Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carucci also reported that EJ looked the best, Cassel by far the worst, and Taylor just middling. I think the most significant part of that report is how God-awful Cassel was. As a veteran without athleticism, his primary attribute has to be accuracy and reading defenses. If he's weak on those two fronts he'll be gone. Very bad omen for his chances that he can't get it done in a safe, controlled environment.

Carucci also reported that EJ looked the best, Cassel by far the worst, and Taylor just middling. I think the most significant part of that report is how God-awful Cassel was. As a veteran without athleticism, his primary attribute has to be accuracy and reading defenses. If he's weak on those two fronts he'll be gone. Very bad omen for his chances that he can't get it done in a safe, controlled environment.

Cassel is my last choice to start, but I would want him as a backup. I think it's great to have a vet in the lockerroom, especially for young QBs. Cassel seems like a good dude.

http://buffalo.suntimes.com/buffalo-bills/7/116/142765/bills-ej-manuel-beating-cassel-taylor-otas

I think the OTA's are a very small sample size but no doubt I would love it if E.J. could earn the job. Either way too early to tell IMO.

now where did I see this yesterday???

oh yeah I buried it in some thread. :devil:

not problem. Links I often post in threads end up as mail topics

As someone who really wants EJ to step up and win the job, OTAs means nothing to me. But hopefully, he is grasping the offense and becoming a leader.

That's where I am too. They are the opening argument. I want EJ to win it, but I fully expect the decision to come in training camp when we have all of our receivers.

A veteran without athleticism? The guy was a 2 sport athlete at USC and was drafted by both the MLB and the NFL. Seems these days if your a pocket passer you're no longer an athlete. This article looks like that one bleacher report about Cassel having 1 bad day. I myself am def rooting for EJ to win...I want a franchise qb like all of us and not some retread, I just hope he somehow learned to hit his open receivers.

A veteran without athleticism? The guy was a 2 sport athlete at USC and was drafted by both the MLB and the NFL. Seems these days if your a pocket passer you're no longer an athlete. This article looks like that one bleacher report about Cassel having 1 bad day. I myself am def rooting for EJ to win...I want a franchise qb like all of us and not some retread, I just hope he somehow learned to hit his open receivers.

Im really sorry to all you baseball fans as I am one too. However, the more baseball I watch the more I'm convinced you don't need to be an athlete to play the game anymore. I believe thats why the sport lacks appeal to people these days. What I've seen from Meh in his NFL career is a pretty unathletic guy. Plus at USC he was a pitcher. Pitcher= stand and throw just like he does as a QB. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Here's a good one - EJ was Screwed From the Start: http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/e-j-manuel-was-screwed-from-the-start/

Kind of conveniently ignores any reports that he's not a total dumpster fire in OTAs thus-far or that we have a Greg Roman led Offensive staff. o_O

The sad thing is that he even mentions that Roman's style is perfect for EJ.

Who is the Manule that gained 8-10 pounds and when did we get Dough Whaley as GM??

He's part man, part mule. Plus, apparently Whaley has been putting on a few pounds.

http://buffalo.suntimes.com/buffalo-bills/7/116/142765/bills-ej-manuel-beating-cassel-taylor-otas

I think the OTA's are a very small sample size but no doubt I would love it if E.J. could earn the job. Either way too early to tell IMO.

Nonsense, the articles over the last few weeks made it clear that Tyrod Taylor is the Bills new franchise QB. It cannot be otherwise.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't really think you can blame a QBs development entirely on the coaching staff. Was Dan Marino's QB coach a superstar? Was Elway, Manning or Jim Kelly's QB coaches really what made them successful? Or even more, was Marv Levy, or Tony Dungy what made them winners?

How about this thought: Maybe...... juuuuuust maybe EJ really isn't that good, and we whiffed on the pick. Maybe he is exactly what he appears to be, a great, intelligent, hard working guy that just can't handle the speed of the game once he's on the field. I can't see how Marrone did that to him when you watch some game film from FSU, read the breakdown of his game, and the pre-draft analysts analysis and tell me those things don't read like a post game analysis of any game he played in for the Bills.

I would love to see him prove all of that wrong, I like the guy, he seems like the perfect fit to be a franchise guy on size and maturity alone, but I'd also like to win the lottery and I don't see either happening.

personally, I have been told I have the best practice swing of any golfer anyone has ever seen, but once the ball is in front of my club all bets are off, and I'm lucky not to kill anyone withing 200 yard of my shot immediately to my right. I think this is what we are seeing... a great practice performance.

Edited by Homey D. Clown