Jon Stewart on Tom Brady...EPIC

hater

3rdand12.....that's what I like the most about you.....you have that knack of reading way past what is actually said and incorporate your own conclusion. :worthy:

BTW hope your sarcasm meter is dialed high.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rdand12.....that's what I like the most about you.....you have that knack of reading way past what is actually said and incorporate your own conclusion. :worthy:

BTW hope your sarcasm meter is dialed high.

always brother. always

So you hate redheads too? Man, you're history's greatest monster.

That statement makes it a consensus.

I love when we pile on :nana:

edit couldn't spell consensus correctly

Edited by 3rdand12

Yet, he is the source for "news" for a lot of the youth today.

He is just as much "news" as any of the other sources. News channels are the original reality tv shows, sensationalizing and hyper focusing on the sliver of content the belive their viewing demographic wants.

Given that, it's actually a reasonable consolidation to get "news" and comedy from the same source, provided one can live with his version of spin.

Provided "news" actually means a few occasional facts surrounded by bias, spin, out of context quotes, stirred up and oft fabricated controversy and editorialist opinions constructed with some agenda

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Usually, humor is subjective.

However, Jon Stewart is objectively funny. Fox News and its country music audience are often the butt of his jokes, however, so hence the assumption that perhaps your statement that you don't find him funny might have to do with his politics...

i never brought up politics.. nothing close to that, just said i did not find him funny in response to a poster that said "he will be missed" assumptions were made, conclusions were drawn, but hey, this is an opinion board.. let the good times roll.

always brother. always

That statement makes it a consesus.

I love when we pile on :nana:

:thumbsup:

Edited by dwight in philly

I don't care for Stewart. I think he is cheesy and filthy at best. I also am not a Obama fan. I also am a registered Republican. Awight

now I wonder why you don't like John? hmmmm

what could it be? his constant mocking of politicians (mostly R's)

he has a job to do, you go with what gets you the most laughs. it has worked for over 15 years for him on that show alone

I'm a straight, white, republican male. How else can I piss you off? By not caring for Stewart? Really? Some of you people are crazy. The thing I don't like about him is that politics is his thing, yet when somebody proves his crazy ideas wrong...he hides behind "this is just comedy". You shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Yet, he is the source for "news" for a lot of the youth today.

Having said that...this was a kinda entertaining

For one you couldn't be more wrong about what Jon Stewart professes to be. He is a comedian first and foremost and has stated time and time again that's his intent and if people want to interpret what he does as news, that's entirely up to them. Politics (at least most of the time as evidenced by this Brady clip) happens to be his subject matter. Please watch his interview with Chris Wallace of fox news on youtube for further clarification. Secondly, I have two questions: can you please give me an example of some "crazy ideas" of his and also, you have put "news" in quotes when alluding to his show, which I'm ok with- would you similarly use quotes to refer to the fox news political commentary programs hosted by O'Reilly, hannity, huckabee, et al? Just curious. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm sure there are people out there that don't like Jon Stewart. Why would that be so shocking?

Personally, I think Stewart is pretty funny. I don't take him that seriously when it comes to politics, because I see him as just a comedian.

I don't care for Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell. It's not that I don't like them as people, I just don't find them to be all that funny.

Will Ferrell is NOT funny. I agree.

Adam Sandler makes very good "feel good" and lovy dovy movies. He knows what he's doing.

I hate to get off topic from the original post, but did you guys see the Daily Show clip? But my god; Gronk is just a big, dumb, meathead.

Good point. What's the topic here. Funny vid on Brady's cheating ways or what?

This is an epic funny or not funny attack on Brady. Can we stick to that??

Republicans, Jay Leno, leave that outside.

i never brought up politics.. nothing close to that, just said i did not find him funny in response to a poster that said "he will be missed" assumptions were made, conclusions were drawn, but hey, this is an opinion board.. let the good times roll.

No, when the poster said "Stewart will be missed", your only response was a question mark. Nothing more.

Whether or not Stewart is funny, is a matter of opinion.

Whether or not Stewart will be missed, is not.

Unless you really think you have a shot of convincing BarleyNY that he will not miss Stewart.

Assumptions and conclusions were drawn. By you.

You assumed the statement "Stewart will be missed" implied "by everybody", including you.

No, when the poster said "Stewart will be missed", your only response was a question mark. Nothing more.

Unless you really think you have a shot of convincing BarleyNY that he will not miss Stewart.

You assumed the statement "Stewart will be missed" implied "by everybody", including you.

great analysis!.

For one you couldn't be more wrong about what Jon Stewart professes to be. He is a comedian first and foremost and has stated time and time again that's his intent and if people want to interpret what he does as news, that's entirely up to them. Politics (at least most of the time as evidenced by this Brady clip) happens to be his subject matter. Please watch his interview with Chris Wallace of fox news on youtube for further clarification. Secondly, I have two questions: can you please give me an example of some "crazy ideas" of his and also, you have put "news" in quotes when alluding to his show, which I'm ok with- would you similarly use quotes to refer to the fox news political commentary programs hosted by O'Reilly, hannity, huckabee, et al? Just curious.

