HOF worthy?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Is Woodson HOF worthy?

• Yes
    • No
    • After Ed Reed makes it
    • First ballot selection

Woodson just named top 100 in his 18th season. 60 career INT's. 8 Pro Bowls

I think Reed and Woodson are first ballot HOF inductees.

What do you think?

On another note how many votes do you think Darren Sharper will get if it is supposed to be only based on his on-field activities???

Saw him play in high school at Fremont Ross. He has had skill his entire life. Playing corner he did a back pedal 5 yards off the LOS. Still made it all the way across the field to tackle the RB for a 7 yard loss on an option.

Woodson is first ballot, while sharper had some good years I never thought of Darren sharper as a star or HOF worthy player

Neither did I but he has more career INT's than Woodson and Lott. Only 1 less than Reed. INT's not the entire story of a safeties career but every other player with that many INT's is in the HOF.

Edited by Dragonborn10

Without a doubt he will be first ballot.

8 time pro-bowler and a 7 team all pro. Played in a Super Bowl with Oakland and won one with Green Bay. Very good player in the pros for a very long time. No doubt he makes it in when he decides to hang it up and becomes eligible.

Woodson also won defensive player of the year. I may be wrong but it seems like there haven't been a ton of DBs to win that award

Edit: only four since 1994: Deion Sanders, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Charles Woodson

Edited by FluffHead

I hear these arguments for it seems like everyone who is brought up is instantly a first ballot HOF. There are only 5 each year plus the senior person and the contributor now. I'm confident Woodson will get in the Hall, but it's timing as to whether a first ballot.

I'm not minimizing his contribution, just placing in persepctive as to when he goes in. How many years did it take for Reed? That was all about the log jam for all of those top WR.

I hear these arguments for it seems like everyone who is brought up is instantly a first ballot HOF. There are only 5 each year plus the senior person and the contributor now. I'm confident Woodson will get in the Hall, but it's timing as to whether a first ballot.

I'm not minimizing his contribution, just placing in persepctive as to when he goes in. How many years did it take for Reed? That was all about the log jam for all of those top WR.

Our Reed really isn't a good comparable. Timing can play a role but who is in this logjam for him that you propose?

Woodson just named top 100 in his 18th season. 60 career INT's. 8 Pro Bowls

I think Reed and Woodson are first ballot HOF inductees.

What do you think?

On another note how many votes do you think Darren Sharper will get if it is supposed to be only based on his on-field activities???

If Reed and Woodson aren't, then who is?

Saw him play in high school at Fremont Ross. He has had skill his entire life. Playing corner he did a back pedal 5 yards off the LOS. Still made it all the way across the field to tackle the RB for a 7 yard loss on an option.

I also saw him in high school, simply an unbelievable athlete. I remember the team I saw him against basically gameplanned to not allow a home run and there were several plays he almost ran a straight line from the backfield to out of bounds a yard past the first down marker without being touched.

If Woodson goes on the first ballot, I won't be upset or surprised. He deserves it. But, Thurman Thomas wasn't a first ballot HOFer. Woodson is a great player who will get into the HOF but Thomas's example shows sometimes even great players have to wait.