo Sun Sentinel. All it is one guy rewriting other people's stuff. In this case he is making news out of the Bills recently released depth chart that shows EJ as #1 QB. From that the BSS guy is making the leap that EJ is out-playing everyone.

why? its a report from some sports person (who probably pulled something from the AP).

If the story said EJ sucked how would you feel?

I think you nailed it right on the head. Unfortunately so. . . .

I think its way out of whack

Last year EJ was HORRIBLE at this time......this year he is ahead of the pack (and no matter how much the media will put "meh" on that....the fact is he does not look like his is lost the way he did last year at this time.

There IS something to be said from showing progression in practice from one year to the next like EJ has done.

But

Its not over yet.....the two QBs he is in competion with are new....which means the scope of play could entirely change......I just dont think that EJ showing progression from last year at this time should be dismissed.