I never said what he professes to be...I said that is what he does. His professing is the very thing I am talking about. It's even evident in that Chris Wallace interview.

Yes, absolutely, they too are political commentators.

I see him different than you, and that's ok.

now you are assuming.

by your quote the OP posted - Stewart will be missed

I don't recall the OP saying Stewart will be missed by all!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I hate to get off topic from the original post, but did you guys see the Daily Show clip? But my god; Gronk is just a big, dumb, meathead.

1) I like Jon Stewart in small doses. And I think he sometimes brings up issues that the mainstream media doesn't want to talk about for whatever reason. I believe he will be missed.

2) Even compared to Marshawn, Gronk seems like a meathead. Remember this video game contest with Conan?

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175794-i-hate-marshawn-lynch/page-15&sa=U&ei=Hm5PVe2uCpWgyASejIHwBw&ved=0CAUQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHDEhw5yGoX3JUXP3ZLkvvhbENlxw

I will miss Stewart, but I think I already miss Steven Colbert more. I think they are both funny, but I think Colbert was as close to a genius as one can be as a comic. I also think John Oliver, as much because of the format of his show, and not having the pressures of a nightly show, is pretty damn incredible too.

I'm about as Conservative as they come, but Stewart does have his moments of pure comedic genius (mostly when I agree with the subject matter). He was on point here. :)

Tim-

Here's the thing...Jon doesn't set out to offend conservatives or any particular party...he simply offers "common sense" commentary on the ridiculous things politicians and other public figures say, and it just so happens the majority of those come from the right wing.

Here's the thing...Jon doesn't set out to offend conservatives or any particular party...he simply offers "common sense" commentary on the ridiculous things politicians and other public figures say, and it just so happens the majority of those come from the right wing.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I'm a straight, white, republican male. How else can I piss you off? By not caring for Stewart? Really? Some of you people are crazy. The thing I don't like about him is that politics is his thing, yet when somebody proves his crazy ideas wrong...he hides behind "this is just comedy". You shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Yet, he is the source for "news" for a lot of the youth today.

Having said that...this was a kinda entertaining

When has this ever happened? I'm conservative myself, but I find Stewart hilarious. And although there's no doubt that he clearly leans to the left, nobody is off limits and calls dems/lefties out when needed.

I will miss Stewart, but I think I already miss Steven Colbert more. I think they are both funny, but I think Colbert was as close to a genius as one can be as a comic. I also think John Oliver, as much because of the format of his show, and not having the pressures of a nightly show, is pretty damn incredible too.

100%... While Stewart has his moments Colbert is consistently very funny. His interviews with people where he also has to do some level of improve, showcase his genius.

"majority of those come from the right wing".. fact or opinion?

Usually, humor is subjective.

However, Jon Stewart is objectively funny. Fox News and its country music audience are often the butt of his jokes, however, so hence the assumption that perhaps your statement that you don't find him funny might have to do with his politics...

Using your logic then it would seem that those that do find him funny must agree with his liberal political bent. Either that or your post above is really good satire. Just sayin'

i know, but why will he be missed? i would submit that is a matter of opinion, i really do not find him particularly funny. IMHO

He will be missed. One of the funniest political satire personalities to ever exist. This is not opinion, this is fact

Funny but I never ever have seen a conservative comedian, probably cause the right wing is a sad sad extremely pathetic joke in itself

Edited by ddaryl

Using your logic then it would seem that those that do find him funny must agree with his liberal political bent. Either that or your post above is really good satire. Just sayin'

that assumption is incorrect It has been stated correctly at least 3 times.

a majority of the show is political satire.

the side that goofs up the most gets mocked the most .

Funny but I never ever have seen a conservative comedian, probably cause the right wing is a sad sad extremely pathetic joke in itself

:beer:

He will be missed. One of the funniest political satire personalities to ever exist. This is not opinion, this is fact

curious... any proof of your "fact"?.. also, i would take a guess that your closing statement is rather more of an opinion?

"majority of those come from the right wing".. fact or opinion?

I'm willing to bet even staunch (fiscal) conservatives cover their ears when they hear some of the things coming out of their political representatives' pie holes, particularly when dealing with social issues.

Most of them are terrible, cheesy, and pandering. But look up a show that used to be on Glenn Beck's (put any bias aside) channel, called the BS of A. Was pretty funny for such a low budget show. And the right wing wasn't off limits, it just leaned to the right.

I'm willing to bet even staunch (fiscal) conservatives cover their ears when they hear some of the things coming out of their political representatives' pie holes, particularly when dealing with social issues.

i agree, but does it work the other way too? , do "liberals" ( you used the term "conservatives" ) say anything less than perfect? i would submit that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"?